[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here has been diagnosed with ADHD? How long did it take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
Who here has been diagnosed with ADHD?

How long did it take for you to get diagnosed? How well did treatment work?
>>
>>25170217
>falling for meme disorders
>>
>>25170264
It's a meme disorder in that everyone pretends they have it because they're special snowflakes. It really exists though. Anyone who's experienced not being able to sit down and focus on something for more than 30 seconds understands it.
>>
Got diagnosed when I was 18. My psychiatrist did some tests with me and immediately evaluated them. By the end of the appointment I already got Ritalin prescribed.

I dropped out of high school when I was 16. After the diagnosis I went to night classes in order to finally graduate. Im 23 now and I will graduate from university next year. Ritalin/Adderall wont magically solve all your problems but it sure helps a lot.
>>
>>25170360
What kind of tests?
>>
>>25170379
One was about how I was during my childhood. The questions were more or less asking straight if you had any ADHD symptoms during your childhood. For example: "Did you attract negative attention because you were talking loudly during class?"
The answers went from "Everyday" to "Never". My psychiatrist said that they use this test all around the world so you will certainly have to do a similar one.

The second one was pretty much the same but was targeted at your current situation.
>>
I got diagnosed when I was about 7, treatment helped a lot in the short run but loading me up on high doses of stimulants everyday fucked my brain
>>
>>25170770
It surely is important to be cautious with ADHD medication. Ritalin got me into amphetamines and other drugs. Even though it all worked out in the end it could have just aswell fucked my life up even further
>>
>>25170217
I got diagnosed in the 5th grade and I'll never know if the treatment would have worked because I spit the pills out on the way to the fuckin bus stop. I took them the first day and they made me feel nasty and throw up so I just didn't take them after that.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.