[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real talk.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: 1447492927243.jpg (201 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1447492927243.jpg
201 KB, 1024x683
Does anyone here have Borderline Personality Disroder (BPD)? Or any personality disorder for that matter?

I'm worried that I might have it, but I don't indulge much in self destructive or impulsive behaviour.

Basically I:
>Alternate frequently between self confidence, and self loathing
>I often feel like my life has no direction
>I'm not sure if I have any true beliefs (aside from general axioms), though I can understand arguments from either side
>I can (sometimes) get unreasonably angry
>Have problems with anxiety and depression
>Am very judgmental and either dislike people or like them immensely

There's a few others but yeah. Anyone else feel some similar things? Maybe this level of introspection precludes me from a personality disorder, but I feel helpless to change these patterns. I'm seeing a psych in the new year.

>inb4 tumblr
Shit's real yo, it's ruining my life.
>>
File: 1447490127849.jpg (886 KB, 1267x1900) Image search: [Google]
1447490127849.jpg
886 KB, 1267x1900
Going to poast beautiful, thick asian girls
>>
>>25181480
>>25181437
Side note, does anyone know this girls name?
>>
Almost the exact same. Less the angry part but I really get the part when you say you have confidence then not so much and vice versa.
>>
Post a big butt asian girl getting fucked by black cock and I'll talk
>>
My ex gf was Borderline. Shit was a fucking nightmare, then we broke and she went completely psycho. 5 years later, I still don't answer calls if I don't recognize the number.
>>
Borderline reporting in, 20.

Black and white thinking is my major problem, either I like or dislike someone/something, there is no middle ground.
>>
Bpd anon here, ask me anything.
>>
File: 1442006711650.jpg (125 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1442006711650.jpg
125 KB, 768x1024
>>25181505
Right, like in the evening I can be brimming with confidence, feel attractive, and like my creative pursuits are actually. Next morning, cringe at myself and hate myself. Think anything I made the night before is hacky.
>>
>>25181572
Do you have mood swings?
>>
>>25181506
>muh BBC
Found the american.
>>
>>25181551
>>25181553
Can I ask how you anons found out?
Was it a professionally administered test?
How does it affect your lives?
>>
>>25181553
I have all of the symptoms in the OP but WITH impulsive, seld destructive, and suicidal behaviour. How likely is it that i have bpd?

Also how did you get diagnosed and is it worth seeing a mental health professional
>>
>>25181502
Tomomi Motozawa
>>
>>25181527
Please don't let this one nutjob cloud your view of all people with BPD, anon.
>>
>>25181589
Yeah, but not so much between anxiety and anger. I think more between sadness and relief from sadness. I kinda liken it to pessimism and switch to optimism.
>>
>>25181597
It's 2015 people, it's literally ok to be a cuckold
>>
>>25181624
>>25181589
Just to add to that, I also frequently feel a kind overarching love and compassion and optimism for humanity. Like I really feel it, it makes my heart feel nice. And then, I think humans are literal scum cancer, acting only on base instincts.
>>
Realizing I don't have that many big butt Asian girls. Sorry senpaitachi :(
>>
File: 1416165109953.jpg (799 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1416165109953.jpg
799 KB, 2448x3264
>>25181600
Nah, I just know in reality by reading the main descriptions (although I read in-depth) this is my near-exact behavior. Self-diagnosis is pretty stupid, but I know myself well enough to admit the truth.

You have to take into account people who just want to diagnose themselves with something. There are genuinely people who try to mimic personality disorders, in order to feel like they fit in with something.
>>
I just found out how avoidant I really am. I thought I was just anxious and depressed, but eventually got over that. Now, I found the underlying problem. I am trying to open up and actually talk to people, so I guess this is my start. Any tips or similar experiences?
>>
>>25181572
This picture makes me hate my life.
>>
>>25181600
I realized I had it and got the diagnosis a while later.
I can't even begin to answer how it affects my life. Pretty much ruined it.

>>25181600
I can't say for certain etc etc, but id yoy have all these symptoms then there's definitely a chance.

4chan will always tell you that it's a bad decision to get a mental health diagnosis because of paranoid boogeyman shit, but only good can come from it. After a diagnosis comes treatment. While BPD will kek your shit in, the treatment for it, Dialectic Behavioral Therapy, has a very good prognosis.

See a therapist for a diagnosis. They typicallu take a while to diagnose personality disorders, but tell them upfront about your concerns if you do suspect you have this. Just don't go overboard with it and sound like a tumblr self diagnoser.
>>
I have it. It's called Emotionally Unstable Disorder now since 2014. It sucks. I have to constantly analyze and re analyze my relationships with people. People that I really love and trust, I have to keep agonising over whether my feelings are "real" or not. (Usually not.) I hate people for little reason and have to keep reminding myself to be nice to them. They did little to deserve my rage.
The worst part though is never really feeling like a "person." I don't feel like I'm anyone. I just feel like I'm a constantly swinging pendulum of emotions without anything there. There's nothing here. Drugs help. I do ecstasy alot.

But it sucks. It really sucks. On the plus side all the evaluation has made me quite a logical person detached from emotional decisions.
>>
File: jsnjs.png (1 MB, 1368x1392) Image search: [Google]
jsnjs.png
1 MB, 1368x1392
>>25181704
Fuck forgot pic.

>>25181707
It's ok, anon. One thing to consider though is how much it affects your life, especially with your interpersonal relationships. Like I think I have many of the symptoms of BPD, and I think it affects me to some degree (especially mentally), but the thing is, I have a gf of over 3 years, I'm pretty smart, and I (think) I have friends, but I'm always afraid that they hate me. I often open up pretty quickly to new people, and get annoyed when they get uncomfortable with that. I just want to either know if this is normal. Or if not, get told it is not, so I can fix it, or begin the process of accepting myself for who I really am.
>>
>>25181437
I feel myself in most of what you say. I don't doubt I may have some disorder, but I've never been professionally diagnosed with anything.
>>
>>25181437
i want too squeez it
>>
>>25181778
>The worst part though is never really feeling like a "person." I don't feel like I'm anyone. I just feel like I'm a constantly swinging pendulum of emotions without anything there. There's nothing here.

Holy fuck, this shit so much. I know for a fact I didn't used to be this hollow shell when I was younger, but now I always will be. Fuck.
>>
File: 145013597267.jpg (150 KB, 780x1040) Image search: [Google]
145013597267.jpg
150 KB, 780x1040
>>25181811
It's not normal, BPD is basically just intensified emotions. People with BPD feel emotions more intensely and far longer than people without it. It may take someone with BPD twice the amount of time to get fully over a breakup.
Something someone says, you may think about for the next week, and may take a full month to forget about it completely.

It's not normal, but there's not much you can do besides behavioral therapy. Medication will just leave you back at square 1 when your tolerance has to keep being upped, until you reach the maximum limit the doctor can prescribe. Forcing you to taper off the medication until you're completely off it, like you were before you started taking it.
>>
>>25181811
To be honest, you do sound very borderline. See a therapist.
>>
>>25181437
You're just depressed anon it's a disorder in and of itself.
>>
>>25181437
>tfw you will never use that ass as a pillow
>>
>tfw the parts of our brains that regulate emotions are smaller than they're supposed to be
>tfw there is literally no escaping this curse
>>
>>25181437
I'm pretty sure personality disorders are just memes.
>>
>>25181437
do you have daddy issues?
>>
>>25181572
Haa exact same agin but rather than morning evening it's usually week intervals. Otherwise it's just before sleeping I'm on top of plans then until same time next night just feel my ambitions are fruitless
>>
>>25181971
t. internet neckbeard without any medical degree
>>
>>25181903

How do you know if you feel emotions more intensely if you can't jump in someone else head.
>>
>>25181437
sounds like me except im consistently self loathing, will i be okay?
>>
>>25182085
In people with BPD's brains, the parts that handle emotional regulation are smaller than normal. Their brains literally can't handle as much emotion. Everything feels like the extreme because everything is overwhelming.
>>
My psychiatrist gave me an informal diagnosis of Avoidant Personality Disorder a couple days ago.
>>
>>25181707

>Self-diagnosis is pretty stupid

Diagnoses self...

When I'm having a bout of depression, I could read through several different personality disorder symptoms and feel like I have most of them.
>>
>>25182283
Coming from someone that self diagnosed and then had it confirmed by a professional, self diagnosis is fine as long as you aren't going overboard with it. All the therapist is gonna do is just look through a list of symptoms and see if you match. Yoy could do the same if you have any kind of introspection. The only time self diagnosing is bad is if you're just doing for tumblr reasons, just ao you can wear it as a badge so you can be unique.
>>
1) get DBT
2) marsha linehan made dbt and she has bpd- and she never enters relationships
3) its hard to control/be normal.

i got it bc my family was shit... really shit
>>
>>25182582
I fucking hate my family for giving me this disorder.
>>
>>25181437
I have diagnosed BPD, Theatrical, OCPD and a bit of narcissism... ama
>>
>>25181437
wow... asian girls even do "le thick meme" better
>>
>>25182729
Theatrical?
>>
can you describe how your life is, how does your mood swings and impulsivity affect your life? also what do you mean by impulsivity
>>
I suspect myself of having schizoid pd. Gettung a diagnosis would explain all my erratic self alienation and affectional flatness to my parents and potential future spouse :^).

>inb4 you're just a deluded autist
Nah I lack a lot of autist traits like repetitive behaviors, high sensitivity and an inability to understand emotion
>>
I have Passive Agressive Disorder

>tell myself i don't
>freak out sometimes
>over protective of my self
>start saying mean shit to people i like
>just forget about it after and act like nothing happened
>>
Bunch of fags in here. You idiots with your 'personality disorders' make even the professionals that are supposed to help you look at us people with real disorders with disdain and contempt.
>>
>>25181811
damn

who is this semen demon??
>>
File: 1450677400951.png (26 KB, 420x416) Image search: [Google]
1450677400951.png
26 KB, 420x416
>>25181437
That's called being human you qt
>>
>>25185337
Thanks. This actually makes me feel better
>>
>>25181707
>>25182283
diagnosis by a doctor is just as pointless
they just ask you the same questions as the tests online and say "yes here is your prescription"
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.