[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2025 >half the robots get their waifus >half the robots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1450823350456.gif (2 MB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
1450823350456.gif
2 MB, 400x321
>2025
>half the robots get their waifus
>half the robots become the waifus
>>
>>25183394
No way. I bookmarked that Live2d tech like a year and a half ago expecting it to be dead in the water and abandoned soon. Real nice to see it's still growing. Hope at some point this converges with VR.
>>
>>25183394

Why can't we all become waifus and be each other's waifus?
>>
The "waifu age" is never coming. You will always have to be either a cucked beta provider or a virgin. Deal with it.
>>
>>25183394
So I did a bit of searching and apparently this is a combination of the Live2D tech which is a use of 3d models and textures to give a 2d appearance which is useful for interactive applications that use that style and the Facerig program which maps the face in real time through a webcam and overlays a digital face for various purposes. I had actually been keeping tabs on both of these. Here's a link if you're interested.

https://facerig.com/

The announcement of the Live2D Module: http://steamcommunity.com/games/274920/announcements/detail/115203605059282238

The program the module is based on: http://www.live2d.com/en/news/euclid_development
>>
>>25183394
inb4 normies and roasties ruining this too 'LOOOK I BECOME AN ANIME GIRL KAWAII LMAO'
>>
>>25183658
a roastie stacie will humiliate and berate your virgin self in the form of a kawaii anime girl
>>
>>25183658
too late, check out youtube gamers.
>>
>>25183459
Your dichotomy does not preclude the coming of the waifu age. Theoretically, being a virgin will become a more comfortable choice
>>
File: 1337997633908.jpg (116 KB, 698x658) Image search: [Google]
1337997633908.jpg
116 KB, 698x658
>>25183658
Pepe is lost to us now, anime will be next, our "culture" (if you can call it that) will go the way of nerd culture and become bastardized by normies. Imagine the big bang theory but instead of BAZINGA and muh gaymes we get NORMIES REEEEEE and anime.

There is no hope for the future, and it's time to accept that.
>>
>>25183459
>mad roastie detected
We put a man on the moon, you stupid cunt. You think we can't replace you?

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>25183820
i don't think it was a roastie, a waifu on a computer is really meaningless, until they become physical i'm really not interested.
>>
>>25183690
>>25183820

Again, the waifu age isn't coming. VR will be a sad gimmick that even robots would rid of as soon as they had a chance with a real woman (that is, if vr isn't vaporware and it most likely is).

The next step is full immersion vr, but that either:
1. won't ever exist
2. won't exist until you're long dead

>b-b-b-but wut about muh sex bots
Won't be in a usable or enjoyable state until you're long dead if ever. Better get to that job so that you can keep your 4/10 from leaving you!

>>25183897
I'm a man that's realistic.
>>
>>25183934
You're a dumbfuck and I'm going to laugh when you're proven wrong.

In fact, you're already wrong but just haven't kept up with the field.

Oh well stay sad and mad.
>>
>>25184019
>y-you haven't kept up wit da feeeeld!!!
I promise you there's not a thing that's worth using as a replacement for real woman out now. Otherwise it would be widely reported on by this point.

>inb4 experimental vaporware garbage
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: attorneyatlol.png (359 KB, 610x463) Image search: [Google]
attorneyatlol.png
359 KB, 610x463
>>25183934
>that is, if vr isn't vaporware and it most likely is

>Oculus Rift: One of the most successful kickstarters. Bought out by facebook and in a partnership with microsoft
>HTC Vive: In a partnership with Valve with a focus on Steam
>Samsung Gear: Already commercially available and regularly sells out
>Project Morpheus: Proprietary VR hardware developed by Sony for the PlayStation

>All of these will hit the scene within 2016 (2017 at the latest)

Yup, it sure is vaporware.
>>
>>25183394
>tfw born just in time to be an elf slut on VRMMOs
>>
>>25184062
There are already onaholes that feel better than pussy, and completely customizable VR sims with AI that's improving constantly.

What you give up is the bitch whining at you all the time and having bitchfits about nonsense you don't care about.

>it's not the same
That's the point, faggot. It's better. Take some Prozac.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.