[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate wealthy people, even the ones that earned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 10
File: 1446934650390.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446934650390.gif
1 MB, 500x500
Why do people hate wealthy people, even the ones that earned their cash on their own?
>>
You didn't build that
>>
>>25183634
Because there selfish and don't give me money
>>
>>25183634
Because a lot of them build the substantial wealth through tax avoidance loopholes only afforded to them through their expansive team of accountants.
>>
if you think most of the truly wealthy people are self made, you're delusional
>>
>>25183685
>implying tax is not theft
>implying reducing the amount being stolen from you is immoral
>>
They didn't earn it on their own, they earned it through exploiting the working class
>>
>>25183726
>>25183685

FEEL THE BERN, amirite?
>>
>>25183685
So do you have numbers to back that up or are you just assuming? Even if that were true, they would still be insanely rich after taxes.
>>
"Why does {insert massive generalisation}"

"Because {insert retarded shit}"

>Every thread on /r9k/
>>
Nobody ever made a fortune by being honest, generous and kind. There's a reason everyone hates them and it's because they're the catalyst for everything shit about the world.
>>
>>25183745
>hmm, where do these roads that I drive on every day come from? They must be a naturally occurring geographic feature.
>>
>>25183785
True, except for >>25183746
I'm with you comrade(s).
>>
>>25183634
People hate wealthy people because they are jealous, and assume all sorts of negative stereotypes about them to justify that hate.
>>
I'm not super rich but I'm a multi-millionaire through my own doing. Raised by a poor Hispanic single mother on welfare who was thousands in debt.

I was honest throughout. Yeah I'm not a billionaire or have like 100 mil or anything but I'm just a single guy, I can do pretty much whatever I want.
>>
>>25183823
why shouldn't people be jealous of the rich?

they live life on 10/10 easy luxury mode
>>
>>25183685
>he really thinks this is how the world works

I don't laugh at things I read online very often, but I laughed reading that.

Are you still in high school?
>>
>>25183765
It's public knowledge foreign tax safe havens exist. There's published numbers of multinational corporations paying less than $300 in tax. Go do some research, bub. I'm not your personal Google.
>>
>>25183834
Are you really gonna say you're rich by your own doing and not tell us how?
>>
>>25183842
Why do you think the wealthy are hated? If you won $5 million in the lottery tomorrow, should you suddenly be hated?
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 499x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 499x381
>bunch of neets complaining about unearned wealth
>>
>>25183634
Define 'wealthy' for a start.

There are people on this board who probably think earning $100k per year is wealthy. It's not.
>>
Poor people convince themselves all the wealthy people are corrupt or taking hand me down money because admitting that you can become wealthy through your own hard work would look bad on them. "Oh it's the system keeping me down, I'm not just a lazy piece of shit!"
>>
Even wealthy people like Stephen King have been outspoken on how tax is unfairly skewed and doesn't fairly buckle down on the wealthy.
>>
>>25183839
I didn't say being jealous was wrong. But hating someone just because they are doing better than you is pretty fucking weak.
>>
>>25183941
If you live in a first world country, then you're wealthy. If you think otherwise, then go poo in the loo.
>>
I don't hate rich people. I hate shitty rich people. On the other hand, I hate shitty poor people just as much.
>>
>>25183905
Of course big corporations exploit as much as they can but I don't see any proof that this is the case for the majority of wealthy individuals. I don't believe anything without proof.
>>
>>25183953
Nothing is stopping Steven King from giving away the difference between what he pays and what he thinks he should pay.
>>
>>25183685
>>25183765
>>25183842
This is going to be a whole lot of
>implying someone would tell lies on the internet

but I know a fuck-ton of rich people through family connections. I've actually talked to Trump on a golf course before he became a meme (he's actually a huge cunt to basically everyone and has no friends) but that is another story.

Essentially how this works, is that you pay people in the government bribes through loopholes, and in turn they write in loopholes to the tax forms that allow you to pay less taxes. You make more money, they get their bribes, everyone is happy.

I can't give specifics because it's essentially illegal but literally every business worth more than a billion or two dollars does this. The government is literally filled solely with puppets for large corporations, because they were essentially elected by those same corporations. The government does not represent the people, it represents the wealthy, and it's been this way for years.

But, as immoral as I find it it pays for my tendies so I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>25183834
I'm sure you're funneling cash into offshore tax shelters while you go off to the Bahamas to shoot orphans with your Bilderberger colleagues, you capitalist scum.
>>
I just want to drive a bentley, shitpost and play vidya all day 2bh
>>
>>25183977
Well, first of all, the wealthiest people own these companies.. and then they have corporate tax applied to create fully-franked dividends that don't get taxed, because they're fully-franked.. which means corporate tax is all the tax they pay on it and it won't be considered personal income.
>>
I'm a self-made millionaire. On a macro level people hate you to blow off steam. They're just mad at the world. On a more personal level, people don't hate you so much as alienate you. It's ridiculous but they only see your success as a reflection of their failure.
>>
>>25183945
too bad being middle class is slowly but surely becoming the new version of "poor"
>>
>>25183963
You make a good point. To a large chunk of the world, 99% of the people on this board are wealthy. What are all you NEET's doing to distribute your wealth to the less fortunate? You do believe in wage equality, right?
>>
File: kill_me.jpg (14 KB, 385x387) Image search: [Google]
kill_me.jpg
14 KB, 385x387
>>25183634

I'm just envious of wealthy people. They were born with superior genetics/IQ and thus had an inherent advantage form birth. You can't compete with genetics.
>>
My dad is a brain surgeon and a business owner. He's insanely rich and comes from a poor family. He doesn't give me a fucking dime of it and I'm currently in medical school heading down a similar path. He expects me to earn all my money on my own, and I will.
>>
>>25183765
It's a ridiculous statement. No one becomes wealthy because of tax loopholes.
>>
>>25184050
a lot of the "wealth" you have as a poor first worlder is simply access to things like running water, electricity, internet, etc.

how exactly are you going to distribute that to foreign countries when you can barely afford to access it in the country you're in?
>>
File: gets_me_every_time.jpg (33 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
gets_me_every_time.jpg
33 KB, 292x257
>>25184069
>mfw I'm a trust fund baby
>>
>>25184050
There are people that die because they don't have access to plumbing.
>>
>>25183765
>Even if that were true, they would still be insanely rich after taxes.
This. Yeah those taxes are really what make or break us, of course not you morons. When you're that rich some taxes aren't going to ruin you. People exploit loopholes because more money is always better but they're not going to be poor because of taxes. Such delusions.
>>
>you will never become close friends with a rich person because they're so used to people only wanting them for their money, and you don't care about money
>you will never become secret lovers with them, with the taboos of homosexuality and class differences
>they will never put you in their will to receive everything, only for you to murder them afterwards
>you will never then realize that your love was real, and full of regret, kill yourself while burning their mansion of valuables
>>
File: 1441058277612.jpg (19 KB, 294x200) Image search: [Google]
1441058277612.jpg
19 KB, 294x200
>>25183634
I think being wealthy can cause a person to be out of touch with those who aren't, they breed and have kids that are even MORE out of touch, and over that course of just a couple generations you end up with a family of really rich assholes. There is certainly a palpable difference between a self-made man and a person who is funding their rap career with daddy's money.
>>
>>25183988
>you pay people in the government bribes through loopholes
Yes, this is what corporations, lobbyists, and the ultra wealthy do. This isn't what the average millionaire does or is even capable of doing, they just aren't big enough fish. The 1%-5% of the wealthy do all the corrupt things you guys imagine, not every guy who may have a few million dollars.
>>
>>25184094
On the other hand, you're on arcanine, so

: ^)
>>
>>25184116
Why even live, brah?
>>
What counts as wealthy? I make 300k a year at my job, most of it goes straight into my savings.
>>
>>25184139
>not every guy who may have a few million dollars.

We were talking about wealthy people anon.
>>
>>25184152
The IRS defies it as an income of $1 million or more a year. For hedge fund investment, it's a net worth over $1 million.
>>
>>25184139
a few million dollars isn't even considered rich anymore, especially where i live. you need to make $100k a year minimum to even be middle of the road middle class.

i live in one of the wealthiest areas in the country
>>
>>25184152
>savings
Jesus, you're wasting your potential with that income.. You should be investing into a wide portfolio. Banks only cuck people over, man.
>>
Most likely because it confronts them with the fact they could be doing better themselves. They choose not to, because they're weak. But instead of being a weak winner, they're fucking losers because they demonize them. Did you really need to ask, though? Seems like you're in need of attention. Ain't there a better more real way of getting it than browsing 4chan? I'm not judging, I'm just tryna help ya OUT OVER HERE!
>>
>>25184116
It's true you will probably not become friends with them. My newest friend I met in 8th grade. Honestly, unles you'rea really attractive women, I'm not trying to meet anyone.
>>
>>25184137
So what, look at 4chan. It's full of fucking assholes who are completely out of touch with the real world.
>>
Because gibs me dat. Also if you're wealthy you should feel some sort of compulsion to maximize the efficiency of your spending, spend the extra on free trade shit and help out local businesses or whatever. But most people just go full nigger rich and buy big houses, big cars, expensive clothes for their shitty kids etc.
>>
>>25184191

Thanks Mr. Trump
>>
>>25184137
That's why they created trust funds. The real purpose of the Gates Foundation is to shield his wealth for future generations.
>>
>>25184226
So would 90% of the people on this board, if they suddenly got a shitload of money.
>>
>>25184182
Eh, a few million is rich almost anywhere. I live in NYC and only 1 in 25 is worth over 1 mil.
>>
jealous of people

>at friends house
>"friend" mom say i have to bust my ass
>goes on a rant about something
>parents i guess are rich to her

in the end they're jealous
>>
File: 1441029392039.jpg (157 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441029392039.jpg
157 KB, 1280x720
I'm a Neurologist but I live like a poor person. I live in a shitty one bedroom apartment and barely spend any of my money. I've always lived this way so I've gotten used to it to be honest. My landlady likes me because I always pay her in time, I barely pay anything for this fucking room.
>>
>>25184214
...What is your point here? Are you agreeing with what I said or not? I can't make any sense of it as a response to what I said. The question wasn't, "Why do you hate 4chan?"
>>
>>25184226
Why are you trying to dictate what the wealthy should do with their money? How about if the grinding poor of the third world dictate how YOU spend your money, since you are probably 100 times richer than them?
>>
>>25184308
That's how everyone should do it man. Why buy a mansion when you're a single male with no kids and not many friends? I'll live like a pleb forever.
>>
>>25183634
I didn't hate them until I was homeless and I had lived with my former foster sister (whose adoptive family is very wealthy).

There's an utter cluelessness about them, like they genuinely can't imagine certain things. For example, there's no scenario, in their minds, where they would want to be uncomfortable. In fact, they reeeeeeee hard whenever they encounter a situation without the most unnecessary luxuries, like decorations of some sort, or soft things. Simplicity and minimalism are simply unthinkable, and they over-complicate their lives to ensure luxuries are present, even when unnecessary. I once had to go to the store for groceries in some cold weather. I threw on a light sweater, but the lady of the house turned it into a huge production where I had to wear a parka AND snow boots (it had snowed the day before), even though I would be gone less than ten minutes.

When I came to live with them, the lady spent days trying to figure out what my favorite food was. She didn't believe me when I told her I was simply grateful to have food.

My sister gets the worst of it all. She's getting married soon, and her mom almost derailed her wedding plans simply because she didn't like the bathrooms at her daughter's preferred venue. Months of planning, down the tubes because the bathrooms were icky.

"You don't want people to talk about how nasty the bathrooms are, do you??" she asked us over dinner once. Rich people have NO SENSE of what actually matters. I don't blame them, though. If you've never starved, you start to think insignificant shit like that matters.
>>
>>25184430
>Why buy a mansion when you're a single male with no kids and not many friends?
I know right? People are always surprised when you're not living in some palace and driving the best car. Who needs all that shit, my car just works and my place is comfy.
>>
>>25184434
The irony is that people who made their money legitimately through hard work and ingenuity don't think like this.
>>
>>25184434
Once again, a huge fantasy diatribe against what you imagine all wealthy people are like.
>There's an utter cluelessness about them
Who? Some people you saw that were rich? Why does this apply to all rich people? I've met many rich people who dress and act just like regular folks.
>>
>>25184430>
Why eat lobster when you can sustain yourself on gruel? You dudes are doing it wrong.
>>
>>25183765
There aren't any numbers to back up people hating wealthy people, this whole thread is conjecture and autism.
>>
File: 1450714109400.gif (2 MB, 540x393) Image search: [Google]
1450714109400.gif
2 MB, 540x393
I've got no issue with wealthy people, though that goes mostly to those who earned their money, like older people.

Older money are those who don't brag about their wealth (at least here), despite having plenty of saving and managing their money well to get them thrtr. You might get the odd few who show it off a little, but they aren't nowhere near as obnoxious as younger money. You could argue that those olders were born into wealth, but they were also brought up in at least /some/ different values compared to our younger money of today.

Younger money are just the offsprings of these elders and haven't worked a day in their lives or done anything to contribute to it, but will still flash "their" cash and act like life is all about them because they were born into the easiest mode. They're the entitled, spoiled little shits which think everything should be handed to them on a golden plate because their family can afford it.

Take it from someone who works airport security and knows the contrast, older will just usually go by like other people not giving much of a shit, just wanting to get from point A to point B, while the younger will go "BE CAREFUL WITH THAT BAG ITS WORTH MORE THAN YOU MAKE IN A YEAR", its why I intentionally just chuck it onto the trays right in front of their eyes. I'm here to check you haven't got weapons/drugs, not be your bell boy, you get no special treatment.
>>
>>25184552
Lobster is overrated to be honest. I'll take a good steak over that fish roach any day.
>>
>>25184397
Point taken, but I guess it would be a given to implement some population control methods for a few decades though. And no, I am not one of the people who would deserve to procreate in this case. I can admit that, I don't want the wealthy to spend the money on ME or my dumb ass genetic freak family, just spend it less frivolously.
>>
>>25183634
I don't hate rich people but no one needs a billion or more dollars if they're paying their employees crap. Costco does amazing and they pay extremely well. Why can't others?
>>
>>25184609
Snow crab beats the everloving shit out of lobster 100% of the time. It is less tough, sweeter, and doesn't taste like a man's foot marinated in old shrimp.
>>
>>25184542
Why does reddit think everything on here is made up?
>>
>>25184308
My friend made a few million, he doesn't even have a car, rents a modest 2 bedroom apartment and lives pretty simply. Mostly because he doesn't want to work anymore and wants the money to last, he grew up working class. He buys whatever gadgets etc he wants, but I'd say he spends less than your average salaried tech worker. Not every rich person is some Trump-like ogre.
>>
>>25183790
This. Capitalism relies on the greedy human nature. The winners in capitalism, the most rich, are people who were most successfully able to jew people out of money
>>
>>25184666
Basically this too. You can be born into this money and not really be guilty of profiting off of the misfortune of others - but here's the thing, you are.
>>
>>25184609
My point is, who wants to live in a shitty rental apartment? And why do people see that as somehow virtuous? I grew up in a shithole. I didn't bust my ass to return to one. And I'm certainly not going to apologize for having a beautiful house.
>>
>>25184665
The funny thing about Trump is he wrote about the lucky genetics club and doesn't think he is part of it. His dad was a multimillionaire real estate developer.
>>
>>25184655
I didn't say mean to imply his experience was made up, i was trying to say that homeless person is painting a fantasy that ALL wealthy people are like the few he saw, which I would assume was a very small sample set, since the homeless and the wealthy don't often hang out at the same places.
>>
File: yeehaw.jpg (11 KB, 192x187) Image search: [Google]
yeehaw.jpg
11 KB, 192x187
I don't hate rich people, I just hate how fucking apathetic they are allowed to be.
They're no different from us, but they got to their position through professional jewery or luck, have some semblance of power to make a shift/ change on the system, but the instead just perpetuate the system that requires jewing to even meet basic living standards.

Worst part is, it's not like there's a shortage of anything on earth. There are plenty of resources for everyone to be happy. But because some cunts take more than they need, it creates this false idea that there's scarcity/ you need to fuck others over to get ahead.
>>
>>25184699
>I'm certainly not going to apologize for having a beautiful house.
And we're going to apologize for not living in a beautiful house. Works both ways friend, you live how you want and we live how we want.
>>
>>25184699
A beautiful house is not a big house. I just hate people with mini mansions with 9+ story walls that serve no purpose other than to collect dust, lose balloons, and make it harder to adjust the temperature.

Also fuck dining rooms. If your family is faggoty enough to still eat at the table you only need one. Not an extra room with a second dinner table and second set of chairs that no one uses 360 days out of the year.
>>
>>25184752
The vast majority of people think in that manner. "I'd never name a kid X because I knew an X and he was a total tool. "
>>
>>25184756
>they got to their position through professional jewery or luck
You're saying no one who is wealthy actually worked hard to earn it? This is an SJW argument (WEALTH IS NEVER EARNED, SHITLORD!)
>>
>>25184759
I don't get. Why would I want you to apologize. I was referring to the posts that where like proclaiming the alleged virtues of living beneath one's means. I mean, to each his own, but fuck all that.
>>
>>25184806
By the very mechanics of capitalism their hard work equals jewery. Don't read too much into this post either because that is literally the only point I am making here.
>>
>>25183685

The top 1% pays way more than 1% of the taxes as it should be. They pay over 50%, which is bullshit.
>>
The thing I hate most is the entitlement. The bad ones think that everyone else should care about them and what they care about just because of the wealth.

The worst of the wealthy think they earned everything all by themselves (discounting luck, discounting help along the way, discounting being born into it etc).

Humble wealthy people are cool, though.
>>
>>25184631
lol ur a fag!
>>
>>25184832
>I mean, to each his own, but fuck all that.

What is beneath your means aside from not living comfortably? Are we talking a home theater system and a car, or maids and a salt water pool?
>>
>>25184867
Considering they own 80% of the wealth, nah, 50% is a sweet deal for them.
>>
>>25183634
Entrepreneurial entitlement is the overlooked one.

>on their own

meme
>>
>>25184631
Henry Ford made the same connection. Pay people better and they will become better workers.
>>
I support higher taxes for wealthier people but I don't think they should pay out like 60% of their earnings. I think that's bullshit, what's the point in aiming for a higher standard of living when you're just going to knock me down to garbage? It's just a kick in the knee for going above and beyond the average person.
>>
>>25184834
You're saying the system is fucked and unfair to many. I agree. But, whatever alternate system to capitalism people come up with will also become fucked very quickly, because people in groups tend to want power over others, either military or financial or social.

If you put 100,000 people who all hate capitalism on an island and told them they have to create their own society, if you come back in a year, I'm pretty sure their will be a hierarchy of power created. This is human nature and you either try to play the game and do your best, or you try to opt out in some way. I do agree the jews look like they have it all sewn up right now, but people are still fighting for what they can get.
>>
>>25184934
Capital gains is the problem. Trust funds own stock and they get their money virtually tax free. The fund owns their homes and they get a stipend that lowers their actual tax bracket.
>>
>>25184970
It always goes back to some form of tribalism in the absence of a larger civilization.
>>
>>25184783
Agreed, McMansions are tacky and a bad investment.

But not having a dining room is hillbilly-tier nonsense.
>>
>>25184929
When you pay people better overall, prices go up and the benefit from higher wages is diminished or goes away.
>>
>>25184878
I'm saying, if you're a neurologist and you're living in a dingy rental, that seems like a sign of mental illness tbqh. I'm not saying you have to behave like a nog on the 1st if the month, but you can't take it with you either.
>>
>>25184752
I wasn't always homeless. I've met many wealthy people in my life, some noble and upright, others fat and opulent. I like to think I'm pretty even-handed in my generalizations, too.

Do you come from wealth? Your posts carry another interesting quality I observe in rich people. There's a constant urge to DEFEND themselves.
>>
>>25184260

That's not a trust fund, it's a charitable fund. Neither he or his family and friends can touch a single cent of it.
>>
>>25184509
False. They made their wealth through a very successful business my sister's adoptive father started. I also met his parents who were from a middle class background and they lacked that fussiness. My sister's mother, on the other hand, was dirt poor before she married her husband. These behaviors are learned, through insulation to life's hardships.

>>25184542
These things happened. I didn't just see them. I lived in their home, ate their food and was part of their family for months. I've met many other rich people, and although they are all good people, they all have that quality in them. They reeeeeeeee at discomfort, and tolerating it is madness in their eyes.

I guess you're right about one thing: I don't hate the rich. I just hate that quality in them. It honestly disgusts me and I've never met anyone who is well-to-do without it.
>>
>>25185001
Absolutely, it is the best way. Unfortunately, the world is breaking down borders and going in the opposite direction. One big world full, of poor bitches.
>>
>>25185011
Dividend economy with most jobs mechanized.

Do you know what would improve the education system? A lottery system for all elected offices.
>>
>>25185067
It's a private foundation. Have you seen the incorporation paperwork? Neither have I.
>>
>>25184699

Why would you choose a shitty apartment? I would choose a nice apartment. Mcmansions are all shit.
>>
>>25184743

His dad barely gave him anything and he turned it into an empire. Trump is self made in every sense of the word.
>>
>>25185202
His father paid for his first investment. I'm not saying Trump was good or bad, just that his definition of lucky is skewed.
>>
>>25183634
To play devils advocate, I would say that there are people concerned about how money is allocated today. While you may feel like you earned the money that you have, they may presume or think that the benefit that society derives from your career is not worth the amount of money you got.

Just a few thoughts
>>
>>25185069
You are a tremendous asshole. Did you ever stop to act that these people might be acting out of broader concerns that you don't see. That in reality shabby bathrooms are a very big deal, and accounting for that level of nuance is a habit of the successful. And that doesn't make them bad people. It does however make you seem thick.
>>
>>25185011

It depends if the company is hoarding pay at the top or not. If it is, nothing changes by making pay a little more even, it's a neutral adjustment
>>
>>25184977

Capital gains are taxed heavily in the US and it's bullshit. With mutual funds the guy making 20k is on equal footing with the guy making 2000k. It's the only way to achieve financial independence. Anyone who thinks it should be taxed should be killed. They already paid taxes once. It's not fair they pay tax multiple times for the same dollar they put in.
>>
>>25185033

He never said it was dingy, asshole.
>>
>>25185179
I live in a beautiful house. Dude earlier in the thread said he was a neurologist and he lived in a shitty rental.
>>
>>25185399
What do you think of the trillionaire families that hoard their wealth for generations? Cabots, Lodges, Harrimans, Rothschilds, Spencers, etc that never earned the initial capital that's kept on growing and growing.
>>
>>25185399

>Put dollar in
>Dollar makes money

is no different from

>Put time in
>Time makes money

and should be taxed accordingly
>>
>>25185424
Sorry, he said "shitty" 1br apartment. Nice catch senpai.
>>
>Do you come from wealth?
No I come from a working class family, I could not go to college because I had to work to support my parents and brother and help pay the mortgage. I've worked full time for over 30 years, starting at Taco Bell and movie theaters, working in warehouses for a few years, and eventually a tech start up after a lucky break.

You're argument is basically 'rich people don't like to be uncomfortable', but basically ALL people don't LIKE to be uncomfortable, but they will deal with it if they absolutely have to.
>>
>>25185303
wew lad. "We might not be comfy!!" "People might talk shit!!" don't seem like broad concerns, they seem like rather narrow ones, in fact.

It's her daughter's wedding, and she's more concerned about the bathrooms than her daughter's wishes. And her reasoning is that she doesn't want people talking smack. That's not nuance, that's giving too many shits about appearances.

The real kicker is that the bathrooms were actually just fine, if a bit grimy. Accounting for that is NOT a habit of the successful, it's a habit of wealthy housewives who feel the need to inject "nuance" (overcomplication) into every little mission they have to accomplish, and turn everything into a massive fucking production.

And you're right, they weren't bad people at all. They took me in during my time of need, and if you'll notice, I even went ahead and corrected myself. I don't hate them, I love these people and their tremendous kindness. But I'll be damned if certain habits aren't fucking retarded.

Why so mad, anon?
>>
>>25183634
You literally can't earn all that money. It would be earned if you had to put in more work to get it than someone who gets less, but that's the opposite of how things work.
>>
>>25185513
No, my argument is that they will ovecomplicate their lives to escape trivial discomforts.
>>
>>25185514
This is why they're rich and you're talking shit. Everything you associate yourself with is ultimately a reflection of you.
>>
>>25185463

That's what sales tax is for. Instead of taxing capital gains which helps the little guys like us tax spending. Hell, even just taxing luxuries like cars, boats, and similar extra if they're less than 5 years old would go a long way.

I don't even like sin tax though. Drop bullshit taxes everywhere and have a flat sales tax. Punish consumption, not production. It's complicated to explain but investing is risky and stimulates the economy. I'd rather their money go towards private spaceships and futuristic augmentations over niggers wasting it on twinkled and strippers.
>>
File: laughingwhoresonecstasy.jpg (11 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhoresonecstasy.jpg
11 KB, 238x212
>>25185555
They're rich because they worked very hard 20 years ago. I'm talking shit because I'm on 4chan.

>Everything you associate yourself with is ultimately a reflection of you.
Given that I associated myself with these people, and they with me, it seems like I'm going to do well in life! Thanks for the words of encouragement, anon!
>>
>>25185482

It doesn't even compare. You pay money for time put in's tax. The money is taxed. You spend it on investments, but then it's taxed again. Imagine buying a game for $60. You're taxed at the register, then taxed again every time you put it in the console. If they tax capital gains they should tax all spending multiple times. Maybe you're taxed for buying food, again when eating, and again when shitting.
>>
>>25185556

Investing requires the investors to feel safe about it though, otherwise money just sits there and does nothing. You're more likely to hit them where they're actually using their money
>>
>>25185605

Not the same thing. Capital gains is money being put back to work to make more money (Hence "gains" on "capital"), buying a video game is flat consumption
>>
>>25185463
When trillionaire families can actually own and influence/control corporations and governments, I'm not sure how we are going to enact laws that will put a stop to them. They own the media and politicians, or their friends do.
>>
>>25185556
They're not sharing their most advanced technology.
>>
People who like to talk about economic theory are rarely the ones making money. Media and academics tbqh
>>
>>25185640
The political mechanisms are in place to stop them. I agree that it'll likely never happen when they own the cops.

Tip O'Neill, in his autobiography, wrote that two members of the Kennedy administration told him they heard shots from the grassy knoll. The FBI told them that wasn't possible and they went along. Tip was Speaker of the House.
>>
people born into it are top tier faggots, but self-made people are badasses
>>
>>25185538
So will NEETs, they will avoid simple things because it is uncomfortable to talk to people etc. and this overcomplicates their lives. It's just being neurotic and happens to all classes of people, and manifests differently.
>>
>>25185656

Have you never heard of technology? They are sharing. Look at Google, Samsung, Microsoft, they all sale shit you can buy.
>>
>>25185606

It's not investing if it feels safe. Investment implies risk.
>>
>>25185743
I know, and NEETs are also disgusting human beings!!

Self-employed master-race here.
>>
>>25183988
What do you think of Trump ? People still like cunts.

Also, what kinda girls he likes I want money
>>
>>25185777

And money sitting there doing nothing is not in circulation. Too much money not in circulation is more harmful than good.
>>
>>25185744
Keep on believing that the technology for sale is the most advanced available or developed.
>>
I'm just jealous honestly. Not of the money, but of people that have the ability to succeed.
>>
>>25185821

It's not investing if it's hidden under a mattress doing nothing either. Just look up the word on investopedia. It's a real word, and it doesn't mean what you think it meansmeans.

Invested money is in circulation. I don't know what exactly you think you're talking about.
>>
>>25185795
I only talked to him for like half an hour, but he was petulant, complained a lot about minor shit, and was in general a dick. Nobody wanted to be near him, it was kind of sad. You know when someone is sort of unintentionally a huge cunt to the point where it's kind of funny? It was like that.

He reminded me sort of like a kid who never grew up.
>>
>>25185833

You're retarded. You think those greedy rich assholes are holding out because they only care about profit so they don't want to make any money by selling things? Or are you talking about stuff currently in development and not released yet? It's because of people stupid like you they can't release it. Liability and all that shit. Computer software is one area you do get the cutting edge shit. Mozilla nightly is a good example. You don't want the most advanced stuff developed though because when you fuck everything up you'll sue and blame everyone except the user who caused the fuck up.
>>
>>25185929

How much does your shillary disinfo company pay for each shitpost you make?

I met hillary Clinton once too. She was fucking puppies in the ass with knives while worshipping Satan. She reminds me of a stupid woman who can't do anything right and cries sexism anytime she is criticised.
>>
>>25185556
>even just taxing luxuries like cars, boats, and similar extra if they're less than 5 years old would go a long way.

They actually tried this and it almost killed the boating industry. Rich people are still price sensitive. Not to mention sales taxes are regressive.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-06-09/business/1991160128_1_luxury-tax-yachts-harrison

extremely old article.
>>
>>25186081
Hillary Clinton is a fucking dumb cunt, but that doesn't make Trump good, just better.

Like I said, I can't prove shit without doxxing myself, and I'm not really that invested. If you listen to Trump speak it shouldn't really be surprising to you that he is an asshole to people. At least people who have no connections, he was pretty nice to me, even though he kept interrupting me.

How does it feel that you will never be interrupted by Trump?
>>
>>25186081
>meeting someone famous is that super unbelievable to you

people meet celebrities all the time
>>
>you will never fuck a rich girl into submission
>>
>>25186286

He's not just a celebrity though, he is the Republican frontrunner. Just like jidf protectsprotects Jews you have political groups out to smear Trump. I'm not saying he's perfect, but any criticism should be met with skepticism. Especially when it's inconsequential stuff like he was #r00d or anything not related to concrete facts and policy he's drafted.
>>
>>25186507
Why would he get paid to post on r9k? This isn't pol and most of the people here won't vote or are already decided. 4chan isn't a battleground state.
>>
>>25186970

4chan pretty much drives the Internet. It is an extremely valuable target. This isn't some obscure anime site with a handful of posters anymore. Lots of people use 4chan directly, and everyone is exposed to second hand or third hand 4chan
>>
>>25183823

Kind of like /r9k/ and "normies."
>>
>>25187229

Since when are normies jealous of us? They hate us because they're retarded. Not jealous.
>>
>>25184699
I want to live in a shitty apartment closed off from other human beings and die and only get found after 6 years because my rent will still be automatically paid anyway.
>>
>unearned wealth
I worked 3 hours this month and made $1800. It kinda makes me hate myself.
>>
>>25187753
>$600 per hour
what exactly do you do?
>>
File: 1444627185825.png (60 KB, 526x469) Image search: [Google]
1444627185825.png
60 KB, 526x469
>>25183634

Jealousy, crab bucket mentality, retardation, envy, low iq, shit self esteem, etc, etc...
>>
>>25187815
Well my rate is 60 an hour. It's just there's a minimum they have to pay me each month if they want me to continue to do work for them. I'm a linux sysadmin currently working remotely on a contract basis.
>>
>>25183634
>even the ones that earned their cash on their own?

>a human being
>"earning" millions of times more income than everyone else

No person deserves more money than they can even spend. They didn't work a million times harder than everyone else. And yet whole countries of people starve just so the untouchable upper class can keep buying martinis and island and other useless junk that doesn't even make their life much better. They still use iPhones and eat the same junk as the rest of us.

There should be a limit on how much someone can have.
>>
>>25188188
Donald Trump is a million times better than I am.
>>
>>25188188

Here's a hint, they work smart, not hard. Think about it. A guy digs a ditch with a spoon in 5 years. A guy uses a shovel and does it a weekend. I'd pay the guy with a shovel a lot more even though he didn't work nearly as hard.
>>
>>25183634
I don't mind if they earned it honestly, and if the individual themselves are not entirely corrupt. Almost most millionaires will pay their taxes, but the large companies will take it further to not do so.
Case in point Facebook, Oil companies, Banking corporations, Newspaper tycoons, all of them using public services but hardly paying tax. The tech companies are worse considering employee count is so low.
>>
>>25188390
You can't be a million times smarter than everyone else. Sure, twice as smart, get twice as much income. But millions upon millions is ridiculous.

Protip: It's mostly down to luck and nepotism, not "smarts", otherwise IQ would correspond with wealth (it doesn't).
>>
>>25188621

Funny how every study on iq and wealth shows they are correlated.
>>
>>25183634
>the ones that earned their cash on their own

Nobody earns it the whole way. More people put in big effort than get the opportunities to really make it big, and you do need the opportunity, which you can't control.

So why hate? It's obvious. Everyone knows they didn't really get a fair shake. Some got a better chance than others, sure, but everyone has that thought, "If only I'd gotten a good education, if only I'd had the money to pursue that opportunity, if only I hadn't had my mom to take care of, if only, if only." The people at the top are the fortunate, the ones in the right place at the right time with the right background, so when they act like they're the deserving they're impossible not to hate.
>>
>>25184260

To me it's kind of telling about our system in general that the first thing these proud self-made rich people do when they get to the top is try to completely isolate their own children from that exact same system. A trust fund is primarily a ticket out of the rat race.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the rat race.
>>
because it was luck that made them successful
there are only a few multimillionaires and the rest are poor, that tells you something
>>
>>25189090

It's their money and their kids. What do you fucking expect? When I get rich I'm using it to make my life and my family's lives better. That's the entire point of the rat race. So you and your family can live comfortably.

It's really easy. As long as you make minimum wage you can retire comfortably. Look up vanguard or betterment. Just put lots of money in a mutual fund, then live on interest forever and never touch the capital. Read the trinity study. Withdrawing 4%/year is the trick to live on interest forever. Live on less and it actually grows.
>>
>>25189147

Luck is just another word for work.
>>
>>25188188
>No person deserves more money than they can even spend.
People deserve what they earned, no matter how much that is.
>>
>>25188188
>They didn't work a million times harder than everyone else.
You're under the assumption that all work is created equal. It isn't.

That Mexican construction worker might work 15 hours a day but his job is not more valuable than a fucking doctor or someone even if they work harder. That construction job can be done by anyone, a doctor can't.
>>
>>25185846

Same here. I don't want money. I want the ambition and the drive that gives these people the capacity to make that kind of money. I want to build something I can be proud of. The money is nice. The accomplishment of actually earning it is far more valuable to me.
>>
>>25189778

But it's just luck the doctor was born with an MD and didn't have to do any work or take any risks to get his own practice. The only reason the Mexican isn't a doctor is because the title didn't effortlessly fall into his lap.
>>
>>25189090

When you're a parent, you do anything in your power to protect your kids. For them, protecting them means getting them out of the shithole that is the rat racr. Not having to worry about finances is a HUGE burden removal, and you want your kids to have the best life you can make out for them.

Not saying I agree with it completely, but I can understand the logic behind their actions.
>>
>>25189778
Except the rich people aren't the doctors; they're the middlemen that borrow money to buy money to pay other people to do actually valuable things. They themselves provide nothing of value that couldn't be provided by any other person with money.
>>
>>25190481

If it's so easy way don't you just borrow some money and buy all the money and be the richest man in the world? Then instead of stupid shit like feeding the poor or giving Africa medicine you could fund research in cooler computers, new recreational drugs, and loli sexbots. Now that's what I call actually valuable things.
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.