[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw it. Actually liked the nigger. Poe was cool but seemed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 15
File: 1417216463676[1].png (168 KB, 628x262) Image search: [Google]
1417216463676[1].png
168 KB, 628x262
Just saw it. Actually liked the nigger. Poe was cool but seemed more of a plot device than a character. The autist was an autist and fuck that roastie whore. I actually liked the movie until the autist and roastie fought at which point I decided I hated the film.
>>
>Rey
>roastie

Rey has a qt innie you uninformed mutant.
>>
File: 1450109735727.jpg (298 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
1450109735727.jpg
298 KB, 2197x1463
>>25177947
Yeah i saw it last night. Boyega was pretty cool but kylo losing to roastie and that awful britbong accent she had kinda ruined it
>>
>>25177947
>Not liking Rey
And here I thought I'd faced all the shittest opinions this board could offer
>>
>>25177947
>>25178007

so our windu replacement is cool ?
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1130x873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1130x873
WE
E

was not original
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 200x176) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 200x176
WUZ
UZW
ZWU
>>
>>25178028
He's hardly a Windu replacement, but yeah he's cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 693x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 693x479
KINGS
INGSK
NGSKI
GSKIN
SKING
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 228x221
AND
NDA
DAN
>>
TRAITOR

-original-
>>
>>25178028
He is more of a black Luke without powers. Comes off as very likable
>>
>>25178028
If poe was the MC i would be content
>>
>>25177947
The only things I didn't like was that Rey could use the force almost instantly without any training. I also didn't like that Boyega could wield a lightsaber. Other than that great film. Look forward to the others but the problem with the future films is each one is going to be directed by a different director...
>>
>>25177947

he gave a really solid performance, I was surprised
>>
I hope the bromance between Poe and Finn grows in the next film.
>>
>>25178161
i haven't seen the movie yet, so he's not a force sensitive ?
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 628x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 628x262
SHIEEET!!!
H
I
E
E
E
T
!
!
!
>>
>>25178186
>I also didn't like that Boyega could wield a lightsaber
It's not like he did it well. He got rekt by a Stormtrooper and Kylo.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 942x762) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 942x762
This is the last one i have....
>>
>>25178200
No he's not.
>>
I feel like Finn was a very original character to the series. He had fear and could express it in a way the audience understood. I liked him a lot.
>>
>>25178200
They don't show him to be at any point. He was basically a storm trooper janitor who had to go on a mission to slaughter villagers and freaks out and goes awol
>>
I hope we get more of a look into his upbringing as a Stormtrooper in the next films. Or his apparent PTSD from the battles.

Maybe he doesn't fully agree with the Resistance ideology or something.

Like right now they've just kinda done this "I was bad but now I'm good" thing but it has so much more potential.
>>
>>25178028
WINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>25178289
im glad im not the only one who made jokes, mace dindu nuffin
>>
>>25178200
>>25178245
I feel he could be a decendant of Windus. Windu was more of a lifesaber duelist than a force user.
>>
So you guys all like the movie now?
>>
>>25178272
I'm convinced it was Luke's doing, somehow
Using the force from a distance or something
>>
>>25178308
>he believed the meme
You're such a good goy.
>>
>>25178271
>He was basically a storm trooper janitor

He was the top of his class and could have been an officer. He just wasn't fully indoctrinated and defected during his first deployment.
>>
>>25178315
Rey is Luke's child.
>>
>>25178272
He actually said something like "I was taken from my parents when I was born. Trained to be a stormtrooper all my life. Today was my first day in combat. When I saw what we were doing I knew it wasn't right."
It was more of a forced into a role he wasn't born into.
>>
>>25178298
Well he was pretty shit with a lightsaber too.

That being said, at the beginning of the film at the end of the battle, Kylo kind of looked back at him when returning to the ship or whatever. And then, when they were talking about who the traitor could've been, Kylo instantly knew it was Finn.

Could mean that Finn is possibly force-sensitive and Kylo could feel the light side of the force in him.
>>
>>25178326
I believed and still believe nothing, my mind is open and ready to be moulded.
>>
>>25178028
He has actually character unlike Rey that is the perfect mary sue.
>>
>>25178341
spoilers won't stop me
>>
File: Sans titre.jpg (68 KB, 698x330) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.jpg
68 KB, 698x330
>>25178308
http://strawpoll.me/6340110
>>
>>25178334
He tells Han he worked in sanitation
>>
>>25178308
The movie shit, but give credit to who has it, finn was an alright character so was kylo, the rest was a rehash of ANH but worse in everything.
>>
>>25178355
That's literally what a Stormtrooper is.

He never knew anything else until he left with Poe, just like the rest of the Stormtroopers.

He's grown up with their ideology and their beliefs shoved down his throat.

It's highly unrealistic that one day he'd just decide "nah it's all wrong the other guys are right see ya later". I mean Star Wars isn't exactly made for complex story but it would be interesting to see some kind of personal battle with Finn trying to decide who he sides with.
>>
>>25178341
Gee really
E
E

R
E
A
L
L
Y
>>
>>25178362
It was more likely that everyone saw him freak out and not shoot. The Cum Dumpster storm trooper saw it too
>>
>>25178414
>you can only ever do one thing at a time

He cleaned up the place when there was downtime from training.
>>
>>25178362
He could also sense Han Solo and Han isn't force sensitive...
>>
>>25178458
ya, just like the military irl
>>
>>25178461
Yeah but Han's his dad.
>>
>>25178448
Also true. I'm just making guesses desu.
>>
>>25178461
>Han isn't force sensitive...
>Implying
>>
>>25178362
Assuming that he's never practiced with a saber of any kind id say he stood his ground well against a sith. Granted, that sith was noob and shot to hell with a bazooka of a blaster. He picked up his mistakes in the previous fight with the stormtrooper. He also caught on quickly when manning the blaster son the ships. More examples relating to Windu's weapon mastery....
>>
>>25178556
Considering that one Stormtrooper had that melee weapon, I'm gonna take a guess and say that he had brief experience with that thing but who knows.

I see him just being an incredible shot rather than using the saber.
>>
File: 91-wvI3QQkL._SL1500_.jpg (228 KB, 1500x997) Image search: [Google]
91-wvI3QQkL._SL1500_.jpg
228 KB, 1500x997
I was really surprised with Boyega's performance. He's only ever been in one film before, and it was a really average British hood film with aliens.

No I'm not joking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD0gm7dHKKc
>>
>>25177947
If be OK with the fight if it was she who lost and had to leave injured.
She should not have been ready to fight him.
>>
>>25178613
>>25178556
It wasn't like he was that great of a shot. He was shooting at shit that didn't move with Poe and Ray did most of the work when they were in the Falcon
>>
>>25178672
>He was shooting at shit that didn't move with Poe

With a weapon he literally just learned how to use.

>Ray did most of the work when they were in the Falcon

Still incredibly hard to get hits when both you and your targets are darting around at crazy speeds and angles.
>>
>>25178672
>he was shooting at shit that didn't move

...when?!

Didn't they say he scored top marks in training as well?
I think it's safe to say he's exceptional in some way.
>>
I never saw it. Was the movie really about white genocide like the boycott star wars hashtag suggested? Was Boyega's character really the love interest of the girl?
>>
>>25178779
Absolutely 100% not, and no but possibly in the future.
>>
kylo is just literally wojack
>>
>>25178771
>exceptional in some way
bbc
b
c
>>
>>25178795
I'm happy that he isn't just some overpowered meme like Vader or the Emperor.

Looking forward to seeing his development as a character desu.
>>
>>25178779
>white genocide
No, but it did feature a nazi army with minority protagoists
>love interest
Finn was clearly interested in Rey (asked if she had a boyfriend) but it wasn't so clear with her
Possible Twilight situation with Finn and Poe in future movies
>>
>>25178873

I'm happy he wasn't overpowered as well, but he could have at least been cool. Something like Darth Maul level.
>>
>>25178910
I assume he's gonna improve now that the big boss man decided that it was time for him to complete his training.

By the end of the trilogy he'll be an absolute boss most likely.
>>
What the actual fuck? Cumdumpster without training beats the top shelf sith lord. Nigger puts up a fight against the very same, even cuts the guy. He is Anakin's grandson and he was taught by Luke himself before he turned to the dark side, yet an untrained nigger (not a Jedi or Sith) manages to wound him and a femanon beats him severely. How the fuck do they want anyone with common sense to look forward to the next movie for fuck sake?
>>
>>25178949
What was up with the North Korea overtones to Snokes? Supreme leader is a gay title.
>>
>>25179049
Confirmed for not watching the movie
>>
>>25178186
I was also annoyed that she could so easily use the force. In the original series Luke was only that strong after training with Yoda and Ben. Also everything was very predictable.
>>
File: dmitry-prozorov-jandice-barov.jpg (490 KB, 1707x1920) Image search: [Google]
dmitry-prozorov-jandice-barov.jpg
490 KB, 1707x1920
>>25179049

The Autist was a complete retard for some reason. Why was he crying before killing Han again?

He could throw the roastie into a fucking tree 2 minutes before she out-forced Luke's saber from him,,,
>>
>>25178334
What are you talking about, that wasn't in the movie.
>>
>>25179123
It was. She literally said it.
>>
>>25178643
Lol, I've seen this movie but didn't make the connection.
>>
>>25179073
>nazi imagery for the new order
>cold war situation with the starkiller base
>north korea overtones
>vietnam feel in the village at the beginning
Abrams has no idea what the fuck he is doing, that's what's up
>>
>>25179119
fucking marlyn manson looking prick could have killed her 10 times without even using his faggot ligh saber.
this film is bullshit all together.
>>
>>25179049
I haven't even seen the movie and I know this is wrong.
>>
>>25179147
She literally did not.
>>
>>25179049
First, he's not Sith. Secondly, he was injured by Chewie with a gun capable of one-shotting armored stormtroopers. He was also emotionally compromised.

One theory floating around is Rey is Luke's daughter considering the trailer implied he was speaking to a family member. Also that she is one of the people who was getting trained by Luke but dumped on the sand planet to save her from slaughter. The voice crying "don't go" during the flashback sequence is feminine.
>>
>>25178417
im reading wookipedia and apparently there's a little more backstory to finn. he seemed to always be an "empathetic" guy even during his stormtrooper training. apparently the other stormtrooper that died at in the beginning (who marked his helmet with blood), was his best friend, and that was their first "real" mission.
>>
>>25179192
It's a little exaggerated but it's true. I'm sorry.
>>
>>25177947
Just saw it like night

It was fucking garbage

Dialogue was cringe worthy

Literally 50% of the dialogue was an unfunny attempt at a one liner
>>
>>25179181
Couldn't that be said for every duel then?
>force-choke
>crush throat
>roll credits
>>
>>25179049
he was wounded and is a sperglord
>>
>>25179231
in duels with someone who uses the force, they protect themselves...

the 1 sec duels will be any force user vs non-force user
>>
>>25179318
why didnt he crush finn in one second then?

i still enjoyed the movie but some parts were really fucking stupid
>>
>>25179049
>not realising that the next movie could very well explain that

>not considering that Rey could have had training in the past, and had it wiped from her memory
Kylo mentions an island in water when he reads Rey's mind. As far as she's aware, she's never left Jakku.
Where does the film end? Oh right, on an island in water.
>>
File: I AM THIS MAD.jpg (85 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
I AM THIS MAD.jpg
85 KB, 500x475
>>25179333
because the autist was a fucking retard for some reason
>>
>>25178195
Same, that was one of the best parts. >>25178308
I loved it, but I'm a manchild with shit taste that even enjoys the prequels. It wasn't very good objectively.
>>
>>25179318
Before they were labeled fanfic, multiple examples of jedi's being force choked showed them being helpless and frozen.
>>
>>25179339
>Island in the Water
Force users have the ability to see the future too though.
>>
>>25179241
don't believe that the correct terminology changes that fact. also, him getting shot by a wookie is bullshit. someone with his powers could have easily blocked it. he is the most powerful knight (let's unite jedis, siths and whateverhaveyou) in the movie. also marlyn manson without makeup.
>>
So while Poe was cool, why the fuck does he just go missing when they crash the tie fighter and leave Jakku without even looking for BB8? For all he fucking knew Fin could have been sent to get BBs location
>>
>>25179431
I like you, it's obvious you are an actual Star Wars fan. This latest movie was nothing but a cash grab that didn't hold true to the star wars franchise amd was riddled with flawed logic
>>
>tfw no wedge antilles
>tfw no boba fett
>tfw no ahsoka tano
>tfw no jaina/jacen
couldnt jj at least implement SOME elements of the expanded universe??
>>
bottom line, it's episode IV, with a woman. the only difference is, luke didn't kill darth vader in episode 4, or damaged him in any way, while this bitch literally rekt him
i also believe that ray is luke's daughter and that major part of the next part will be her training. i bet yoda and obi van's spirit will also be there to help her become the jedi of all jedies and she'll rek marlyn manson 2.0 again in hand to hand.
>>
>>25179480
To be honest I had major problems with Kylo getting shrekt by the girl as well, but really he got hit by Chewies gun and killed his own father which he didn't actually want to do. Combine the two and that guy is super distraught and unable to process anything correctly. He just charged into battle with Finn and her without regard to strategy, which smart Jedi and Sith use.

For example, a guy in delta force won't be much better than your typical gun nut who practices shooting a lot if they just ran into combat guns blazing. One of the reasons they're so effective is because they attempt to out maneuver and outsmart their enemies rather than just brute force them to death.
>>
>>25179619
Lol boba fart
>>
>>25179649
you must be aware of the existance of dark rage and other forms of dark side energy releases. fucking lightning on a nigga would turn him to coal.
>>
I saw this in my timeline posted by a literal polygamous pansexual hamplanet.
>>
>>25179718
That doesn't mean she's any less right.
>>
>>25179049

>sith lord

nigga he ain't a sith lord. He's not even gone full dark side yet.
>>
>>25179480
Thanks bro, I felt the humor in the film was too Disney kid friendly and felt forced. I also expected it to be a rehashed version of one of the original films because that what JJ always does.
>>
>>25179696
Of course, but he wasn't in a rage. He was distraught cause he killed his own dad, not mad. He really wasn't channeling the force correctly at all
>>
>>25179619
Disney declared all EU non-canon
Wedge was old in the Original trilogy is that guy even still alive?
We have to assume Boba is dead.
>>
>>25179751
Luke undergoes adversity and a significant amount of character development.

Han is shown as never fucking having his act together at any point and was a total asshole who only really relents and becomes a hero in the third film.

I refuse to acknowledge the prequels exist
>>
>>25179718

It may have been posted by a hamplanet, but it's not inaccurate. Especially since Rey, like Luke and Anakin, is force sensitive, which probably helps her be good at a bunch of shit.

Plus I get the feeling that her identity, and how she's so good at all that stuff, is going to be a major plot point in episode VIII or IX.
>>
>>25178271
His back story states he was an excellent marksman, top of his class, and officer material. Normally troopers are conditioned to accept imperial propaganda and shit but Finn freaked the fuck out murdering villagers and went awol. He had been in there since he was a child so at some point he was a janitor.
>>
>>25179718
>Luke destroyed Death Star after training in force with Ben and became a Jedi after training with Yoda
>Han became all that shit after decades of being a smuggler
>Anakin became all that shit after decades of studying Jedi arts

>bitch mastered Force Deception and then defeated a sith lord without any previous training, having never held a lightsaber before
>BUT OF COURSE EVERY PREVIOUS CHARACTER IS JUST AS BAD
>>
>>25179815
they actually asked dennis lawson to reprise the role of wedge but he said no

at first i was thinking the old man in the beginning was wedge or something. he was about luke's age, why would he be dead?

>>25179882
to be fair the autist wasnt really a full fledged sith lord yet
>>
>>25178416
are you kidding me? kylo was a fucking piece of shit character
>>
>>25178643
this movie came up on the tv one day and my brother just walked in and said "oh it's that nigga from star wars"
>>
>>25179164
i had this feeling that they were trying to subtly push an "all enemies of murica are the sith" propaganda shit for a moment
>>
>not liking ray

ray was fucking hot
>>
>>25177947
yeah I also disliked the roastie whore, and the autist was a pussyboy
The film was cool though, I'd be fine with the nigger being the Jedi like Mace Windu 2.0
>>
He got to meet my husbando. Don't care for Star Wars though but the guy seems nice.
>>
>>25178186
The fact Rey learned to use the Force that fast was the thing that made me hate the film.

>Lost EU not included
>>
File: 1450814304830.png (58 KB, 898x628) Image search: [Google]
1450814304830.png
58 KB, 898x628
IT WAS A HORRIBLE FILM TBQH WITH YOU FAMPAIS

HORRIBLE
>>
File: awyattman.jpg (49 KB, 599x340) Image search: [Google]
awyattman.jpg
49 KB, 599x340
this sums up the whole movie

/r9k/, with jews YOU lose
>>
>>25181921
>assuming that there isn't more to it that will be revealed in future films
>>
>>25182328
The possibility of an explanation later doesn't excuse the dubious state those plot points are in now. What you're saying is literally the same principle people use to defend shit vanilla video games: "It's alright, there's DLC coming later that'll fix and clarify everything!"
>>
>>25179619
Kylo was basically a modified jacen solo. Close enough for me. I though the character was perfect. Only sticking point was I think the first time his helmet should have come off was on the bridge, right before he kills Han. Would have added even more depth to that scene. No need for him to take it off during the interrogation of Rey.
>>
>>25178643
>British hood movie
lolwut
>with aliens
makes much more sense
>>
>>25180918
It's Ray and... Agreed I find her attractive
>>
>>25182243
she looks pretty happy t.bh
>>
>>25178244
>Star Wars revenge of the Goyim
>>
>>25181921
Midichlorians m8
>>
>>25179464

Maybe he went back to the village and heard about their very public escape from the landlord alien
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.