[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christmas Feels Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (417 KB, 1420x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
417 KB, 1420x1136
>tfw mother kicked me out a few months ago for contracting gay
>tfw living with gfs family
>tfw when accidentally glanced at a message while gf was chatting with her ex
>gf still tells her 'love you'
>tfw looking forward to working all day on Christmas
>tfw failing a class after gfs mom made a post on her fb about how much grit I had for making straight a's despite my world practically falling apart
>tfw looking forward to working all day on Christmas
>but still off on Christmas Eve when gfs family gets together to start opening gifts
>tfw they bought me something and I can't afford to get them anything but a small set of hand towels I picked up from Ross

Are there any places I could go on Christmas Eve in Texas for really cheap? I have a car in case there are any places I could park so I could sleep in it for the night
>>
File: 20151215_141014.png (1005 KB, 2396x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151215_141014.png
1005 KB, 2396x1920
This is legit my favourite game ever
>tfw you will never have 10+ cats in your backyard
>>
>Are there any places I could go on Christmas Eve in Texas for really cheap?
They took you in like a daughter just because you're fingerblasting their kid.
Show up to Christmas, be grateful and make yourself useful by cooking and cleaning up.
>>
File: hqdefault-5.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-5.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>25185361
>tfw I do have a fucking colony of 20 feral cats that lives in my garage/backyard

They're cool tho I guess
>>
>>25185473
I could clean up, but I'm really not a good cook. I don't even go in their kitchen very often and I eat at work because I feel too guilty about burdening them like this

I'm too nervous about being there and invading their family, I just kind of want to figure out a way to avoid it. Would it really make me seem ungrateful? I thought maybe I could just tell them I was spending Christmas Eve at a friends house or something
>>
>>25185079
Where do you live in Texas?
>>
>>25185545
It sounds to me, with the mom gushing about you on facebook and their letting you live there, that they really like you.
You make their daughter happy.
They almost certainly want you around to celebrate with.
Just do the dishes, everybody hates doing the dishes and appreciates somebody else taking up the task.
>>
>>25185079
Near Houston? You can spend the night with me babe
>>
>>25185576
In Houston, northern area

>>25185647
I could definitely do that, cleaning up actually sounds great because it's a task I don't mind, it's just the whole being there part. I'm kind of shy and I didn't even spend very much time with my own family so I'm really not good in social situations. I really do think they're a wonderful family and I greatly appreciate them, but it feels wrong being there on such a big holiday. If anything, I'd prefer spending it by myself, too
>>
>>25185805
In conroe, meet me on Thursday night
>>
>>25185805
Escape to your gf's room when it gets overwhelming.
That's also why cleanup is a good idea because that will be time to be alone and catch your breath.

If you want to spend it by yourself, that's your choice and perfectly acceptable too.
>>
>>25185861
I'm not really trying to go to anyones home or anything like that, but if there are cheap hotels/hostels open, that would be cool. There aren't too many places near me that I can afford with room during that night but I figure there might be someplace I could go to in Houston since I have to drive out there anyway
>>
>>25185906
If I can't figure anything else out, I might give it a go. I just don't want to burden them or anything during something so important to them, I feel like it'd be best for everyone if I found some place to go

I really appreciate the advice, anon.
>>
>>25185938
Your biggest problem is not knowing what to do when people do nice things for you?

Fuck even lesbians have easy mode, why are they always angry?
>>
>>25186095
I'm not angry, going to someone's home off of an anonymous image board just doesn't sound too safe. I don't want to ruin someone else's holidays, either. I'm just sort of looking for someplace to go where I can just hang out until it passes over
>>
Thrift stores are great sources of cheap gifts because you will end up with something unique and thoughtful. They are not, however, good for last-minute shopping because the odds of the right thing for the right person being in a particular thrift store at a particular time is low. You need to go semi-regularly and browse around.

>got my gf a journal still wrapped in cellophane for $2
>got my sister some Sailor Moon VHS tapes for 50c each because she used to own it on tape as a kid
>got my dad Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie for $3. Cover is a little bent but he won't care
>got my roommate a book about gardening feng shui because dude loves to garden
>>
>>25186095
>why are they always angry
I'm angry because I'm closeted and my oneitus is dead.
>>
Let them know you wish you could have gotten them some gifts but just can't afford it right now.

Help with cooking, do the dishes, and be very active in the cleanup after the xmas party.

Write them a heartfelt card thanking them for all the support (particularly your gf's mom who seems to be a big fan of yours)

After xmas, talk to your gf about how you are uncomfortable with her telling her ex "i love you." Don't be accusatory, but share how it makes you feel.
>>
>>25185528
>hear screaming outside
>go to the window thinking someone is in distress
>neighbour's 6 yo neighbour is running and trying to fend off a pack of stray cats as they attack her from a fence
>lol and watch through the curtains but do nothing to intervene
was a great day
>>
>>25185361
What game senpai

Orignale
>>
>>25186393
CatYard
>>
File: mew.jpg (24 KB, 510x427) Image search: [Google]
mew.jpg
24 KB, 510x427
>>25186427
Thanks senpai

Here's a cat
>>
>>25185079
Walmart lets you park in there parking lots overnight. They won't call cops or a tow truck.
>>
>>25186292
I got them a set of hand towels because of the frequent complaints about wiping wet hands on their pants, but I'm going to try to make a good card and help out and all

I don't want to sound like I really don't like being around them, it's just a little uncomfortable still. I didn't expect to ever be kicked out by my family because I thought they wouldn't mind and I feel guilty about being here all of the time and figure that leaving for a couple of days might be nice
>>
File: 2015-12-22 23.06.13.jpg (2 MB, 1439x1888) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-22 23.06.13.jpg
2 MB, 1439x1888
>>25185528
I guess mine aren't really feral. I let one in occasionally. They're all pretty nice. I looked outside once and saw a fat girl that was walking by being rub raped by my gang of black cats and she was petting them back (like half of them are huge black cats and they're sweet cats too)

Pic related is one of them right now
>>
>>25186292
>talk to your gf
We've already talked about it once, but I don't want to make her feel bad by bringing it up or anything. It's mostly my own insecurities that make it a problem in the first place. She says she loves me, too, but I still worry that maybe she'd be back with her by now if it weren't for the fact that I was living with her
>>
>>25186622
>>25186352
Meant to quote you not myself I'm fucking dumb
>>
>>25185647
This is decent advise. If you like the chick you should certainly show up and be active. Those types of get togethers are awkward for nearly everyone on this board. Just keep your head down and do the dishes. Day will pass and its all good.
>>
just get them some booze, cheap and everyone likes alcohol.
i dread christmas because n33t, so every year is the same probably disappointed family that see i still don't have a job.

i just went to liquor store and a hot girl touched my butt, i'll just think it wasn't an accident to feel better lol
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.