[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /fasting/ here? Abstaining from food is an excellent way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 350x233
Who /fasting/ here?

Abstaining from food is an excellent way to cultivate discipline and break down mental barriers.

I just ate the last food I'm going to have tonight and now I will be fasting for 36 hours to help me gather my strength before dealing with family Christmas gatherings.
>>
>>25188433
Not to question capabilities, but wouldn't you be speaking too soon anon?
>>
File: 1268859867873.png (34 KB, 300x267) Image search: [Google]
1268859867873.png
34 KB, 300x267
>>25188433
>not eating food to "gather strength"
that's not how things work, anon.
>>
>>25188454
MENTAL strength. Mind over matter and all that.
>>
>>25188433
I need food since i work out pretty often
>>
>>25188469
That still doesn't make sense. Just east sensibly and exercise.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (41 KB, 620x330) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
41 KB, 620x330
> "Oh man. 'Humans evolved from monkeys. That's a good one." That was damned good"

> "OMG OMG what should we tell them next?"

> "Abstaining from food is an excellent way to cultivate discipline and break down mental barriers."

> "YA YA SAY THAT! put it in Google!"

Stop with the self improvement crap. We're done chasing shadows.
>>
>>25188433
>>25188496
>east sensibly and exercise.

Eating sensibly and exercising will do way more for your mental fortitude than starving yourself.
>>
>>25188469
you should also go for a long midnight walk in shorts and a singlet, no underwear.
you're not going to be drinking water for 36hrs too right? that wouldn't be lethal so it only seems like a logical addition.
finally, you should cut pictures of your choice into your skin, proving once and for all that you have mental superiority over your physical body.
the pictures you carve into your skin should read:
A U T I S T I C
U
T
I
S
T
I
C
>>
I fast frequently but it's only because I have AN, its fucking stupid and useless if you don't hate yourself.
>>
Fasting is fucking awesome.
I try to fast about a day a week, sometimes more, sometimes less- depending on how my body feels slash how often I'm tripping.
>>
>>25189814
Holy fuck
Top post m8
>>
im avoiding housemates
>>
I actually read somewhere that fasting helps with brain development, not like every day but about two days out of the week. It's closer to how our ancestors do it and creates a challenge in the brain which starts a process of killing off excess processes not befitting your body like white blood cells that are half defective. Could be bullshit but I'll give it a shot and find out myself.
I'll start the fast now my friend
>>
>>25188433
Do you just drink water? Do you take vitamins or anything?

Also, did you prep for this with shorter fasts?
>>
File: 655555555.png (31 KB, 464x348) Image search: [Google]
655555555.png
31 KB, 464x348
I'm gonna fast too

i want to do 3+ days but am afraid i wont be able to make it
>>
I've read that brief fasting. Like only 3 days, let's your digestive tract heal and your body to regulate itself. It lowers bp and blood sugars if you have high of either

I'm gonna try it
>>
>36 hours
>mental strength

LEL

come talk to me when you break 10 day kiddo, not eating for 1.5 days is a joke

longest i went was like 15 days i think
>>
>>25190717
ay papi pls fuck my asshole
>>
>>25188433
Just got off a 24 hour fast. Prayed to God during most of it and remembered the people I've wronged. Called them up and mended a few friendships.
>>
I didn't eat for 20 days and I saw God. It was a revelationary experience.
>>
>>25190605
Ice chips help if your hunger pangs kick in.
>>
>>25190783
You saw God or Jesus? What was it like? Did you become saved?
>>
>>25190783
Also nice pun with the revelationary phrase.
>>
i cant even fast for 12 hours
>>
>>25188569
>The "all I have in life is food and my computer" anon.
It's actually quite nice. You feel healthier and more at peace afterwards.
>>
Not eating is non healthy and dangerous on body
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 900x900
>tfw mom just bought high quality ice cream
>tfw for me a diet is all or nothing
>tfw no sweets for a month and abs are starting to show but I'm completely miserable

If I even have one taste of ice cream I will eat everything in my house
>>
>>25190912
Starvation mode doesn't kick in for at least 10 days, not eating for a week is going to make you grumpy and tired, but you will be fine. Iron deficiency is the only thing to watch for.
>>
File: 1353890790959.jpg (41 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1353890790959.jpg
41 KB, 500x333
>>25188433
hope everything goes well for you
>>
Are you supposed to take vitamin or other supplements during a fast???????
>>
File: chart.jpg (82 KB, 862x686) Image search: [Google]
chart.jpg
82 KB, 862x686
>>25190912
True. Your body begins breaking down proteins for energy but then switches metabolism so you don't go through tissue failure. If you refrain from eating too long, it fucks up your metabolism irreverisbly.
>>
>>25191023

Nah, fasting is no worse than binge drinking or eating.

Now a dry fast (no water) was hard for me.

No food is easy after day 2, I lasted about 5 days. Without water went roughly 4.

It gets weird without water.

A great experience and damn does real food taste good after that.

My first apple and broth were amazing.
>>
>>25191116
are you supposed to eat certain foods when you break your fast? i mean to ease your digestive system back to life gently
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.