[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one achieve the most shut-in friendly profession of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1423274490806.png (386 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
1423274490806.png
386 KB, 387x580
How does one achieve the most shut-in friendly profession of night time security?
>>
Get your guard card and apply to a company around you, most places will take any warm body they can but be prepared to work shitty places, your post can be anywhere they have a contract
I've done from hospitals to parking lots and anywhere in between, currently I've been at a movie studio, really lucked out with this one and it's permanent as long as our company has the contract

Also fuck securitas
>>
Just go apply. Really, that's it. I was hired on the spot.
>>
>>25184950
What's a gaurd card? What do you mean by company?

I live in the country so this is my greatest obstacle.

>>25184960
Where'd you apply?
>>
>>25184869
im looking for the same, op
good luck m8
>>
>>25185007
The guard card is a security guard license you need to work and there are also different levels which dictate what you can carry on the job ie armed or unarmed guard
Look up your state's licensing requirements and class fees and where to take one
And the company would just be whatever security contractor is nearest to you
>>
>>25184960
A place called Statewide. I'm from Texas.
>>
>>25185127
>>25185138
Interesting. Thanks.

What's a normal shift for you, in summary?
>>
>>25185209
Studio security anon here
My shift general goes like this
>Come in between 1-1:30
>eat lunch while briefing with captain, run down of anything out of the ordinary, what stages are open, if auditions are happening, any work being done on lot, who from operations is around and any vips
>after briefing go to the gate, see if gate guard has any other information captain didn't, relieve him and start my shift
>check parking passes and IDs of people coming in, check them against the system or call various people to get people approved to come in if they aren't in the system
>get in touch with stage managers if equipment deliveries or waste management shows up
>make sure to get the stage log signed when the crews are done for the day

After that it's pretty dead til my shift ends at 10 and the overnight guy comes in and I'm up at the gate by myself to do what I want
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.