[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retail Feels thread? How you guys holdin up this week? These
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 32
File: Retail-Employee-for-Blog[3].jpg (120 KB, 509x339) Image search: [Google]
Retail-Employee-for-Blog[3].jpg
120 KB, 509x339
Retail Feels thread?

How you guys holdin up this week? These 9 hour shifts are draining my soul.
>>
Come on guys, I want to vent a bit and share some feels.
>>
>Tfw when i work in a super market deli
>tfw customer says "one pound of turkey,shredded."
>>
>>25187577

I'm not a deli man, what's so bad about this? Is shredding a pound intensive?
>>
>tfw gotta work til 8pm Christmas Eve
>won't get home til 8:30 or later if traffic is bad
>tfw work 5AM to 5PM Boxing Day

Just kill me family.
>>
File: the banana stand.jpg (33 KB, 369x276) Image search: [Google]
the banana stand.jpg
33 KB, 369x276
>tfw 5 9-hour shifts this week
>>
File: 1398225952961.jpg (159 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
1398225952961.jpg
159 KB, 746x982
>All these last minute dumb fucks surprised shit's sold out

Holy shit, I'm trying REALLY HARD not to start insulting them. It gets harder every fucking time.
>>
>>25187615

I know that feel bro, it's day 3 for me. I feel like I'm just going to break down soon, I'm getting reliable headaches, my legs hurt even after I wake up.

This is not fucking worth minimum wage.
>>
>>25187606
Its the fact that middle aged white women want their meat cut pefectly and if you fuck up just a little bit they flip shit
>>
File: 1339132741401.jpg (68 KB, 803x606) Image search: [Google]
1339132741401.jpg
68 KB, 803x606
>>25187622
>mfw people who come in on Black Friday/Boxing Day at 5pm or later wondering why the door crashers are all sold out and then get fucking irate as fuck when we don't have any left
>>
>>25187639

B..but shredded implies...oh jesus fuck
>>
>tfw you hate your job, want so badly to quit, but you never went to college, and even if you did you don't know what to do with your life
This is how you will win my soul, Publix
>>
>FINAL REDUCTIONS 60% OFF FINAL REDUCTIONS FINAL FINAL
>"Are these going down any further?"
>>
MARqT
>>
>>25187644

>Huuuu-WHAAAAT it's sold out??!?

Followed by the typical

>Do you have any in the back

YES! WE DO! And we're keeping it their and holding out on everyone cause it'll be really fucking funny.

Where did this back of store wonderland meme even fucking come from, all that's there is broken shit, unreleased shit and empty cardboard boxes.
>>
>>25187439
I'm training, so I only get 7 hour shifts.
I'm off Christmas and the day after.
These cardboard boxes are fucking up my hands, family. My cuticles are so dry, even after lotion application, they're all on the verge of bleeding.
>>
>stares at cigarettes for 5 minutes while I stand there with growing impatience
>prices are right below them in bold
>"how much are your cigarettes?"

FUCK you and your shitty cancer sticks, you DUMB ASS motherfucker.
>>
>>25187781

Your hands get so fucking dry and it feels so nasty. I have to go to the bathroom JUST to wash my hands.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 200x133
>work at a steak n shake
>what do you want a drink
>a milk shake! Hahahaha
>ok what flavor
>a milk shake!

You know tho you DON'T HAVE TO GO OUT TO EAT AFTER SHOPPING FAT FUCKS STOP
>>
>tfw seasonal employees are soaking up your hours
>>
>>25187825

I don't get it. ORIGINAL COMMENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTsdfgg sgsdgf

LET ME FUCKING POST REEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1760129481.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1760129481.png
12 KB, 500x500
Who /Walmart/ here?
>mfw 13$ per hour next year for doing fuck all
>>
>>25187823
My hands are normally sweaty, so it's really weird for me.
The nice thing is that the big cans of tea are always on sale, so I get one cheap for my break.
>>
>Customer wants to find a toy with the most generic vague description possible
>Get's mad when you have no idea what they mean

How is this fair?
>>
>>25187868
What flavor do you want retard

You want me to guess

Cause I'll mix them all the fuck together fuck face
>>
>>25187908

Forgot to add they themselves don't fucking know the name or look of what they're asking for.
>>
>>25187925
just give them vanilla, god damn
>>
>Item won't scan
>Guess I get it for free XXDDDD

I thought this was just an internet joke
>>
>>25188072
most people say this because of just being nervous or awkward, it's small talk, they are just trying to be friendly, if you know what that word even means.
>>
File: 2352368132.png (8 KB, 409x258) Image search: [Google]
2352368132.png
8 KB, 409x258
>customer places single sharpie on the counter
>" Here's my gigantic purchase for today! hahaha :) "

DSFFFGFDSDF
>>
>>25187693

You guys don't keep extra shit in the back to restock your shelves periodically?
>>
>>25188167

Oh, it was the first time I heard it so I actually laughed, the XD's were to be funny/a dick

>>25188198

No, things are constantly brought out the keep the store looking "healthy" there is no "secret reserve" what you see is what we have ESPECIALLY on the holidays.
>>
>>25188198
Unless we are having a massive sale on somthing and know it will all sell out, the only things we have in the back are what we have to much of. Usually they are from an old sale that didn't go well.

We try to run everything we have in the back as much as posible, to get it out of the back and onto the shelf. So, for the most part, the only things we have in the back are the things that are full on the shelf, and usually don't sell well.
>>
File: 1335321314709.jpg (65 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1335321314709.jpg
65 KB, 320x287
>>25188198
>tfw have so much shit in the back that isn't going up because it's all new product and there isn't any place for it on the shelves
>tfw the new shit is mixed in with regular shit so I end up unboxing the same fucking thing multiple times a week
>tfw customer asks me for product that's buried in the pallet I'm unloading
>>
>>25188198
>>25188244
I should add, many of our Christmas baking items are kept in the back, because we have been selling so much. This time of year is one of the more rare times we might actually have things you want in the back.
>>
File: o.jpg (155 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
155 KB, 750x1000
>>25187908
Ink customers are the worst.

>What printer do you have?
>its a uhhh... hewlett-packard i think
>Okay, but which one?
>uhh... its white and it says "hp" on the top. photojet? smartink?

Meanwhile, our ink section for HP looks like this. Only one of these is gonna work with their printer. And yes, they do get pissed if we can't figure out which ink they need.
>>
>>25188217
>Oh, it was the first time I heard it
oh okay sorry for being a dick in my post
>>
>>25187439
>These 9 hour shifts
My usual shift is 12 hours, and sometimes I have to stay for two of them (so 24 hrs) because store is understaffed. Get on my level son.
>>
Is me? or more /r9k/ users have a job now?
>>
>>25188313

I don't want to get on that level, how are you not suicidal?
>>
>>25188198
when prices for an item are set super low for a special sale, shit sells out quickly, and restocking might take a few days or longer to re-order
>>
>>25188313
Oh yeah? Well, I somtimes have to stay for 48 hours! So there!
>>
>>25188318
student loan repayments begin on the 1st
first paycheck on the 31st
fucking kill me
>>
I used to be a Backroom Team Member at Target.

It was a nightmare.

Usual day:

>Arrive at work in a good mood
>"What's up Tony!" my old boss
>..."how's it going...I need you to backstock the freezer."
>again? Isn't that the freezer guy's job? You know I'm anemic right?
>"I want that whole freezer backstocked by the end of your shift."
>Continue the whole shift wandering around riding on scooters and listening to music, shift the backstock in the freezer around to make it look like I did something.

They never could do anything except keep asking me to do it. Sometimes I would just pretend I was sick and the ETL Executive Team Lead aka the main boss of the store would threaten to fire me.

eventually I put my two weeks in. My boss tony got all excited and nice to me when he found out and tried to socialize with me about my future plans. I just smiled and nodded and he asked me to do the backstock in the freezer on my last day.
>Sure, no problem, I'll be here.

I no called no showed my last day. My brother still worked at Target and told me he was furious and shouting about me for a week straight.

Felt so fucking good quitting that job.
>>
>>25188327
I plan on quitting somewhere in february, the job is hard as dicks, but pays surprisingly well, also I work mostly nights where I'm mostly left alone to merchandise the shelves with 5-6 customers per shift
>>
>>25188405

what's the pay?
>>
File: elf yourself.jpg (271 KB, 563x1000) Image search: [Google]
elf yourself.jpg
271 KB, 563x1000
I work at an Officemax, and I hate this company with a passion, but the store itself is fucking dead, so half of our shifts are just spent congregating to the center of the store and chatting about whatever. The people there are pretty cool too, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them were robots (I know at least 4 of them who browse 4chan). It's a total sausagefest, though - all but 2 of our associates are dudes.

The management is also pretty cool, I pulled pic related off last week and didn't catch any flak for it. One of the managers thought it was fucking hilarious.

Still, I hate being forced to push all the bullshit services and plans. Like the "Free PC Tune-up", which is really just a scanner that tells you that your brand new Celeron-powered laptop is "running slow" and "probably has malware".
>>
Where the fuck are the qts? All the cashiers are sheboons and only guys are on the floor.

What the fuck.
>>
>>25188497
Exact numbers probably won't mean much since I'm not american, but it goes between 6-8 of my country's minwages
>>
File: 1400053105496.jpg (106 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1400053105496.jpg
106 KB, 800x600
>>25188553
>mfw a qt working today asked me where the condensed milk is
>told her "I'm not sure"
>>
>>25188599

>Make qt laugh once
>Always looks at me when I pass her now

Cool.
>>
File: 1450638395800.jpg (68 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450638395800.jpg
68 KB, 500x375
I'm a pizza guy.
Drove through a blizzard, rain, and heavy fog today. Made 61 bucks in 5 hours though.
I enjoy it. Easiest $17/hr ever.
My back hurts and I have a 9 hour shift tomorrow, hopefully I will survive.
>>
One more 8.5 and then 4 days off
>>
>working in a seafood/meat sections
>most popular question is 'is it fresh?'
What kind of answer these people seriously expect?
>>
>>25188641

Doesn't sound that bad, how much does gas cut into that?
>>
just worked from 3pm to 11:15pm. a coworker and I are thinking about asking for raises around March. Staples ain't really the best thing out here, but I'll take what I can get
>>
>>25187622
>OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE THERES SO MANY PEOPLE HERE!! I THOUGHT I'D BE THE ONLY PERSON DOING LAST MINUTE SHOPPING
>>
File: 1449241012966.jpg (63 KB, 648x906) Image search: [Google]
1449241012966.jpg
63 KB, 648x906
>tfw 7 hour shift tomorrow
>>
>>25188553
There's a few qt waitresses where I work but I feel like if I tried to ask any of them out if they turned me down I'd be too ashamed to show my face
>>
>>25188657

If I'm not cut off after seasonal I think I might ask to get switched to AP, those psuedo security dudes get paid more than us just to stand their.
>>
>work in fast food
>been there for over a year
>good enough to do pretty much almost everything in the store
>want to be a manager
>the only thing stopping me from being one is using the cash register and talking to customers
>people who don't know how to do things i do are now being put on cash registers and being trained for management
Kill me.
I'm trying here, don't they see that?
All the work I put in. They'd honestly be on hard times without me if I quit, but fuck, I feel like killing myself here.
>>
>>25188649
Ha, I know that one.

"Can I get a Prime Rib?"

"Well, we have some Rib Roasts here that are much cheaper, Prime's $16/lb this year."

"No, I don't want the Roast, I want the Prime Rib."
>>
>>25188652
I get around 24 mpg, assuming a 6 mile round trip, gas is around $0.50 per delivery. I get 75 cents for compensation on each delivery, and 7.25/hr plus tips.
Maintenance costs on the car costs around the same as gas, and I have to risk my ass to get the pizza to people's houses.
Beats phone jobs, that's for sure.
>>
>>25188641
How do you like your job? Everyone I know tells me pizza delivery is a nightmare because if somebody fucks up the order, the customers always take it out on you. Which I find hard to believe, since most people with half a brain can figure that it's not the delivery guy's mistake.
>>
>>25188689
>>25188689
shit, you have security? I work in Office Supplies and we have people walk Ito our store trying to steal safes and printers. we need security

people always page me on the walkie to check out customers that are suspicious. I have yet to do a chase down. I honestly don't want to, but I see myself chasing guys out the store if it ever gets to that point.
>>
>>25188751

It's pseudo security, AP means asset protection, but open packages are found behind shit every single day, they also can't physically stop anyone, so they literally get paid to stand around.
>>
>>25188746
It's pretty fun.
I live in utah so all the mormies are nice.
As far as people getting mad goes, it isn't as bad as it is working retail. People may be pissed on the phone but they won't talk shit when you're on their doorstep, lel
>>
>>25188019
>REEEEEEEEE I WANTED SIDE BY SIDE VANOCOLATE
>>
>>25188785
just to clarify, you do work at Staples, right? if you feel like you're qualified to take the position then by all means go for it. when it comes to retail you'd honestly want the easiest/layed back job there is.

as a security guard you won't even have to engage with customers unless they ask you for little petty items. fuck, man.
>>
>>25188834

No, toys r us.
>>
>go grocery shopping every Wednesday around midnight
>nothing but unhappy fucks around my age stocking shelves and cleaning floors
>always a hassle grabbing everything I need, due to boxes everywhere and way too many employees
>don't mind though, because the only lanes open at midnight are the self checkout lanes, so I end up not paying for half of my shit
This continues for months, until
>last Wednesday, doing my thing, looking for some chicken breasts
>get what I need, ready to leave, realize there's an open register
>think to myself "fuck it, might as well make the cashier feel busy."
>get in line, make eye contact with the cashier
>it's an old white man, at least 75+
>has the friendliest, saddest smile I've ever seen
>doesn't even try to make small talk. I probably remind him of his antisocial grandson, so he's just trying to be friendly and keep me happy
>scans the items slowly, and lets out a tiny cough every other item
>Insists on bagging all of my items, even though I protest twice
>notices that the milk and eggnog I bought are on sale, informs me and saves me about $5
>after I pay, he wishes me a blessed holiday season and tells me to zip up my jacket because its cold outside
>get to car, start unloading groceries, and drive off
>it's been almost a week and I still can't shake the thought of that friendly old man, stuck wage slaving in his golden years
>realize that that is going to be me
>been sad as fuck since
>>
>>25188853
doesn't matter-- you should still go for AP. would you need a security license?
>>
>>25188942

Yeah I'm gonna go for it when seasonal ends, I'm not sure if I need a license that's a good point, I'll ask tomorrow.
>>
File: IMG_20150929_170034.jpg (424 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150929_170034.jpg
424 KB, 1080x1080
>be me
>be looking for jobs, find an ad for a new 5 Below opening up.
>store setup, sweet. Moving boxes, installing shelves, sweet
>nail interview, GM says if I do well enough I'll be hired on after the store opens
>fuckyeah.jpg
>never worked retail before, no clue the horror that awaits me
>2 weeks is over, the store opens
>I get first shift on the first day
>keep in mind, I really hate socializing with people except you guys
>I have resting bitch face like a motherfucker
>also long hair, scraggly beard
>"Remember, anon, always greet people with a smile if they come within 15 feet of you"
>Hate talking to people. Cannot force a natural smile
>the doors open, children everywhere and white moms looking for any excuse to talk to a manager
>thefirerises.tiff
>4 hours into the shift and I'm legit sweating with rage and have my first cig break
>smoke 3 in 15 minutes
>go back in and get pulled into a hamplanet's gravitational pull
>can't help but stare at the neck fupa this bitch has
>"How can I help you today, ma'am?"
>crooked forced smile is slipping from my face
>"DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY OTHER COLORS OF THESE FOLDERS? I NEED A PINK ONE FOR MY DAUGHTER"
>point to the section with pink zebra striped folders, seething internally
>"These are the only ones we have that are pink, ma'am."
>hamplanet emits a disgruntled noise from her ugly fucking cock holster
>leaves
>manager chews my ass for her leaving upset and not spending her SSI money in this faggot store
>stop the manager mid rant
>"Dude chill out. It's one customer."
>"HURR DURR CUSTOMERS MATTER FHDKSJCHR"
>Turn around, take my five below shirt off, had wife beater on underneath
>light cig in warehouse, throw shirt on the floor, walk out the shutter door and never come back
>mfw I realized I'd never work retail again
>>
>>25188995
>A Hipster Douchebag gets a Job: The Prequel
>>
So anyone actually working Christmas? I wonder what horrible business , other than chinese food, is open on Christmas. Horrible to have min wage workers be working on x mas.
>>
>>25189037
I'm living that NEET life now senpai
>hipster
Not really but okay
>douche bag
Definitely
>>
>>25188995
>I have resting bitch face like a motherfucker

Holy shit I AM this fucking feel. I realized a few of those girls smiling is not cause they were into me, but because I look like I'd tear them in half, and not sexually. I mean I would for some of them, but that's not what they're thinking.
>>
>>25189056
My store's closed but not the others in the district.
>>
Anyone else work at a restaurant? I'm a host at a longhorn steakhouse but I pretty much only ever bus tables because I don't do very good up front
>>
>>25189091
I feel you man. I do have a pretty good looking gf, tho, which is cool because I tend to put people off with my angryface
[Spoiler]Want to see pics? [/spoiler]
>>
>>25188285
>there are people incapable of just checking online what fucking cartridges their printer needs
>these people have jobs, and I don't

end me
>>
>>25189056
Movie theatres, Mcdonalds, Denny's, Walmart; those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. Oh and also a few gas stations.

>>25189084
>not a hipster
>black and white photo of you smoking a cigarette
>faggy golfers hat
>long hair
>beard
>pierced ears

Nobody is fooled. Also looks like you live in poverty, judging by the location
>>
>>25189056
I've heard working Christmas for most people is actually really enjoyable, so long as you get to spend some time of the day with your family. Main reason being people are super friendly because, you know, it's Christmas. Also, it's usually pretty dead for the same reason.
My dad worked for USPS for most of his life, and before he got married he would work any Christmas he could, and then rake in those extra tips and freshly baked cookies. A couple families even invited him in for some food. Naturally the load was extremely small so he had plenty of time to fuck around town and enjoy himself. While getting paid double time.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1431062428249.jpg (13 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1431062428249.jpg
13 KB, 480x480
>>25189133
God damn phone posting
>>
>>25187439
I like my retail job

8 years and going strong
>>
>>25189138
If a customer has enough information, I can easily just look up the right cartridge on my phone. But there are like 15 different cartridges for "Officejet" HP printers, so if they don't know any more than that, they're sol.
>>
>>25189150
Actually that's a 3000+sq/ft house on 7 acres of wooded property in rural indiana, try again family
>>
>>25189150
You're a tool for judging a person by their style. Everything is post-hipster nowadays anyways, no one trends a style unless they roll in gangs with each other.
>>
>>25187873
Do you work at Walgreens?
>>
>>25188995

>cock holster

Oh man that's a good one

Reminds me of when this happened.

>Stupid fat and short gargoyle mexican asks me the price of a barbie doll set
>Ring it up for her, comes to $49
>"Buh is sehs rie here 14.99"
>"Yeah, kids are always just putting things wherever they want so the labels are a little unreliable right now, if you want to be sure there's a price checker at the end of the aisle"
>She fucking repeats "But ih sehs 14.99" as if I didn't just fucking explain it to her
>Tell her what I said again
>Says "Wha shu I do den?"
>This blows me fucking mind, I go blank and auto reply "I don't know"
>This angers the little gargoyle
>Asks me to see a manager
>Say ok and take her to him
>She tells her horrible story and goes "Ih say 14.99, u have label that lie, it make me confuse"
>Manager looks at me and sees me death glaring this stupid fuck and smirks
>Tells her they'll price match it
>Creature looks at me and says "U need to fix the labels"
>Almost tell her to fuck off, but just walk away silently
>>
>>25189133
> I do have a pretty good looking gf
>Want to see pics?

Fucking normies, man. We're having a thread about WORKING RETAIL, and yet you've found a way to include a photo of yourself and brag about your gf. You don't belong
>>
>Work at steakhouse
>Go in at 6:30
>We close at 10 Christmas Eve
>Don't really have to do much besides chit chat with coworkers and seat people
>still gonna leave with $60 for the night

Not a server but it still feels ok man.

I don't know how the fuck yall can handle 9 hours on your feet.
>>
>>25189153

For some reason? It's dead cause people are fucking at home like how everyone should be. Stores open on Christmas is ridiculous.
>>
>>25189205
No, I work at a grocery store.
>>
>>25187871
/Sam'SClub/ here
>>
>>25189091
kek

When I worked at a grocery store I got transferred to be a Cashier since I was really friendly and god-tier at customer service, but my natural face I look fucking miserable so I would get significantly less customers at my til than the friendly qt girls and old ladies, even if I was at the most convenient till to go thru.
>>
>>25189236
I said "For the same reason", anon.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1444931287926.jpg (94 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1444931287926.jpg
94 KB, 1080x1080
>>25189194
Hey thanks fambo I appreciate that. I just wear whatever the fuck I like and take faggy B&W pictures because it looks nice. In return for your kind words in my defense, have some vidya tiddys
>>
>>25189150

I honestly thought that was just some reaction image, didn't even notice it was a pic of himself
>>
>>25189266

Oh shit, my bad.
>>
>>25189220
Well fug you no tiddy then peace
>>
>>25189278
Oh be Quiet it was nothing ;)
>>
File: ye.webm (289 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
ye.webm
289 KB, 650x400
>"Not ringing up, huh? I guess that means it's free!"
>>
>>25189225
Do you get tips where you work? I do pretty much the same thing and part of my pay comes from a cut of the tips and I'm not sure if that's a normal thing
>>
File: 1441819401408.png (23 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1441819401408.png
23 KB, 800x800
>>25189334

You really gonna do that here?
>>
>>25189220
Fucking this. Back to /soc/ >>25188995

I cant fucking wait for NYE, when this board will be nothing but robots.
>>
>>25189350
This is the worst cult I could imagine taking seriously, and I'm Christian
>>
>>25189348
yeah I get paid the same way

Servers end up with like $150-$200/night, hosts make like $40-60

that coupled with $5.03/hr
>>
File: rei.png (91 KB, 288x292) Image search: [Google]
rei.png
91 KB, 288x292
>in high school
>working as grocery store cashier
>college-age qt comes through lane
>Swans patch on her jacket
>FUCK
>"hey, n-nice patch"
>"Oh thanks, man!"
>shoot the shit about Swans
>"o-ok, have a nice day"
>big smile
>"You too!"

>never see her again
>>
File: 1405568836542.png (575 KB, 519x551) Image search: [Google]
1405568836542.png
575 KB, 519x551
>>25189347
>mfw I say this shit all the time when it happens only because I read these threads where people keep complaining about it all the time

Thanks r9k
>>
>>25189378
>Servers end up with like $150-$200/night

I could fucking live off of that, that's insane.

I guess you'd have to be pretty social though, some foot shuffling mumbling fucker from here ain't reeling in no big tips.

Oh and female.
>>
What's the best retail store to work at? Walmart, Stracks, Wiseway, Goodwill? Dollar Tree is awful.
>>
>>25189378

How could a robot possibly cope as a waiter? I tried becoming a bus boy but nobody's hiring.
>>
>>25189414
costco are fucking gods

healthcare, dental plan, $18/hr
>>
>>25189408
tbf, the best service I've ever had was from a male server at a red robin. Always brought us two baskets of fries when we were finished, left us pitchers of water, and even changed one of the channels to a football game we wanted to watch. There were five of us, and that guy got about $25 tip from each of us.

All I look for in a server is someone who gets me what I need before I ask for it.
>>
>>25189414
>Dollar Tree

Haven't worked at one, but I've only heard horror stories about working for dollar stores.
>>
it's not much better in retail for management.

I'm the first one called at any hint of trouble, half of my employees are worthless idiots, people assume I'm going to break every policy under the sun for them because "duh custumuh awways righ", and I am expected to perform the work of 3 people for what amounts to a marginally better paycheck. My job is fucking killing me.
>>
>>25189497

Most co workers have a mutual respect of managers that acknowledge this and become friends through understanding.

It's the high horse managers no one can fucking stomach
>>
>>25189497
>half of my employees are worthless idiots

Including you. Aside from corporate, higher ups are just as stupid as the underlings. It's seniority based when only the stupidest people can't find any other kind of work.
>>
>>25187622
But it's in your flyer
Last weeks flyer?
>>
>>25189408
It's really inconsistent though, and it's not easy work
>>
>>25189536
Truck's every 2 days, and we don't overstock. Come the first day of the ad AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
>>
>be me
>cashier at Kroger
>we have a new bagger who is deaf(I'm not even kidding)
>she's been there about about a couple of weeks
>I'm check and some asshole cuts into my line (there was at least two more people in my line already like its my fucking job to check him and only him out)
>what fucking ever
>we're halfway through his shit when he wants to tell the bagger that he wants it in paper bags
>she can't hear him of course,yet he's still screaming paper over and over
>me and the manager are screaming equally as loud at him to shut the fuck up
>finally a supervisor goes and helps her get the right bags
>I know how to sign paper now
Never wanted to deck a customer so badly
>>
>>25189526
believe it or not, I took this job on to get a break from my trade, but I am waiting to find a new crew to work with or a company that will pay me better, and until then, this keeps the landlord off my ass.

But you just know everything, don't you? everyone give a hand to the all-knowing robot with his immense knowledge of every circumstance that exists in the world. If only we could learn from his vast all-encompassing experience in everything.

idiot
>>
im literally counting the days till an armed holdup so that i can get myself killed
i have vivid dreams of it happening
i cant wait
>>
>>25187439
Are 9 hour shifts even legal?
I live in Ontario and my boss says they'll get into shit with the labor people if I work over 8 hour shifts, and I want to work as much as possible baka
>>
>>25189590
>being this offended

You know other managers you know in your heart that this is often true.
>>
>>25189567

He was making a joke anon.

>Do you have [item]
>No it's sold out
>But I saw some last week
>saw some last week
>last week
>last
>week
>LAST
>WEEK
>>
>>25189606
course its legal just need a different wage agreement. i do 4 10 hour days a week
>>
>>25189606

I dunno about the legality of if but it's a 9 hour shift with a 30 min break so it's technically 8:30, but fucking still.
>>
>stocker
>work 24 hours a week
>4 hour shifts
>knees in excruciating pain, feel tired and lethargic all the time
How do you guys do this shit full time?
>>
>ask old guy if I can help him
>help him find something
>it's right in front of where my boss/store owner is working the till (small store)
>starts a big long conversation about nothing
>talks my ear off for 20 minutes right in front of my boss
>nod and smile, don't know how to escape without being rude, barely contributing to the conversation
>"okay I'll let you get back to work, your boss is giving you the hairy eyeball, haha!"
>th-thanks old man

What am I supposed to do in that situation? The store was dead and there wasn't anything pressing I could use an excuse.
>>
>>25189639

knees in excruciating pain from 4 hours?

Sorry but you're weak or old as shit man.
>>
>>25189639
Just get used to it, I guess

I've been in retail for 5 years, one summer of which I had a second job at the same time that also required standing all day + repetitive motions and I would end up with 12-13 hour days. Buying comfy and supportive shoes is a 150% worthwhile investment.
>>
>>25189109
>family comes in with a kid
>table for three and a half hehehe
>grin the most insincere smile possible
>>
>working 4AM on new years day
there goes all my normie activities
>>
I try to look at it this way: people are fucking stupid. If you are smarter than they are, you have a moral obligation to help them, despite your frustration. To a point.

Like it or not, the role you play as a retail associate is actually pretty important, because the average consumer is an imbecile and they sincerely need you. They may treat you like shit, but they'd be lost without you, and if we all quit overnight, the entire economy and possibly society would come crashing to the floor.

We are the backbone of the country. and it's a backbone that is heavily used, abused, and overworked. I know it sucks, but somebody's gotta do this shit. May as well be good at it.
>>
>>25189621
Oh yeah, I get that one too. Always keep a fresh ad handy to show them. Funny thing is they never have the old ad with them. Sometimes they have the wrong store.
>>
File: 1431646369528.png (212 KB, 386x362) Image search: [Google]
1431646369528.png
212 KB, 386x362
I never understood the desire to murder another human being until I started working in a grocery store. I HOPE YOU GET FOOD POISONING YOU OLD BAG.
>>
>>25189585
Is the deaf girl cute?
>>
>>25189708
I feel the opposite, I work at a supermarket because I'm an imbecile who couldn't make it through college. Why should I get mad that someone who probably just did something meaningful can't find where the milk is? I practically live at the supermarket where as these people have actual fucking lives
>>
File: 1396578278760.jpg (156 KB, 447x560) Image search: [Google]
1396578278760.jpg
156 KB, 447x560
>>25189724
>Sometimes they have the wrong store.

>Customer shows me flyer from target
>We're in toys r us
>>
>>25189704
Every time

and those fucking kids always make such a mess
>>
>>25187439
What's up with that black guy's forehead?
>>
File: b.png (80 KB, 329x327) Image search: [Google]
b.png
80 KB, 329x327
is there any better feeling than when a customer is super pissed off at you about something, but then it turns out they're wrong, and you get to be super smug right back?
>>
>>25189751
Yep. One time I googled the deal they spoke of on my phone right in front of them, cleared my throat, and told them "We must've had it a week ago, but uhhh... Von's has it now."
>>
File: 1440381418025.jpg (32 KB, 540x561) Image search: [Google]
1440381418025.jpg
32 KB, 540x561
>work at cafe
>making a pot of coffee
>retard walks up
>start machine and walk to till
>"do you guys sell coffee?"
>mfw

>few hours later
>dumb Asian bitch walks up
>looks at menu
>"is the all day breakfast still available? "
>mfw
>>
>>25189744
We all have lives, anon. Every last one of us. It may not be the best life, but it's yours. If you're hating retail there are training programs out there for more interesting work. If you prefer the comfort of familiarity there's nothing wrong with that, but you should not feel inferior just because you didn't finish college. It is not a good gauge of intellect, it's a gauge of patience and financial stability. Some of the most important people in history came from nothing.

You don't have to be a nobody. You GET to. Don't pretend you have no choices. At the end of the day it's up to you whether or not your contributions to the world have worth.
>>
>>25189751
I work in a hardware store and people have come in with the flyer for other hardware stores fairly often.

They also tell me they saw something in our ad that has never, ever been at our store.
>>
>>25189826
You'll be a good president, Hillary. You make nice speeches. But I do agree with what you're saying. Life is what you make it.
>>
File: 1418019399624.png (96 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1418019399624.png
96 KB, 241x228
>working register today
>manager comes over and says he wants to show me a picture on his phone
>a giant rat got caught in one of the traps
>apparently we have a rat problem and I never knew

>later he calls me out on being a virgin but is nice about it
>says there's no shame in it and a few coworkers are too
>keep lying badly that I'm not
>he knows I'm a virgin but now I need to stick with my lie
>>
>>25189833
>They also tell me they saw something in our ad that has never, ever been at our store.

I've started challenging this, fuckers think they're going to play that shit, not with me.

>"Oh I saw that before here"
>Something we've never had before ever
>"Where did you see it, what aisle?"
>"Oh uhh, I don't remember it was awhile ago"

Yeah, you aren't pulling that bullshit with me, fuck right off with that noise.

Anyway, it's fucking amazing how many people are so fucking unaware of their surroundings. How many people aren't actually looking where they're going, and just walking. People leaving their carts RIGHT IN THE CENTER of walk ways, people stopping in front of ailes and just fucking standing there so no one can get in. Dumb fucking mexicans always losing their kids.

Shit man.
>>
>>25189892
The anger never helps. What helps me is a sense of superiority tbqh senpai
>>
>>25189849
I like how you jest, but I am sincere, I assure you.

being on the other side of a till doesn't make you any less human. It doesn't matter if your job is cleaning up puke, it's important, damn it. If it weren't, you wouldn't be able to do it for money.

Retail workers should be paid according to merit, if you ask me. I want to see a world where you are reviewed frequently, and your pay adjusted by your attitude. I want a world where trayquan and creepy dan make absolute shit money and their co-workers absorb the difference in their paychecks until the shitty workers wash out or shape up. I want a world where gossip and bias has no bearing on your promotions and compensation.

I have a dream.
>>
File: 1429567429455.png (61 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1429567429455.png
61 KB, 500x375
>old woman comes in wearing a Donald Trump pin
>compliment her on the pin and say I like Trump
>she asks if I want one
>she was carrying a baggy of home made cardboard cutout pins for Donald Trump and gives one to me
>>
>britfag
>stores are now charging 5p for carrier bags as a result of some legal policy to stop people littering
>asda (british equivalent of walmart) has took all of their bags off the self checkouts to stop people stealing them
>there are now bag ladies employed to hand out bags to customers
>i have to shop at morrisons now so that I don't spill my spaghetti all over the bag lady
>>
>>25189950
Sounds politically-minded, this dream. A lot of the Republican stance seems to be based on merit, actually, although politics can't demand private companies to manage jobs a certain way AFAIK. You should start a company, and really manage it intensively. A lot of hard workers really would act better about their jobs if they really received respect for it. Props.
>>
>>25189643
holy shit this happened to me all the time for years, still does.

i think its probably best to say 'excuse me, i don't want to be rude, but i need to blah blah bloah excuse...'
>>
>>25189194
>calls others tools
>proceeds to suck an edgelord's dick
Kek
>>
>>25190039
>not wearing a rucksack to go shopping
bags are for faggots anyway
>>
>>25189890
>but now I need to stick with my lie
oh fuck this is the worst.
>>
>>25190087
No need to get defensive. You may have noticed that I wasn't judging/defending him whatsoever, just chiding you for being so snap-judgmental.
>>
>>25190107
>at checkout
>have at least a dozen grocery items
>obviously don't have bag
>'Would you like a bag?"
Of course I want a fucking bag, I can't just carry all that shit in my arms
>>
>>25190127
>implying we're the same poster
>>
>>25190039

How exactly does charging extra for bags prevent littering? We're people throwing 5ps all about? Bongistan is almost as cucked as Canada.
>>
>>25190162
You carry the same mentality quite obv.
>>
>>25190039
I know this exact feel. I've walked out awkwardly carrying a weeks worth of food in my arms/pockets because I was too autistic to ask the qt girl for a bag
>>
>>25190065
man I'm telling you, the better a company treated me, the harder I worked for them. No shit. I went above and beyond in past jobs. In my current one, I could give a shit about much of anything. I will always work harder for those who acknowledge it.

I try to approach my role as a leader with that in mind. I never ask my crew to do anything I wouldn't do. I usually take on the worst duties, just so they know they are more than mindless lackeys to me. I don't like to get involved personally with any of them on any scale, but when it comes to work, I want to lead by example. It really does work if you can foster that kind of attitude among them, and I had one of the best stores in my district as a direct result of having a good crew, and I made damn sure they knew how important they were. I split my bonuses with them, because I know they weren't earned just from the sweat of my brow.

I just wish more people could be more mindful of their actions in this industry. In the right environment, you really can get ahead doing the right thing.

Another thing I find useful is training ad coaching my team, instead of berating them and running to the write-up forms for every problem. I'm interested in their betterment, not in coasting on their work.
>>
File: 1430776525488.png (135 KB, 483x442) Image search: [Google]
1430776525488.png
135 KB, 483x442
I think one of my coworkers is stalking me
>>
>>25190234
it's 1am and a green car just rolled past my house like 4 times blasting music and one time it honked
>>
>>25189799
This
I'm retail management, when the customer thinks calling me will overide what my staff just told them and I repeat what they just said...
>>
i work at lidl, have to work a 6 hour shift in 4 hours btw, and i hate it

>customers who have been in the store for a second and who ask me to bring them to what they are looking for

fucking look for a a minute or to, i have other shit to do

>customers who are in your way when stocking shelves

fucking look first what you want and then grab it, dont spend 5 hours in front of the products just to have me "rudely" ask you to fuck off elsewhere

>customers who come in and tell me they are looking for something and give me the name of the product, instead of telling me what it is so i can tell them where to look

>customers who come in looking for some fancy name wine and cant find it and then make me look for them, wasting time

look yourself you fucks, youre doing the shopping, not me

>customers who get mad when i tell them i dont know when specific products will return

im stocking shelves, not even the manager knows it sometimes

only thing that still is annoying but i let happen is qt coworkers who think theyre tricking me into doing their job (disgusting shit like cleaning the scrubber) its nice to see them "seduce" me, makes me feel good

i hope i didnt forget anything
>>
>>25190178
people were littering bags, apparently
the idea was that if you spend 5p on a bag, you're less likely to throw it on the ground when you're done with it
yes this country is that much of a shithole
>>
>>25190178
He's wrong, it was to reduce waste and be more environmentally friendly
>>
>>25188405
yeeeah I woud just do drugs all night. nothin but time, sounds like a dream.
>>
>>25187439
>robots
>working at a job that requires daily human interaction

sorry to break it to your but you're a cyborg at best
>>
>>25190228
>split your bonus

Man you're a saint, my boss is a crook who exploits our high sales by scheduling like 100 hours short every week for the total dept hours just to pad his bonus every year. Less money for us, less productivity, worse morale, and more money for him to be able to take 12 vacations a year.

I wanna work for you.
>>
>>25188336
YEAH? Well I work from home, so I NEVER LEAVE WORK
>>
>Working in produce department
>Mom comes shopping at store
>Flesh golem interrupts us while we're talking
>"Do you have any blood oranges?"
>I check the shelf, sure enough we're out
>"Let me go check our cooler, we might have not rotated them in yet"
>Due to how chaotic the truck schedule is, sometimes stuff doesn't get put out before the manager leaves
>Of course, there are none in the back though
>"Ma'am, I'm sorry we didn't get any in. I'll let my manager know when I see him tomorrow"
>Hambeast interrupts me
>"You should just kill yourself"
>Starts yelling and just walks away

She later walked by while I was on break with my mom down by the medicine while she was shopping, and started yelling more about how the store never had anything in stock and we just laughed at her. I have no control over ordering shit you stupid cow.
>>
File: community_image_1428031605.jpg (421 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1428031605.jpg
421 KB, 720x576
>I always have to do the store reset after holidays/big sales
>I have to get up at 4 fucking AM the day after Christmas and work a 9 hour shift cleaning the store

>mfw my manager knows I hate this
>mfw I get put on this shift every single time
>mfw every single holiday through the entire year is spent either working until midnight, or getting up at 4 AM
>mfw another co-worker VOLUNTEERED to do it and he told her no and scheduled me
>mfw my manager makes fun of me every time he tells me I'm working that shift
>mfw he has the gall to ask how I'm doing with a dumb grin on his face after I've been in the store for 6 hours and it's only 11 AM

I hate this so much. 2 years of this shit is making me homicidal
>>
>>25188380
Almost got that job but they chose someone else, I guess I got lucky. was the pay worth the manual labour though? Like ignoring prick bosses that is.
>>
>tfw I'm rude to customers on a regular basis but they never complain

Don't ask me about cashier shit or to help you get shoes from the back; I wasn't trained in either so either take my advice or I'm going to walk away from you :^)
>>
>>25188995
>yea dude like
>dude i smoked and
>i have long hair and cant do basic grooming
>and i smoked
>customers actually made me do my job omg
>i cant belive there are different people
>i smoked and quit
>>
>>25190312
>>25190312
>my boss is a crook who exploits our high sales by scheduling like 100 hours short every week for the total dept hours just to pad his bonus every year. Less money for us, less productivity, worse morale, and more money for him to be able to take 12 vacations a year.

this guy's an idiot. It will come crashing down eventually. That shit is not sustainable. That's like building a house of cards next to a fan. I could go with his method, see a marginal profit over a short term, or I could just do the right thing, and treat my team like people, and see a promotion, or at the very least know that I am not making someone's life hell deliberately.

Granted, everyone's cut of my bonus are very small, but it's an even split, and the gesture is more important. I am not in such dire financial straights that I need to have a bonus, and my wife isn't a gold digging bitch, so I think of it as an investment in morale. There are ingrates who complain about getting an extra bit of change in their paychecks, but instead of getting mad at them, I just try to explain it. "I'm not giving anyone a bigger cut, we all get the same. that was $70 more than you would have had otherwise."
>>
>>25189398
you've told this story before
>>
>>25190444
The only thing that would end us would be a drop in sales and I work for the most competitive mid-tier grocery store in the U.S., so losing business to a new store is opposite of likely.
>>
>>25190495
trust me, he will go down eventually. Those kind always do.
>>
>>25188891
Some old people do jobs like that if the are bored of sitting at home watching tv
>>
>>25189756
Shit man. There was a kid who puked once. One of my managers goes "10 bucks if you lick it"
My immediate response was "Only if you like my puke when I'm done and I get the night off"
He was the only cool fucker there man. Everyone else sucked.
>>
>>25190552
>people are so bored they willingly become a wageslave
>they would rather work a thankless job than learn a skill or take up a new hobby or any number of possible things to do with free time

Kill me if I ever do this.
>>
>>25189957
post pics faggit
>>
>>25190668

I think it's only women and old people who do that. We grew up with books and computers so we have more hobbies and projects than we have time left alive.

Some people really aren't people and need to be told how to spend their day. They'll stare at a wall all day because they literally can't comprehend doing something of their own volition.
>>
>>25190252
go outside and stand in the middle of the road with your head pressed to your shoulder
>>
>>25190668
This.

When my mum and dad retired, my dad went out to his cabin innawoods to fuckabout with shit out there. My mum picked up work for a friend's son as an accountant for a few months to cover a maternity leave for him.

When it was done, she bought a portable lumber mill. A portable fucking LUMBER MILL. She spends a few hours a day cutting up trees into boards and beams for people around town who don't want to pay lumber yard prices.

Bitch is 60-fucking-3, and became a lumberjill for 'something to do'.

No wonder I am so fucking unhappy with my life. 33 and forever a directionless wageslave...
>>
working at McDonald's on Christmas eve and Boxing Day, both opening shifts (5:30-2)
>>
>>25189056
>So anyone actually working Christmas?
anyone who doesnt have a christian boss is working on xmas
>>
>>25190472
stop following me dweeb
>>
>work 6 back to back 8hr shifts next week
Just kuk my shit up to be sincere
>>
>>25189606
dont know but i do 6 11 hour shifts a week
>>
>Work for a cellphone provider
>Manning the store alone on a slow morning when a Puerto Rican guy comes in asking me to help him with some issue he was having with his phone; fix it right away
>He gets to talking about his family and life back in PR. Says me he moved here after meeting his wife
>Tells me about some of his funny/embarrassing moments getting used to our version of Spanish (Mexican)
>The conversation starts to get a little sad when he starts telling me about his difficulty learning English
>He's self-conscious about not knowing English very well and feels it's what's keeping him from getting a job
>Show him the app Duolingo; he gets excited, but I secretly doubt it'll be of much help

>Around five months pass and he stops by the store again a week or two ago
>Tells me he got really into the app and that it's helped him a lot
>With a big smile he tells me he even found a job as a dispatcher for some warehouse
>Shakes my hand and gives me a heartfelt thank you

First time I've felt like I helped someone with something real.
>>
>>25191537
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COUNTRY BEANER SCUM!!!!
>>
File: TK1.png (47 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
TK1.png
47 KB, 184x184
>>25187622
I had this all year last Christmas Eve, was working my night shift and every 5 minutes a customer frantically pleads "Do you have any pastry left?"

started of fine, got annoying, then I just began laughing at all the dumb desperate fuckers. Hilarious.
>>
>tfw worked retail for 2 years
>work fast food now

I would kill to switch back to retail right now. Fast food is like black friday, everyday.
>>
>>25191556
Beaners were there first, fuccboi.
>>
>>25191640
Beaners didn't have modern economies here first fuck tard
>>
>>25191556
Nah, senpai. I like it here.
>>
>work as a bartender in some student bar
>colleagues are true barbros, owner is maxbro
>we have a bell
>group of students come in, beer and wine ordered, having a good time
>the bell is ready
>evening progresses, student group getting hammered
>they want more
>"sorry, but in order to get more, you need to ring the bell"
>it's happening
>students all shout "DO IT ANON!"
>the dude grabs the bell by the copper, and slams his head against it, creating a hell of a weird gong noice
>the pope would've been proud
>dude collapses on the floor after initial impact
>barbro's sides are ruined forever
>bell ring = free round for all
>end up having a profitable night
>students had to pay $741 bill
>didn't know that when the bell is rung, they pay for it
>end up going home shit poor because of their naivete
>only got a verbal warning and a mild chuckle from ownerbro not to do it again
kek
>>
>"Do you know the deals for Black Friday/Boxing day yet"
>"No not until the night before or morning of most likely"
>"I want to speak to your manager you call this customer service?"
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.