[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it even possible to get rid of social anxiety?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1437789605070.png (508 KB, 651x410) Image search: [Google]
1437789605070.png
508 KB, 651x410
Is it even possible to get rid of social anxiety?
>>
alcohol or drugs or whatever, better yourself in every way you can first
>>
Yeah man. Stop being anxious about shit that doesn't matter
>>
Yes! It just takes a lot of hard work. I highly recommend finding a therapist who specializes in anxiety.
>>
Yes, put a bullet in your head
>>
File: noose.jpg (30 KB, 970x812) Image search: [Google]
noose.jpg
30 KB, 970x812
>>25180103
Yes. Oh yes, it really is.
>>
Guy with social anxiety disorder here, there is no cure. You can drug yourself till you're retarded but you will still have your anxiety, in fact similar to depression your brain actually changes shape as a result of an anxiety disorder, and it's as permanent as schizophrenia is. You'll have anxiety till you die, sorry to tell you man.

Normies will tell you cognitive behavioural treatment is effective, but it's only effective for people who were faking it or pretending to be a special snowflake for attention.
>>
>>25180127
alcohol is very effective but it's a terrible long-term solution

>>25180179
How old are you?
>>
>>25180282
25, I've had it since I was in 5th grade even though it manifested itself in different ways, that was the one constant in my life. I got molested as a child though, so it's very possible I'm just fucked up mentally
>>
>>25180344
How did you find employment with social anxiety? And what do you work as and is it particularly pressing on your anxiety? Getting more and more convinced I'll be on NEETbux for the rest of my mundane life.
>>
>>25180103
Attack the problem to the source.
Question your thoughts pattern then realize there's no reason to worry about some fear that will never happen.
>>
>>25181763
but it does happen every time
>>
>>25181763
Challenge your anxious thought and question the validity and the realistic imminence of the event that make you anxious.

If not, Get checked for thyroid condition and lack of nutriment in your blood.Also, avoid lack of sleep at all cost.
>>
>>25180103
yes, at one point you will grow up and get a real disease like depression instead.
>>
>>25180282
>alcohol is very effective but it's a terrible long-term solution
You are doing it wrong
>>
>>25180103
frontal lobe damage

desu
>>
>>25180103
yeah looks like all the celebrities I follow on instagram overcome social anxiety by being themselves

just stop being anxious and be yourself and it'll work itself out
>>
LET ME REST NOW OK
>>
Benzos desu.
>>
File: 1391039259514.jpg (70 KB, 634x476) Image search: [Google]
1391039259514.jpg
70 KB, 634x476
I've found it never goes away, you just find ways to deal with it. I've trained in Judo and Boxing, worked labour jobs with married Chads, worked retail and customer service, make regular phone calls to strangers, and try to small talk cashiers and other people when I can. After all that I've only become slightly better at dealing with people and I still can't hold eye contact for more than two seconds or have an interaction without sweating profusely and mumbling like an autist. At the end of the day I just have to force myself to deal with people because it's really the only way to get along in this world.
>>
File: tryintoholdmeback.jpg (77 KB, 736x755) Image search: [Google]
tryintoholdmeback.jpg
77 KB, 736x755
>>25180103

You don't.

What you do is build yourself a killer body, then remember that you could kill anyone triggering you, crushing normies skulls with your bare hands.

You don't do it, because you're still a nice anxious guy, but you could. That's the trick.
>>
I think I figured it out, I disregard all ration in favor of empirical data, people try to say that makes me selfish as the only "logic" I will adhere to is from my own pattern recognition and sense, therefore the only thing that matters to me is me, or my thoughts and observations. While that is true it is also true that being selfish gets you nowhere in life, society is a huge exercise in common knowledge and cooperation, look how it has separated us from animals. I realize my best interest lies in participating in it, without it we would be far worse.. I also recognize that pleasing my mate is IMPERATIVE in continuing my bloodline, that and I want to feel morally justified and 'good' at all times. I would try so hard to please you, asking only for a tiny bit of love and affection in return, I don't think you understand that you are the center of my life, I just get called shallow. No, to me it's deep (DEEP THOUGHTS MAN :^) and my intent is as grand as it gets.. please stop turning me into a savage by being incapable of understanding how I work. I literally wanted to make you a princess and you keep twisting it into the creeper meme, am I lurking outside your windows? Calm your tits, if you hate me (most do) I leave you alone and they strip my liberty, even if unknowingly, all the time. Unable to exist, constantly told to kill myself by self righteous cunts

You too are fallible
>>
>>25181947
This, if alcohol isn't a permanent solution for you, you aren't trying hard enough.
>>
>>25180103
Probably not.

I was going to go order some pastries for a holiday party for work. Thought it would be neat if I brought in some holiday-themed sweets.

The store was busy and I was very anxious/nervous. I ended up just ordering a dozen of misc pastries none holiday themed. They didnt have the holiday themed ones on their order form and I was too anxious or out of my element to ask about it so just rushed through.

Now I have to either just throw the stuff out and pretend it never happened, or show up with non-holiday themed pastries which I feel would just seem out of place.
>>
>>25181923
>Get checked for thyroid condition and lack of nutriment in your blood.Also, avoid lack of sleep at all cost
This is a very good advice
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.