[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so impossible to get a grip on my life? Why are my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: desktop-1419886289.jpg (61 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
desktop-1419886289.jpg
61 KB, 610x458
Why is it so impossible to get a grip on my life?

Why are my habits so shitty and my actions so self-destructive?

Why, despite all my logic and cognitive reasoning telling me what I could do to dramatically improve my life, do I continue to do nothing and wallow in total frustration and misery?

Why?
>>
What is it that you want ? Money ?
I've experienced the human condition of jobs, sex and relationships

Its just easier and lazier just to do nothing most of the time besides shit post and sleep
>>
>>25173782
>he believes in freewill

god damnit fuck off robot
>>
Because everything is awful for forever, none of us are making it out alive, and life is meaningless. Now shut up and fap or watch TV or whatever else it is you do.
>>
You're afraid of failure so you self-sabotage to avoid facing the fact that your abilities are mediocre and your best might actually not be good enough. I do the same thing
>>
>>25173782

Probably because deep down, you don't believe it's worth it.
>>
File: 1448722431266.jpg (96 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1448722431266.jpg
96 KB, 650x650
>>25175518
This

Which is why it's important to see examples of shit not done right, see examples of how things fucked up, see that the actual average for performance in whatever you want to accomplish is surprisingly low, and systems are all held up by toothpicks/ duct tape.

You set the bar lower, and you get that "Now I wanna jump high again!" spirit back.

Do this, but also don't exert all your effort in one blow. Instead focus that raw energy on making your productive tasks a habit. Break your task/ goal down. Do 2 productive things a day. Small things. If you skip out, do 10 pushups and 10 crunches.
Done.
Those are your two things if you were lazy all day.

It's okay to be lazy as well, but the trick of making productive tasks a habit is a life hack that's worth putting into a lazy lifestyle. It allows you to be even lazier. Once you hit the 7 week mark, it becomes drastically easier to pick yourself up and apply yourself to the productive tasks.
>>
>>25175627
Also to note, when I talk about breaking down goals, I don't mean this as a "it makes accomplishing it easier"

No, you're training to make "being productive" a habit in your daily life. You can probably do crunch time and accomplish that goal in 4 hours of concentrated work. Don't.

Yes you get it done, but you're rewarding the "wait till last minute and get it all done" behaviour in your brain.
The point of breaking it down is to break that habit and build the new more "better for your life/ mood" one.
>>
File: 1450654175319.png (37 KB, 708x581) Image search: [Google]
1450654175319.png
37 KB, 708x581
>>25175118
Yawn.

>>25173782
Don't be so dramatic. You're just comfortable with where you are and rationalize it as you being unable to do anything because of some fundamental flaw. You're going to have to accept that you've been in a ditch for a while, and doing things that are actually productive - climbing out of the hole - will take some effort. It'll always be easier to destroy, waste, dissipate, than it is to create, build, cultivate OP. That's why it's so easy for people who are already in a cycle of defeatism; because it asks nothing from you. It's comfortable and it relaxes your anxieties.

Forget the long term. Don't paralyze yourself by overthinking who, what and where you have to improve and don't psychologically flay yourself by bringing up all the bad shit from the past. When that happens take a breathe and "ask yourself what is really happening in my life in the present".

We all fuck up man. The hidden challenge of fucking up is integrating the whole experience into yourself by accepting it and moving on, not using it as a weapon against yourself.
You gotta merge with yourself man. Look at things square in the eye
>>
>>25173782
some people are born losers and some people are born winners OP thats just the way it works
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.