[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: How did you get your job brobots? may some one of you can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1446508655900s.jpg (3 KB, 124x85) Image search: [Google]
1446508655900s.jpg
3 KB, 124x85
ITT: How did you get your job brobots? may some one of you can enlighten me to how get a better one than be in the zoneet
>>
>>25188651
>Walk up to a recruiter
>Tell him I want to enlist
>tell him I want to go into SOF
>Take the ASVAB and physical
>get contract
>get SOF contract
>have job
>>
>>25188651
Don't have a job right now, but one of them I got through a friend, a few of them I found online and applied online, most of them I saw online and then went there in person and handed my CV to the manager and tried to sell myself for a few seconds.
>>
>>25188651
Went to a vocational school during my senior year of high school and learned a trade. My teacher knew a guy who was hiring and recommended me to him.
>>
File: 1415418860781.png (405 KB, 1876x720) Image search: [Google]
1415418860781.png
405 KB, 1876x720
>apply for internship
>get internship
>at the end they offered me a job

If you're in college and not doing internships you're fucking stupid.
>>
Volunteered for several months and then applied when I heard they were doing interviews.
>>
>>25188651
Also if you're looking for more than a job rather than a career, don't be discouraged if you see "x months of experience" in the job listing. A lot of times that's just to pre-emptively filter out people who are the absolute bottom of the barrel and are willing to train new employees who have no experience.
>>
I just lied a bunch. First time I was honest and got passed up, I got it at the second place I applied at. It's easy, most people fail the drug test. If you can do that you're already two feet through the door.
>>
First job for me was at Mcdonald's.Just applied online and they are always hiring at least the one I was at.

2nd job, which I'm still at is Subway. Tried online application multiple times, never heard back. Finally got a paper application and actually went inside to turn it in and luckily the manager was there who looked over it and heard back a couple days later.
I would say if you can turn in a paper application, always do that over online and try to find a time when a manager is there who can look it over. I know it sucks to go inside, definitely if you have anxiety or something, but just do it. Outside of Subway, I also sent in apps online to retail stores and such who said they were hiring and I didn't hear back from any of them. Most of the online ones are not even seen by most companies I think I read.
>>
All of the jobs I have gotten were through recommendations and referrals. First job a professor asked if I was interested in research, second one was because my dad knew the head of HR. Now I am a NEET not getting any responses :(
>>
ITT: watch it die because all the "robots" are too busy responding to bait and meme threads to have actual conversation about supposed "robot" things.
Guess OP should say he or she is a fembot whether true or not.
>>
knew a guy who knew a guy. just luck, mostly. I'm in a small town so people have to take what they can get, and word got out that while I have no skills I'm at least kind of reliable and not a complete dick
>>
>>25188812
Mah Anxiety combined with my perfectionist self evaluation and lazy slacker outward attitude. Also I was too damn high at the time.
>>
>>25188651
went on indeed.com
and found a retail job

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>25188674
dont want to die in war ty

>>25188755
>>25189078
>>25189053
its nice if i had some contacts to but im not senpaitachi, ty anyways

>>25188868
ive done this but didnt work

>>25188955
based but here oneline work search didnt work

well i guess my feelings that my city and country work searching sistems are fuckd, and i really need to get the fuck out here some 1rst world country, im even dreaming about it (ty google earth and fuck you)
thanks anons
>>
craiglist
>>
Temp agencies work most of the time.
>>
File: Rebel Without A Cause, 1955.jpg (842 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Rebel Without A Cause, 1955.jpg
842 KB, 1024x768
got a cushy office job

my uncle made them hire me

my coworkers hated me

quit after three months
>>
dad told me about a job fair that he heard about. apply and interview same day. went in, filled out the application, and I guess I didn't spill my spaghetti in the interview. gonna be two years hired come this january.
>>
>>25188651
My current high paying job was through connections from my first one.

My first one was the result of being the only one to answer to an ad. I'm working both jobs since they involve computers and the first one doesn't have me do much of anything.
>>
>>25189728
sounds like the only option im looking now, i send mi cv to them last week
>>
I've had three jobs in my life. All from online.

Indeed
Craigslist
Snagajob

Highest paying job I had was 10.51 and currently I'm working a minimum wage job at 7.25. I'm on the hunt for a better job I'm tired of this low wage shit.
>>
>>25189875
What's your edu/qualifications?
>>
work online faggot

clickworker
mturk
>>
I applied on the state website, did the physical and didnt derp through the interview.

Then I went through the training academy and got the job. I get paid a lot to do fuck all though.
>>
I got this job by seeing a billboard on the freeway. I got my last job by seeing a sign while the restaurant was under construction.
It seems that while applying to every place you can think of online will net you an interview or two, you really need to drive around your town and see who's REALLY hiring(don't fall for Taco Bell/Del Taco's "We're hiring yearround!" bullshit)
>>
>>25191388
Still in school for my BS in a major unrelated to computers.

I self-taught myself programming mainly because I'm lazy and would rather have a computer do repetitive bullshit tasks.
>>
>>25188651
>be in school
>get hired flipping burgers as a temp and then another one in chinese food as a temp (not real Chinese) and then another in a mexican food place as a temp
>cousin is selling cutco to everyone they know
>total pyramid scheme cancer
>asks me to get involved
>I do
>i'm pretty successful
>get out in 2 months and put this on my resume
>get a job at a bookstore as a temp
Yep I can't find a steady place to stay
>>25188812
>internships
http://youtu.be/S35X8lGxGPI
>>
>>25188772
this, most jobs are given away through someone who knows someone.
>>25189728
listen to this faggot. most times you'll get a raise and benefits if you're not a total retard and they decide to hire you full-time.
>>25191398
what are you, a co? lol
>>
>3 years at vacation school
>welder

Only downside is my eyesight will be shit before I turn 40 and I work with people who are twice the age. Some are cool. Even went fishing with one of them.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.