[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Furious at libraries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 530x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 530x596
I lost my temper and pitched a fit at the public library yesterday. I was issued at $300.00 citation for disturbing the peace and I am furious.

>be me
>be without a car but wanting to rent some movies
>movies at the library are free
>walk to the library and grab two flicks
>check out and the card says I owe $7.85 in late fees
>that's incorrect, I returned them, they simply weren't processing correctly
>argue with the clerk and ask to speak to her manager
>manager is a 70 year old man, who doesn't really know how to work the computer correctly
>he says he doesn't have the ability to unlock the charge without payment
>I ask if I can see the system to process the credit since I was charged incorrectly
>he refuses and I shout at him
>Police are called and I'm glad, I want to resolve this by the rule of law
>continue to shout, people leave the library

Long story short, I couldn't calm down and now I have a huge ticket to resolve.
Does anyone know if it's best to bring a lawyer to court?
>>
>pay 8 dollars
OR
>pay $300

You chose wrong
>>
>download unauthorized copy of film online
OR
>walk to the library and get something you might not even like

You chose wrong.
>>
Fuck you guys. Haven't you ever had to deal with unhelpful customer service? I feel like I was smarter than everyone in the building
>>
>>25178042
That's your problem.
Youre an idiot but you think you're smart
>>
>>25178131
This tbqh

I don't even believe this story is true but if it's true dude try to internalize that you aren't the hero in this story. You went in, way over reacted and yelled at a 70 year old librarian. That's not cool.
>>
>>25177582

Violence only makes things worse in everyday, civilian arguments.
You sound like a jerk, bullying that old guy.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=385_1372438658
>>
>>25178190

You don't understand. By law they have to give me a chance to correct the problem, even though it is their problem!!
>>
>>25177582
>rent movies at uni library
>try to return them two weeks later (can renew them online once)
>library is closed for three days due to winter break intermission (25-27)
>turns out they charge $1 late fee for each day
>3 movies and 3 fucking booklets inside them cost me $18
>try to explain that they were closed on due date, but they aren't having it
>pay the bastards anyway since they'll suspend my card until I clear things up with uni's small claims department

I agree, they can be straight up assholes even when they're in the wrong.
>>
>>25178388
Not by physically allowing you to use their system idiot
>>
>Be me
>Sitting in the library, studying
>Morbidly obese neckbeard comes in
>Slithers way over to the movie isle
>2 films get caught in his orbit
>Stutters at the library clerk
>Jabba starts sperging out
>Leave before he shoots up the place with the gun hidden in his many folds
>>
>>25177675
This.

You do sound like you let the anger get the better of you. Just angrily download movies until you get $300 worth of entertainment from this unfair society and watch them to help you forget how upset you are.
>>
>>25177582
Just pay the fine, if you go to court you're guaranteed to sperg out, get held in-contempt, sent to jail and analy raped
>>
>>25177582
How do you know it's not on you? How will you prove that it was processing incorrectly? Unless you can do that, pay the $300.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 380x380
>>25178740

You seem to have me confused with a nigger who would steal these things. I am no black.

Any I couldn't download them anyway, I borrow my neighbors wifi so my download speed is bad
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 800x800
>>25178863

I could if the would let me into that god damn system. They absolutely refused to listen to me.
>>
>Be me
<BE Me
>ne me
>be me thb
>be
>me
desu
>>
>>25178867
>I'm not a nigger
>using neighbors wifi
Anon, just apply for welfare already
>>
>>25178863
This. If you can't provide proof that you are in the right, then pay the fine. If you plan to get all Noble Citizen Lawyer at the hearing, and demand give records, then you might be fucked, especially if you sperg out.
>>
>>25178867
Maybe rent Les Miserables next time instead of Judge Dredd, Mr. Law and Order.
>>
>>25177582
We're you wearing a trenchcoat and beret at the time? That's how I imagined the encounter.
>>
Sup tupperware senpai
>>
>>25178867
>I'm not a low down filthy thief
>...but I would be if I had a better internet connection.
Hating things you don't or can't have.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.