[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was tumblr right? Should 4chan adopted genderless pronouns because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151220_203157.jpg (46 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151220_203157.jpg
46 KB, 450x450
Was tumblr right?

Should 4chan adopted genderless pronouns because we are an anonymous image board. That way arguments and stories won't be bias.

What do you think
>>
No, if a person posts with a female pronoun I know I can ignore their post and not miss out on anything

So gender pronouns are very useful
>>
>>25183072

Male pronouns are gender neutral. Men are people and women are mindless, self-degrading fucktoys, so the polite tradition is to assume everyone's a male person until proven otherwise.
>>
we are all guys here
and usually femanons like to make a subtlety big deal that they are girls
also they dont deserve as much respect as us male robots
>>
>>25183072
>Was tumblr right?
I think this question answers itself
>>
I am actually a tube of meat, my pronouns are slum, slur, sleesh and sleeshself. If you can't' accept me for who I am then I ask you to never eat any meat or meatkin ever again, lest you incur the wrath of the terrible E. Coli.
>>
>>25183072
4chan was against gender identity on the internet before tumblr even existed
>>
Anonymous is inherently male, since no women could resist the urge to broadcast her identity
>>
>>25183169
muslims hate him!
>>
>>25183204
This t o b e h o n e s t pham
>>
>>25183204
underrated post

femanons hate him!
>>
If you pretend you're a male and don't correct someone when they call you a guy it's pretty much the same thing
>>
File: 1444517271938.jpg (8 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1444517271938.jpg
8 KB, 249x243
>>25183204
>since no women could resist the urge to broadcast her identity
Only on this board. I don't mention being female on other boards since none of them are retarded enough to give me 5 (You)'s per post.
>>
>>25183072
all you have to do is replace any pronoun (except you, you're... is "you even a pronoun?) with "anon," it's really not that hard.
>>
In a way "Anonymous" is genderless. Yes, I know "femanon" exists, but saying "Thanks anon!" Is basically gender neutral because it refers to everyone and everything
>>
>>25183072
>bias

And not one fuck was given.
>>
anonymous posting is on the surface anti-identity. there's a paradox to anonymity though.

anonymity allows anyone to post without their identity. This should be leftist utopian, positive thing as we can discard our race, gender, etc and be pure abstract beings.

on the other hand, anonymous groups that are in actuality composed of mostly one group (white males) allow posters to post as if they were abstract beings without acknowledging their biases. It's also related to things like the KKK or anonymous racist graffiti where anonymity is used as a device for harassment.

We do here talk about a lot of things that are specific to us as a group of white males and so I can understand that it's difficult for women to post here without identifying themselves. We cannot discard identity entirely if we're going to talk about things that happen in our real lives since these things are related to our identities.

I still think the device of anonymity is a good thing, as there is no other place that's really like this. Any woman who wants to make a point can also just pretend to be a white male and insult/troll us that way. The anonymity also allows a lot of boundary-crossing among men from different cultures as seen in /pol/ which I think is really inspiring, just seeing all different countries talking shit.

The lack of identification also allows in /r9k/ something which is interesting regarding feminism. Feminists often characterize "toxic masculinity" as men having the need to hide feelings and emotionality. Yet the most popular topic of /r9k/ is the feelings of men, shared with other men to emphathize and offer mostly-supportive advice. This is partially possible due to the assumption that there are no women to judge our weakness and also partially due to the lack of a male social hierarchy.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.