[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is 4chan modern art? posting here is a lot like street art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: graffiti-2.jpg (393 KB, 1600x845) Image search: [Google]
graffiti-2.jpg
393 KB, 1600x845
is 4chan modern art?

posting here is a lot like street art if you think about it. every poster could be seen as an artist that anonymously leaves original content in a public place. some users use names (or 'tags') in an attempt to get famous. spam could be compared to 'bombings' (large graffiti pieces), hacking attempts to 'crossing' (drawing over the picture of another street artist).

none of us get paid for our work and most of us enjoy what we create here or what is created by others on 4chan. much like graffiti the work usually disappears shortly after it has been published.

the content of the posts is also similar to that found in the graffiti scene. a lot of satirical remarks and contrarian content. compare it to the ancient shitpost graffitis found here:

http://www.pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti%20from%20Pompeii.htm

what do you think? are you a writer and do you draw mspaint pictures for 4chan? are you an internetart artist?
>>
>>25188909

>is 4chan modern art?

Yeah, it is. Some of the most innovative and and honest thoughts I've ever read have come from this site.
>>
4chan is only but a wall, memes make the mural
>>
File: .png (4 KB, 412x252) Image search: [Google]
.png
4 KB, 412x252
can you call it art just because it is original?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.