[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do if you don't enjoy video games and movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: I8QlqUVh.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
I8QlqUVh.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
What do you do if you don't enjoy video games and movies anymore ? I stopped playing video games and watching movies 2 years ago, I just don't enjoy them and find them boring and unsatisfying. Is it because I get older and more mature or am I just depressed ? Was anyone of you in the same situation as me ? How did you overcome it ?
>>
Video games are shit, so you can disregard them.

Watch better movies for a start, if you were just watching blockbuster crap then i don't knwo what you were expecting. If you have actually branched out and still don't enjoy film, then that's fair enough.

Get into literature. It's time consuming with a great and varied collection of works, so should keep you busy.
>>
try to watch a TVshow or an Anime.
>>
>>25178605
If he doesn't enjoy film then i don't see him enjoying tv, considering the quality is generally worse.

Anime is okay, but only appeals to a niche, and really the repetitive tropes get tiring after watching a number of shows.
>>
>>25177639
Modern entertainment has gone down the shitter. Hopefully it is just a phase and things become good again but I doubt it. At least there are still a few gems made each year.
>>
>>25178550
>>25178605
>>25178642
>>25178647
I watched various type of movies like mad max, spectre, avengers etc and played AAA games like fallout 4, BO3, etc and I usually lose interest in a couple of minutes and just close them. I am losing hope, its not that movies and games are generally bad in the recent years but I think that I am the problem. I have completely lost joy in everything I enjoyed.
>>
I have no means of effective escapism left.

It's becoming too much of a burden to continue onward...

I think about ending this boring life everyday.
>>
I went through that somewhat, I was starting to find less enjoyment in games. I just had to try harder to enjoy them, and look for better games to play. That's really the key, you gotta expand your interests. There's thousands of games out there, you need to keep searching for good ones.
>>
>>25178757
>fallout 4
>BO3

Yeah those games are shit compared to old ones but if you think the problem is with you then you are probably right. I would still suggest trying some older games or replaying a game you used to love when you were younger, you might enjoy it more.
>>
I have the same problem at the moment. I just come on here and read wiki pages until I get an urge to play a game.
>>
>>25178820
>>25178841
The thing is its not just games, I played old games, new game etc I just generally don't enjoy things I used to enjoy. Video games were my primary way to entertain myself.
>>
>>25177639
I used to feel the same way about playing videogames anon, but recently I started playing dota and I'm really enjoying it.
>>
>>25178757
>watching and playing the shittiest of the respective medias
Dumbass
>>
>>25178757
I learned to play piano,you can als try to download FL Studio or something and produce music.
>>
>>25178879
I have tried like every genre and every popular games there are. Data 2, LoL, Hearthstone, Fifa, CS:GO etc I just don't enjoy them. I used to design websites for a hobby and now I don't enjoy that anymore.
>>
>>25178935
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that as well. I downloaded FL studio and experimented with it for a couple days. I made some house music with couple applications but I lost interest in that field as well.
>>
>>25178962
watch some tutorials on yt. Do you have SC?
>>
I ran into this exact problem today. I got so bored of video games and movies I left the house just because i was so bored
>>
>>25177639
i take pcp and smoke weed senpai
>>
>>25179080
I don't feel motivated to do that. I would rather learn a programming language but I just feel weak and unmotivated to do that.
>>
>>25179110
I wanted to try adderal but I don't know how to get it, should I make an appointment with a psychologist ?
>>
>Bought less than 5 games this year
>TPP and Witcher 3 where unimaginative, repetitive shit and I can't even be bothered ot played the others
>>
>>25179139
i sell european speed paste (amphetamine sulfate)
it's basically the same as adderall and dirt cheap ($5/g which is basically 25x30mg adderal)

i would advise against it. you'll probably waste the high fappimg rather than doing something productive
>>
>>25177639

I started learning how to play guitar, which replaced the time I used to spend on games.

Still watch movies, just not as often. I generally go to bed earlier and feel better.
>>
>>25179106
Where'd you go, what'd you do?
>>
>>25179226
I would rather try a type of methylphenidate but it's really difficult to get them legally in Germany
>>
you're not alone anon
i don't enjoy anything anymore
>>
>>25179353
but how do we cure it ? Drugs, alcohol, sex, suicide ?
>>
>>25179415
>alcohol
Gets old after a while too. I just ended up needing more until I passed out.

>Drugs
I wish. The deepweb is too fed infiltrated and scary nowadays.

>sex
lol

>suicide
Best solution if you're brave enough.
>>
>>25179415
by suicide
>>
Can you guys post the wojak and pepes are best friends images?
>>
I'm having the same problem op, I used to draw and play games, it barely does anything for me now
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.