[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Excerpt from American Atheists website. "...only through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: AmericanAtheistsLogo.png (6 KB, 216x211) Image search: [Google]
AmericanAtheistsLogo.png
6 KB, 216x211
Excerpt from American Atheists website.
"...only through the use of scientific analysis and free, open inquiry can humankind reach out for a better life."
>Do atheists really think they are the only ones capable of scientific achievement?
>Are there leading atheists accomplishing anything useful in scientific fields?
>Do they think people will ever stop being shitty even if religion didn't exist?
>>
>>25186236
Everything needs a counterbalance.
>>
>>25186236
None of your questions are implied by the quote you gave.
>>
>>25186266
Clearly it's implied you fuckwit.
>>
Atheists are usually the lowest strata of the intellectual community i.e. the ones that have no fucking clue what they're talking about and are just as, if not less smarter than the average person. Most higher intellectuals are either slightly religious, or agnostic and couldnt care less if someone was religious or not.
>>
>>25186236
>their faces when the father of modern genetic theory of inheritance was a Christian monk
>their faces when Charles Darwin once said "Science has nothing to do with Christ, except insofar as the habit of scientific research makes a man cautious in admitting evidence."

Why do they still buy into the science v. religion dichotomy, especially when it was started by fundamentalists?
>>
>>25186509
Good, question, science and religion easily co-exist.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.