[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>5th driving lesson >teacher tells me i still don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: Storybookweaver.png (63 KB, 641x481) Image search: [Google]
Storybookweaver.png
63 KB, 641x481
>5th driving lesson
>teacher tells me i still don't press the throttle enough when coming off the clutch
>that i'm too stiff and tense when i drive
>that it seems like i'm scared of driving and i need to get over it

How do you even learn to drive when you are a nervous wreck who is scared of everything?
>>
Do what i did.

Give up.
>>
File: lexus-is-350-2007-1.jpg (188 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
lexus-is-350-2007-1.jpg
188 KB, 1200x797
I was tense and stressed too when i drove for lessons. My driving instructor said exactly the same to me, did not help a thing senpai. Just try to relax and think that you're alone in the car. You will eventually get the license don't worry about that. I got it after failing my exam two times. Third time is the charm. Now when i drive by my own, i am super relaxed and confident in traffic. All i can say is don't worry, it will get better.
Pic related, currently driving my fathers car almost every day.
>>
>>25168056
Imagine me learning how to drive a tractor=trailer combo
>>
>>25169013
I hope so. It doesn't help that i live in the city so i have to learn to drive in the city. I get extremely nervous when there is a lot of traffic which is most of the time and have to do stuff quickly like making a left turn at an intersection which is where i usually end up stalling the car and everybody honks at me.
>>
>>25168056
>driving teacher said I want ready to get my license
>next day pass my driving test with no problems and get my license
>3.5 years later driving is second nature

Breh just stop thinking about it. Stop worrying. You're scared and nervous? So what? You're an inexperienced driver so obviously you're going to be an unconfident driver. Don't obsess over it, just don't worry about it. Keep driving, keep getting experience, and learn from your mistakes. Don't do anything you're not comfortable doing. The more experienced you are the more comfortable you'll be doing things.
>>
>>25169065
You're nervous when making a left turn at an intersection? You can only go when it's a green light. When it's a green arrow you're free to go no matter what, when its just a green light you're free to go as long you aren't going to hit a car when you turn. Are you braindead?
>>
The most effective way to be less nervous is to drive more.
I was very nervous and i still have a little bit left but now i have lots of more experience so i'm very compared to how i was before.
You need to have a good teacher too that doesn't put you in too difficult situations but still pushes you a little bit. He should only push you to things that you think that you can't do but can actuallly do.
>>
>>25168056
i havent learned to drive yet and im 18. im really banking on living in a city like portland where i can ride a bike.
>>
>>25169090
I was told to position myself in the middle of the intersection then wait until traffic was clear and then go.

Which i screwed up
>>
>>25168056
ive never even gotten driving lessens. im so agoraphobic and having someone try to teach me how to operate something dangerous is just too much.
>>
>>25169065
I also had to drive in a city when taking lessons. Believe me it will get better eventually. Had to drive to Amsterdam yesterday to pick something up in the centre and it was horror considering traffic, just try to relax and have an attitude of i don't give a fuck and it'll go well. Also driving in the city is only a very very little part of your exam, at least here it is.
>>
File: j.jpg (12 KB, 314x137) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
12 KB, 314x137
I always found it easy, though since it is manual take it seriously and try to learn on your own with one of your parents and learn where the friction point is 120%. Stalling at a red-light or something of the likes, and it's one easy way to have some retard ram right into your ass because he wasn't paying attention (Women).
>>
File: 1271603225878.jpg (183 KB, 716x494) Image search: [Google]
1271603225878.jpg
183 KB, 716x494
>>25169152
I don't know if its gonna get better i've had like 7 hours of driving experience now and i don't feel like its gotten better at all. I'm scared as hell when i drive and by the end of it i feel so fucking stupid that i feel like bursting out in tears which i usually end up doing when i come home.
>>
>>25169586
Trust me it will get better, the first 20 hours were the worst in my experience. After that it will go easier and with more confidence. Try to get lessons that are two hours long, it helped me a lot. I took about 40 lessons in total before i passed my exam. Don't worry, you have the time and are only just beginning to learn how to drive.
>>
>>25169635
By 40 lessons i mean 40 hours in total.
>>
>>25169635
>>25169658
I hope so. I feel like i just get told off for doing things wrong the entire time so i always end up with less confidence when i started. I'm gonna ask for 2 hour sessions instead next time though.
>>
File: 1446373702950.png (37 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1446373702950.png
37 KB, 633x758
>24
>haven't driven once since I got my license 3 years ago
>can only drive automatic transmission
>>
>>25169678
The first lessons are always the hardest ones, don't let them bring you down. I know you'll improve (a lot) and get your license, you won't be the only one who doesn't get their license becahse eventually everyone gets it. Also a tip, try to begin earlier with downshifting and slowing down when you are nearing an intersection or roundabout or corner. It helps a lot since them you have more time to react to the situation.
If I may ask, where do you live where you take your driving lessons?
>>
>>25169739
I take them in copenhagen
>>
>>25168056
Just get used to it, thats all it takes
Different cars have different clutches as well. I had a Camry with probably the most annoying clutch ever in it, and ive driven a Holden Commodore Ss with an amazing, easy to use clutch. My current car has retarded gear ratios that make the second to third change difficult
If youre English or in any non-american Anglo nation, you could probably get away with it just by having a bitch with the instructor about how bad the clutch is. Chances are, they will agree
>>
I am also learning to drive manual, currently passed 13 of 18 driving lessons required and still get nervous a lot when driving in the town, especially when I dont know the intersections (I am new here and the town is unfamiliar). It also depends on the instructors, some are good and know how to calm you and others make you even more nervous which leads to more mistakes.
>>
>>25169586

7 hours of driving is nothing m8 and im pretty sure you are doing fine.The following months after you get your license you really learn how to drive. I would advise you to drive alone, have some chill music to listen to , and go for 1-2 hour drives. Or if you have a skilled driver friend ask him for help. A cousin of mine who is younger than me helped me at the start. He drives better than professional truckers and he explained lots of things. Good luck and don't get discouraged. It takes time.
>>
>>25169846
My instructor makes me feel like i should be getting it down already. I can't really tell with him.

Thanks for the advice, i will try to do that if i ever get the license.
>>
>>25168056
I had the same problem. I just stopped taking lessons after a while. Still can't drive and it's been 10 years.

"Why are you so nervous, anon"
I dunno, maybe because I'm in control of this vehicle which I don't know how to drive and which can go god knows how many MPH and I've seen what happens to people in car wrecks, you fucking bellend.
>>
>>25169898
Some instructors are like that. They were never nervous themselves when they were learning so they don't understand why other people are nervous. My friend had the same experience but then he got a different driving instructor and things went a lot better.
>>
File: 1404287254356.png (303 KB, 724x669) Image search: [Google]
1404287254356.png
303 KB, 724x669
>>25168138
Same senpai, I feel like shit for quiting but I felt worse learning to drive...
>>
>>25169699
>23
>never driven a day in my life
>>
>>25170198
OP here. I'm almost 26 and i'm just learning to drive. It's been a pretty awful experience for me but maybe you'll do better. I'm not good at pretty much anything
>>
>>25170369
i dunno op, going to be getting some lessons start of next year
pretty scared desu
>>
Guys, complete retards can learn how to drive. It's really fucking easy. Think of it this way. It's not "Will i learn how to drive?" , it's "How long will it take me to learn how to drive?"

You will be anxious ,you will do stupid shit but that's all normal at the start. Some months after you get your license you will realize that drivings is really easy and enjoyable.
>>
>>25170473
ah no
for our generation its something like 12%? that don't get licenses
doesn't mater anyway
5 years and self driving cars will be mainstream
>>
>fail my licence test
>declare that I will never drive again
3 years and running
>>
I started crying during one of my driving lessons. I'm a 24yo guy. I stopped after that lesson.
>>
>that good feel when got my license

Pic related me and my car
>>
>>25171880
Looking fly, bro. Bet that pussay wagon picks up more chicks than a shitty Honda.
>>
>>25168056
It's natural to feel nervous when doing things you don't have a lot of experience with, especially when it's something that requires immense amounts of concentration, splitting your attention and can possibly kill you. Your driving instructor is being hard on you.
>>
Why are males so feminine and fragile now? Every time we have a thread about struggling with something several people join in saying they tried it and gave up. Do you honestly think thats's an acceptable way to live our life?
>>
>>25168056
What helped me get through was thinking that I was inside a puzzle game, where I had to press certain button combos to solve each problem.
I managed to get my license on the second try, but I still haven't had the courage to drive since then (6 years ago).
>>
>>25169104
Have you considered moving to somewhere in Europe?
>>
>>25171946
yes?
why wouldn't it be
>>
>>25171946
What board do you think you're in?
>>
Driving class is a dumber meme than no singles policy. Do you wear SquarePants and get yelled at by a Ms Puff too?

Fucking hell, I played Mario kart and burnout 33 to ready fordriving test. It's literally exactly like in vidya. I did speed read through the license manual once, just to learn green means go, don't pass school bus when the flashing do not pass sign is flashing, and the speed limit is the speed limit posted on speed limit signs.

Naturally I passed both on the first try, theory and practical. I still hate driving because there's no fun power ups or anything fun little early that, but it gets we where I'm going.
>>
>>25171946
There's countless other things. There's no reason to keep at something when you can instead try something else. Unless you're a testosterone monster who gets off on overcoming obstacles, no matter now trivial or useless they may be.
>>
>>25172046
This post seems familiar
>>
>>25172046
uh
what country do you live in?
we need 100 hours of supervised driving where i live
>>
I was scared at first too and my teacher was a huge asshole that made me feel bad for everythhing I did. I got my license but now my fear has turned into pure anger: I really shouldnt be driving at all. Every time I get this urge to run people over. Call it edgy but once Im driving it just runs trhiugh my head all the time when I see pedestrians
>>
>>25172162
>I was scared at first too and my teacher was a huge asshole that made me feel bad for everythhing I did.

Pretty much what happened today. I felt so stupid during my lesson but at the same time he keeps telling me that i need to have confidence when driving but it's pretty hard when he is telling you that you are doing pretty much everything wrong.

I'm not gonna give up just yet though. I feel like if i give up that fucker will win.
>>
>>25172193
The fucker atually wants to destroy your confidence so he can let you do more lessons and get more money. At least thats what mine did. Just remember the instructor does not give a single shit about you and any of his students. Its his job to be a dick. Just give your best and try to drive exactly how he wants you to. Also I wouldnt recommend taking huge breaks. Do it all at once.

Im still so mad
>>
>>25169113

Next time stop behind the white line and wait until the coast is clear. People do sneak out in the midle of the intersection but it's dangerous and really isn't any faster than just waiting for the light. The center of the intersection doesn't have sensors anyway, so the light may never come if you do that.
>>
>>25172060
There is plenty of reason to keep trying when you fail. Perseverance and determination are positive character traits that you will call on all throughout your life. You're not doing yourself any favors by being a defeatist loser. Instead of mocking masculinity with garbage like "testosterone monster" you ought to look at yourself and ask some serious questions like why you don't have the drive to continue with anything challenging? Why do you cry like a little girl when your feelings are hurt? What did your parents do to enable your learned helplessness. If you need a shrink, see a shrink. Also where did you people get the idea that /r9k/ is a spacespace for cowards? That has never been the case.
>>
>>25172248
I'm doing my next on monday. I had two lessons this week yesterday and today. I've only paid for the government mandated lessons(about 20 hours driving in total) for me to take the exam. When those are over i'll see what happens.

>>25172272
My instructor has told me that i have to sneak out into the middle everytime. The reason i fucked up is that he said "go quickly or some shit" and i paniced and stalled
>>
>>25172334
>Perseverance and determination
nice meme
>Why do you cry like a little girl when your feelings are hurt?
because life is trash
>>
>>25172366
>nice meme
Oh I'm talking to a retard. Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>25172377
i'm not op
why would anyone keep doing something that is hard and they suck at it? makes no sense
>>25172338
are you Australian op?
>>
>>25172410
Driving isn't hard you fucking retard. It's the most basic thing. Honestly if u feel like it's too hard to learn to drive then just kill yourself.
>>
>>25172410
Close. Danish.
>>
>>25172441
ah ok
aussie driving laws are bullshit
>>25172436
it might not be hard in your country, but its pretty fucking hard over here
>Honestly if u feel like it's too hard to learn to drive then just kill yourself.
so what happened to that macho shit just before Perseverance and determination and all that garbage?
>>
>>25172410
>why would anyone keep doing something that is hard and they suck at it? makes no sense
Because it's worth doing
Because you get a little better each time you try (unless you have a learning disability)
Because succeeding at things you once failed gives you an exciting rush of brain chemicals
Because succeeding at things you once failed at makes you a more confident (and more attractive as a result) person
Because it gives you goals to work toward and something to focus on besides feeling sorry for yourself
>>
>>25172464
>so what happened to that macho shit just before Perseverance and determination and all that garbage?
That's a different person. You know how 4chan works right?
>>
>>25172493
so basically you are a little bitch and a slave to fake good feelings
got it
>>
>>25172552
So basically you're just determined to be a loser and looking for any small thing you can to handwave my argument away. What a fucking waste of time. Fuck you.
>>
>>25169068
>>>/facebook/
God, you fucking normalfags need to leave.
>>
>>25172583
doesn't feel good does it?
maybe you should think about that in the future before you handwave peoples problems
>>
>>25172610
He's 100% right. If you have no reasonable counterargument, just kill yourself.
>>
File: 1243464075759.jpg (11 KB, 327x388) Image search: [Google]
1243464075759.jpg
11 KB, 327x388
>>25168056
>storybookweaver

Shit nigger

I used to use that back in grade 6 to make horribly violent stories, I had characters like Old Man Hobo and Bob the Terrorist and would draw them blowing up the whitehouse and getting run over by sports cars. Good times. This was 2001 btw
>>
File: nervous_frog.png (96 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
nervous_frog.png
96 KB, 241x228
>tfw still nervous as fuck when I have to park in a spot that isn't angled 45 degrees
>>
>>25172699
no need to worry about that anymore anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OPESlV1sQA
>>
I was the same OP. I was scared to drive even after I got my license. It just takes practice. Eventually you'll just get used driving.
>>
>>25172611
>I-i was just pretending to be retarded to make a point
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.