[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who do you guys talk to when you're feeling down? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: nighthwk.jpg (119 KB, 1234x673) Image search: [Google]
nighthwk.jpg
119 KB, 1234x673
Who do you guys talk to when you're feeling down?

I don't like professional therapists, and faceless anons who want to listen are very kind and sweet but I personally don't get a lot out of talking to faceless people through the internet.
>>
I mostly don't talk to anybody, or I talk to my friends. If it's my friends, I still usually don't talk about stuff like that unless we're all either tripping or on MDMA.

I'd like to talk to a free therapist at college, but frankly, I don't trust my school's admin with stuff about my personal life, and I don't trust the school's therapist not to be the assistant dean's lapdog.

Dealt with my own shit for 17 years. I can keep doing that.
>>
>>25183303

>the best person to cry to is a prostitute

-my friend Dave
>>
I don't have anybody, so I just blog on /r9k/. It's like screaming into a paper bag.
>>
>>25183427
Pretty much this. Can't show the world my weakness. They'll only use it against you.
>>
talking only goes so far. i play music and go for runs with music piping through my phone.
>>
I see a therapist, but I tell only enough to not get me prescribed medicine. Fuck that.
>>
i have no one. the most i have is a family member who has good intentions but his advice is just absolutely worthless.

i refuse to pay someone to listen to my problems, so therapy is out of the question.
>>
No one.

I feel like therapists are better for normies with temporary anguish, like losing a loved one in a car wreck or something. I don't know how much they'll do for someone long-term fucked up like me, beyond stuffing me with pills.
>>
i post it here...think in my head one person i told something to she said i should go see a therapist
>>
I want help, but I've convinced myself that it's selfish to ask for it.
>>
>>25183750
it's not selfish, but most of the time it's pointless, ultimately no one gives a shit about anything but themselves.
>>
File: don.jpg (9 KB, 299x293) Image search: [Google]
don.jpg
9 KB, 299x293
>>25183303
I talk with myself. I have some kind of self-induced schizophrenia since I was 12. I control it to some degree and the only cases when I let it out of control were rare and forced by me. It was comparable to a bad trip.

I've searched far and wide and couldn't find any information on what my ,,ability'' might be. At some point I found a description of such a practice performed by buddhist monks. Apparently it's called a tulpa and it's pretty hard to create, let alone master.

Can anyone relate? Maybe tell me something more about it?

I've been searching
>>
there is no one

sometimes when i'm really tired and depressed, i hear voices in my head. they don't say full sentences or anything, but it's very loud
>>
File: album.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
album.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
>>25183303
I don't like talking to people much when I feel down, but I like when people talk to me. YouTube is good for this, you can find a personality that agrees with you and find enjoyment in that. This also works with music sometimes, when I find an artist who I really identify with, it can both help me break out of my funk or to get another perspective on a specific state of mind.

Sometimes being depressed comes with feeling extremely restless, and when that happens I just play piano or write music. I used to play guitar and sing but I got bored of it, and I live with people so I feel it's a little undignified. It's not really cathartic for me but it can distract me from my problems/depressed thought patterns for awhile. And when I stop playing or writing, I don't feel as bad as I did before (at least not as bad as I would have felt if I had spent all that time getting sucked into that depressive thinking vortex).
>>
>>25183517
what instrument do you play?
>>25183990
how old is too old to start learning an instrument
>>
>>25183303
No one. It use to be my girlfriend even after we broke up initially. But I was being a dumbass and she quit talking to me. Haven't talked in 6 months.She's getting married now, so I'm sure I wont hear from her again.
>>
>>25183303
>Who do you guys talk to when you're feeling down?
Sometimes I make a post on /r9k/ that people may or may not reply to. Mostly I don't talk to anyone about anything. And really, what is there to say? My problems are unresolvable.
>>
>Who do you guys talk to when you're feeling down?
/r9k/
>>
>>25183303

I saw this painting in person, recently. It was a few thousand feet away from Lake Michigan. It was also a few feet away from "American Gothic", which I made a point of staring at for about ten minutes.

There were lots of familiar, dank memes in that place, and variations on old memes.
>>
>>25183303
No one, I over analyze all of my problems, blame them on myself, and expect to either kill myself or someone else by 30.
>>
>>25183442
I feel the exact same way, people will only use it against you eventually.
>>
>>25185148
Well, at least if you have some life goals.
>>
>>25185222
I just like to keep it real.
>>
No clue. I've tried.

I don't have friends anymore, not any I'd trust with personal secrets

My parents definitely don't give a fuck, they stopped pretending to care about me once I failed out of university

Therapists cost money and will use any excuse to get you on a prescription, I'm not pumping any more garbage into my brain

I've tried talking to a few people on /r9k/ through both text and voice who claimed to be "all ears" and I could tell they were pretty uninterested in what I had to say
>>
I come to r9k and I post whatever's on my mind as replies, and then either nobody replies or often times it just kills the whole thread even when it's on topic.
People see big paragraphs and they just turn off I guess. I can't greentext anymore. Dunno why.
Other than that I have nothing.
>>
>>25185710
I hate greentext. It makes me change my whole writing style just to fit some arbitrary meme format.
>>
I don't feel comfortable talking to other people about my feelings so sometimes I just imagine what type of conversation I'd have with someone if I were to talk to them. Or write in a journal. It kind of helps...
>>
>>25183303
I was amazed the first time I went to a therapist. Didn't conceal anything, just spieled all my nonsense and hideously embarrassing past. They really are emotional prostitutes. You get those looks of pity that would scar you coming from an actual person with a real job, and it's almost like empathy.
>>
>>25185827
I used to like it because it was concise, but now I realize it's just so much easier and more accurate to write paragraphs.
>>
>>25185894
Its definitely good to get the thoughts out of your head, either written or verbal. When you are forced to vocalize your thoughts in a way that someone else can understand, you can sometimes find that this very process will help clarify some issues, and release some tension. It doesn't have to be a therapist, maybe a very trusted friend. At least with a therapist, you don't have to worry about it coming back to haunt you (e.g. friend who turns on you and then knows your secrets.)
>>
>>25183303
The girl I love who has a boyfriend so I end up feeling worse and contemplate suicide.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.