[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >been playing piano since 4 yrs old >"oh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: piano.jpg (20 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
piano.jpg
20 KB, 350x263
>be me
>been playing piano since 4 yrs old
>"oh anon, you're so talented!"
>everybody knows me as piano guy
>"oh you should see him play"
>tfw nobody actually knows me
>nobody knows who i am
>never have actual conversations
>social anxiety
>nobody will ever know me as anything more
>>
Do you have a necktie that looks like a keyboard?
>>
What kind of music do you play?
>>
Piano is the best robot instrument, you can certainly feel someone is sad by his play.
I want to learn it, if I ever got the will to learn a instrument
>>
And you probably arent even that good either

I know the pain
>>
>>25185731
>he doesn't play the alpha acoustic guitar
pianofags pls go
>>
At least you have a certain talent/skill. Tfw nothing
>>
File: 2131233443287345.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2131233443287345.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
BILL, I BELIEVE THIS IS KILLING ME
>>
Are you somewhat of a celebrity at the local piano bar?
>>
>that guy who played river flows in you on piano
>that guy who played wonderwall on guitar
>>
>>25185731
i'm kind of the same but with guitar instead. been playing for like 16 years

i actually play in cover bands out live in bars and stuff, even though when i play i'm in almost a constant state of anxiety. i need to drink before i play to calm myself down a bit. it's good fun though if the band is tight, you kind of ignore the audience after a while and just play
>>
>>25185798
no

>>25185828
classical/jazz

>>25185858
im not

>>25185956
nah, i used to play at one but i dont have a rep there
>>
>>25185920
I laughed. Thank you.
>>
>>25185731
That's why you don't mention it unless necessary. Unless you actually like the attention
>>
>playing piano off and on since 5
>still shit at sight reading

Kill me
>>
>>25186350
that's the worst part, i never try to mention it

people just ask me about it
>>
>>25185731
>"play" since 8
>still mediocre-bad
>can't get myself to practice hard everyday
>will never get good because I am not 8 YO anymore
>will never be able to play my favorite classical pieces
>just play vidya music sometimes
Godspeed OP
>>
>>25185731
>will never be able to play my favourite classical pieces
>people ask me to play something and when I play jazz they just end up getting bored
>everyone expects me to smoke weed
>fedora faggots always come up to me and try to talk about their favourite metal band (which most of the time isnt even good)
>not respected as a musician
At least you don't play Guitar OP
>>
>>25186572

What's atheism got to do with metal? That's as silly as Christian rap.
>>
>>25186606
Not him but fedoras are pretty edgy so they listen to edgy metal?
>>
>>25186606
>What's atheism got to do with metal?
Oh please. Have you ever actually read metal lyrics? Have you ever actually met a metalhead? They're mostly feel-the-bern insufferable faggots who shit on Christians 24/7
>>
>>25186385
Sight reading, as is also the case with perfect pitch, is but a meme
>>
Trust me, being known as "the piano guy" is much better than not being known at all.
>>
>>25186475
Forgot to say that normalfags say that I am talented and good and that makes me butthurt because it's not true and never will be.
>>
File: 1443556113683.png (158 KB, 831x826) Image search: [Google]
1443556113683.png
158 KB, 831x826
>>25185731
>tfw nobody cares that you play rachmaninoff because all anybody wants to hear is pop song covers
>>
>>25186782
Can you play link related? It would make my day if you voca'd yourself playing it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQw3DvqEbxI

Also check out Scriabin and Prokofiev if you don't already know them
>>
Is your name Alex per chance?
>>
>>25186665

>100% confirmed for shit talking idiot who has barely met any metalheads
>>
File: 1446426238017.jpg (59 KB, 572x623) Image search: [Google]
1446426238017.jpg
59 KB, 572x623
>>25186819
this sounds pretty great but what the fuck are these alien runes
>>
>>25186876
>>25186876
You're just further proving my point senpai
>>
>>25186665
>Tfw you like progressive metal but everyone clumps it in the same tier as slipknot

Being a metal fan is suffering.
>>
>>25185731
At least you have the skills to play a piano

>tfw so shit at the piano my teacher told me to give up and I haven't touched it since
>>
>>25185731
Feel it again, Sam.
>>
>>25186819
Maybe in another thread some other day sempai. Right now I got his prelude in g minor and Chopin's fantasie impromptu under my belt and when I get tired of those I'll learn something else
>>
>>25185731
make music with me, we can make it big
>>
trust me, it's better than being known as the rapist guy. my mom hired an expensive lawyer and they couldn't really prove it was rape (it was eventually classed as sexual assault). dodged 4 years in prison. fucking love my country.
>>
>>25187015
Greentxt now
>>
>>25186928
IKTF senpai
It's hard when you like harsh vocals,everyone thinks you're a satanist fag
>>
>>25186921
You're retarded. There's tons of metal bands that pander to religionfags at least subtly, and the current generation of religionfags have been also exposed to metal enough to make their own "christian metal" bands.

I don't even pay attention to lyrics anymore. Either they are edgy or goody-two-shoes shit I can't relate with, so I just think of the voice as another instrument without any words coming through. Which means I end up listening to stuff from both ends of the spectrum without even noticing unless someone points it out.

>>25186819
>Can play Rachmaninoff
>You think there's a chance he hasn't heard of Prokofiev
Academic music has a certain educational structure. It's like telling someone who plays Khatchaturian about Debussy, or someone who plays Haydn about Mozart. That being said, good taste.
>>
Pianofags,Hanons will bore me to death but they help ,right?
>>
>>25187120
As long as you play them with intentions of actually strengthening your fingers and not rushing through as fast as you can
>>
>>25185731
HE SAYS SON CAN YOU PLAY ME A MELODY
IM NOT REALLY SURE HOW IT GOES
BUT ITS SAD
AND ITS SWEET
AND I KNEW IT COMPLETE
WHENI WORE ANOTHER MANS CLOTHES
>>
>>25187088
A lot of the lyrics are even pretty robot tier too.
>>
>>25187120
It's not essential. It's just stuff for your technique, but it won't help everyone as much, and it's not much help depending on the piece you want to play. Unless you know what you're doing, it's entry tier at best.

If you really want to work on your technique, try actual etudes made for that. A big part of what a good piano teacher does is choose the right stuff for you to learn to play. Some things which are your actual show-off stuff, and others that helps your technique so you will be able to play them. It's been years since I last played the piano, so I don't really recall anything you could use, but I think I recall Czerny being the one with the most etudes, and Chopin for when you've gotten somewhat good at piano.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89tude
>>
>>>25186921
>I don't even pay attention to lyrics anymore.
Same. This is way I like Frank Zappa while my friends (and part of /mu/) can't stand him
>>
File: frog meme gun.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
frog meme gun.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>25185731
>tfw dream of becoming a music producer and musician
>too dumb to learn musical theory or even read sheet music
>too lazy to practice playing

I used to believe I was a musical genius too, I played when I was a kid but that was decades ago
>>
File: 1450410566313.png (113 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
1450410566313.png
113 KB, 375x360
>>25187214
it actually goes
WHEN I WORE A YOUNGER MAN'S CLOTHES
>>
>>25187346
Shit I fucked up, obviously meant for >>25187108
>>
>>25187369
the basics of music theory are not difficult and i learned how to read sheet music when i was 7, along with every other kid who played an instrument in school
>>
>>25187408
>i learned how to read sheet music when i was 7, along with every other kid who played an instrument in school

me too senpai, and once I stopped playing in my 2nd to last year of high school apparently all that knowledge was flushed right out of my head.

I used to play the piano, violin, guitar and flute and apparently all that's been replaced with knowledge of video games or something.
>>
>>25186731
Lies! They both can be developed with practice. A whole different thing is that some people are naturally good at it and require less effort to get better.
>>
>>25187369
Some people can learn a language from the comfort of their homes. Others need a teacher. Not being able to read music probably has nothing to do with how smart you are. Just that you need structured and dedicated teaching. It's honestly not that difficult. Basically, each dot correlates to a single key, and you can find out about which one it is by comparing its position in the staff to the clef and the accidentals. Everything else just comes with effort and practice.
>>
>>25185731
sing me a song you're the piano man

sing me a sad song tonight

We're all in the mood for a melody
>>
>>25185731
I wish I was known as the piano guy instead of this fake persona known as me.
>>
>>25186782
Fuck that
I hate it when people say "I can play piano" and then play the stupid same 4 chords over and over again pop shit

Play real music
>>
I play piano, but it takes me forever to learn a song.

It takes me so long that when I gethalf way through it, I get really tired of the song and drop it.

Right now i am trying to learn Bach's Sinfonia in C major

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHUs-o4KVdQ
>>
File: 1440546807070.png (7 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1440546807070.png
7 KB, 500x500
>learn to play piano and guitar as a kid
>play some shows
>satisfied, stop playing
>>
>>25187983
i feel like i should record some black metal before I end my shit though
>>
>>25187534
thanks senpai, I have the same problem with "I don't need to join a gym I have these weights and a bike at home" and of course don't work out. Same with other things that I learned or didn't learn.
>>
File: 1445471543928.jpg (33 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
1445471543928.jpg
33 KB, 530x444
>>25185911
Feels good man.
no it doesn't why can't i have interests everything hurts so much
>>
>>25187108
I'm not talking about the bands themselves you memer I'm talking about the fans of the music itself.

Also what is you fav Scriabin Sonata? Sonata 8 and 7 resonate with me a lot.
>>
>>25185896
>2015
>playing acoustic guitar
>not playing electric guitar or drums and getting all of the wet pussies
>>
>>25185920
AS THE SMILE RAN AWAY FROM HIS FACE
>>
>>25185731
If you can used it to get laid than you are just a human waste
>>
sing us a song then piano guy
>>
>>25186127
Do you know anything by Beethoven?
>>
>>25185731
On the contrary:
>tfw know many musicians
>want to get to know them
>want to be good friends with them
>too afraid that they will think I'm a loser because I'm not a musician
>will never be true friends with a talented musician
>>
>try to compose
>most of the time nothing will come out
>occasionally sketch out a small melody/harmony
>eventually these sketches begin to coalesce and I integrate them into larger structural plans
>one day, sit down and write pretty much the whole piece in a day
>don't really make corrections after the first draft, don't seem to know how
>makes me think my pieces are disjointed and clunky but I can't tell for sure
I wrote 2 movements of a string quartet this way. Wrote 1 in September and 1 in October. Told myself I would finish it by the end of the year but I've failed to be sufficiently creative. Dvorak wrote his cello concerto in 3 months and I can't finish a quartet in 4.
Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>25192341
>tfw you killed the thread
>>
>>25192275
you could start playing an instrument though
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.