[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is anyone else afraid of driving?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1391325996498.jpg (27 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1391325996498.jpg
27 KB, 241x228
is anyone else afraid of driving?
>>
>>25176292
Driving's easy if you live in some rural or suburban area.

It's hell if you're in york or jersey
>>
why?
are you scared of being a passenger too?
>>
I am. I failed the driving test just earlier today and now my parents call me a loser.
>>
>>25176328
i ran over a bird once. it was devastating
>>
File: 1447855333451.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447855333451.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
I'm not afraid of driving but I constantly have dreams were the brakes on the car are ether really shitty or don't work at all thus I crash into shit all the time in dreams but still have my "oh well" kind of attitude. Something I'd surely freak the fuck out about if I ever got into a real crash.

its kind of like my mind knows its a dream and subconsciously tells my brains "its okay its just a dream! crash that fucking car into that expensive one!"
>>
>>25176322
It's easy, but the consequences of a mistake can be costly or deadly. Being a passenger of an inattentive driver is scary as fuck
>>
Yes, and it doesn't help that where I am the roads are terribad
>>
Yes. And I've had my license for years and I've had to drive to work daily.

I got in a car wreck with a nigger who didn't have insurance and lost my sweet ride and I'm pretty sure I have PTSD.
>>
>>25176349
you are, in fact, a loser, anon.
sorry you suck
>>
Yes. I only walk.

>fuck crashing into a tree with a car and flying out the windshield
>fuck getting buttcrashed by a car when peacefully riding a bike
>fuck crashing into a skyscraper with a plane
>fuck crashing into a floating fucking ice mountain with a boat
>fuck crashing into the sun with a space rocket
>fuck everything but my reliable feet combined with my superior intelligence allowing me to avoid any danger
>fuck this comment not being original because I deleted it so I could fix a mistake and repost it
>>
I got my license for four years now and I still loathe driving in busy traffic sometimes.

It's not as bad as it used to be and i'm getting over it slowly.
>>
i'll be going at my second attempt to get my license tomorrow
wish me luck
i'm really bad at this
sometimes i will be very distracted and others i will obsess over one thing and completely disregard other things that require attention on the road
i'm bad at this, as i said
>>
Sort of, but mostly because where i am, the drivers are retarded fucks who speed and dont obey the traffic laws. Also terrible roads
>>
The only way to stop being afraid of driving is to drive more
>>
>>25176292
>tfw hydroplaned into an old Camry
>tfw don't trust the brakes/wheels anymore
>>
>>25176399
i get this same dream, but i'm freaking out when it happens. Usually my brakes barely work so i end up rear ending cars and crashing into walls.
>>
Daily reminder that if you're over 18 and do not have your license you will never get a gf, no matter what, unless you live in certain cities.
>>
File: image.png (278 KB, 652x589) Image search: [Google]
image.png
278 KB, 652x589
>>25176844
I'm 19 with no license. Never got a permit. I live in a pretty big city, but I'd rather die than conform. Fact is 95% of people with cars are NORMIES
>>
>>25176844
20 with no permit
multiple gfs and fuckbuddies
no future but the hoes beg to provide it for me

I am chad
>>
>>25176349
How difficult are they usually? I read about normies driving for only a few hours, lying and then passing the test. How can you and I have such a poor aptitude for driving? I've driven probably 50 hours, and I know I won't pass it.
>>
>>25176844
born and raised in nyc, 24 hour public transportation, infinite taxi's/ubers at any time of the day or night and bars close at 4am, no car needed or wanted here
>>
File: catdog.jpg (63 KB, 368x700) Image search: [Google]
catdog.jpg
63 KB, 368x700
>grew up in rural indiana
>never put much thought into having to drive in high stress traffic
>join military
>get stationed in Washington DC
>literally learned how to drive all over again
>came back home on reserve duty
>driving in Indianapolis was a joke
>last year though got rear ended on 465
>was fine
>car got fixed
>now scared of highway again
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.