[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys accept death? Really, how can you accept that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 15
File: image.png (25 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25 KB, 600x600
How do you guys accept death?
Really, how can you accept that one day everyone you know and love will die, including yourself?
I-I dont wanna die, /r9k/
>>
Afterlife, silly.
>>
I didn't yet, I just dont think about it, I guess acceptance comes with maturidade you know?
>>
You want to live forever OP? What an insufferable bore.

Tell me about what it was like before you were born. Were you dead then or just not alive yet? Death is exactly like that.

>being afraid of death
>>
>>25167453
i know i'll be reborn as something else when i die. the goal is actually to NOT be reborn again, but it's fucking hard and also kind of scary.
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760 KB, 1024x768
It's nice to be young, knowing my life expectancy will be longer than the oldfags, and who knows, I may become an eternal cyborg in the future.

Ta-ta losers
>>
>>25167480
T-that's why I'm afraid of it, anon
It'll be like everything's over, no more life, no more anything
I-I just don't want that, please god I just want an afterlife or something but sometimes the facts...you gotta face them
>>
death is freedom
>>
>>25167507
the facts are that there's nothing that proves or disproves Afterlife. sooooooooooooooooooo

stop being a stupid fuck and enjoy your time.
>>
>>25167506
Technology wont be that advanced by the time you reach old age
>>
>>25167507
why do you think the thoughts in your brain are so precious they need to be preserved forever in some afterlife?

People acknowledge that the body cant live without a mind, so how does a mind live without a body?

What is the "You" that you're so worried about saving anyways? "You" are nothing more than a placeholder, a traffic intersection of your environment. When your body dies what other sensations are there to feel? What else is there for your "soul" to do?

>>25167529
also this. Death is freedom from being trapped in your own box of experience
>>
>>25167507
We know a lot of things, but we do not now everything, don't Let these kind of thoughts bring you down
>>
>>25167507
It's not like you're going to "be" dead anyway. You won't feel it. You won't experience it. You will never have to worry about it.
>>
>>25167453
Solve it in one of the ways your ancestors did
A:Ignore it until it's too late and you're wracked with regret
B:Keep yourself busy
C:Alcohol.
C:
>>
life can be annoying but im still curious how humans will advance

i dont mind watching friends and family die, but in the situation that i can live forever they could too, so theres that

so with that said, living forever may be a bore, but if you could be immortal you can just sleep forever

basically i wish i could toggle being dead and being alive
>>
>>25167540
>poorfag isn't aware

Oh well, it's not like it matters anyways.
>>
>>25167576
So? I would prefer to exist than to not exist thus I would rather not die.

>>25167480
>Tell me about what it was like before you were born. Were you dead then or just not alive yet? Death is exactly like that.
Why would I want to go back to that?
>>
Death is my biggest fear, OP
It's not even my death that I care about, it's knowing that one day I'll have to look over my mother's grave that really gets me
>>
>>25167578
D: Religion
dumbass
>>
File: fc5.png (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fc5.png
148 KB, 1280x720
I'm not really afraid of there being or not being an afterlife. I just hope where ever I go (or don't :^), if there is nothing) there is no time. Or I hope that if there is an afterlife i can at least reincarnate.

I'm very unsure about death and existence, and thinking about it makes me very anxious. So I try to drown it out by looking at cute anime girls, talking to online friends, and shit post
>>
>>25167597
>I would prefer to exist than to not exist thus I would rather not die.
Yeah me too, that's why I haven't killed myself. I've got infinity to not be anything. Still no need to fear it.
>>
>>25167599
Recently my mum passed
It's awful, I still feel like shit about it
It just feels so bad when you realize they're really gone
Just...damn
>>
>>25167453
It helps that everyone else is going to die too.
>>
>>25167453
whats a nigga to do?
>>
>>25167614
>Still no need to fear it.
Why?
We've agreed that we prefer existence so why not fear the end of existence?
Plenty of smart people feared death.
>>
>>25167453
Well OP theres only one thing you can do... And i'm sorry it has to come to this but...

>kill yourself faggot
>>
File: Moores_Law.png (172 KB, 2933x2025) Image search: [Google]
Moores_Law.png
172 KB, 2933x2025
>>25167540
maybe, ya know
>>
>>25167632
Most people fear dying, not the "action" of being dead. You're not going to experience anything when that happens.

I don't want to go through the dying stage because that's a massive pain in the ass from what I've seen.

>Why?
Why should I be afraid of not existing?
>>
Guys watch some Alan Watts, youll feel better

video related on the subject
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcPWU59Luoc
>>
Of all the options, I really hope there isn't a hell. The thought of suffering for an eternity for not spending what little time you have alive here is horrible.

Also, you shouldn't be worried. It's healthy for a species to fear death, but you shouldn't let the thought consume you. Especially if you believe that there is nothing afterwards, spend what time you believe you have alive in enjoyment.
>>
>>25167661
Why shouldn't you?
I mean really, you lose everything
No more internet, no more girls, no more vidya
It's all gone, there's no more pleasure, no more pain, there's not even thoughts left
>>
I started thinking about this yesterday and my started beating fast and it wouldn't stop for the whole day. It fucking scared me that my conscience and existence is just going to disappear. I knew in my head that everyone eventually dies and I won't be feeling anything when I'm dead but I guess it's human instinct to be scared of death
>>
You didn't worry about this faggit shit before you existed, don't spend your miserable life worrying about it. Quit being a little bitch.
>>
>>25167682
I'm not going to feel regret about the loss of those things because I won't experience them.
>>
>>25167661
>Why should I be afraid of not existing?
Because you'd rather exist?
I fail to see why the inability to experience death means I can't fear it. That very thing the lack of ability to experience anything is what I fear.
>>
>>25167507
>It'll be like everything's over, no more life, no more anything
for you
life will continue without you

you're a fucking ant on this dirt ball we call earth. your existence is meaningless. there is no god. you will die one day and discompose 6 feet under until there is nothing of you but bones.
>>
File: 1437425354151.jpg (50 KB, 616x533) Image search: [Google]
1437425354151.jpg
50 KB, 616x533
>>25167723
>babby's first nihilism phase
le ball of dirt :DD
>>
>>25167710
Right but you're not going to experience being dead. You "lose" these things but you won't "be" to feel that loss so it doesn't matter.

Your problem is with getting old and dying not death itself and that's what we need to fix. Look up transhumanism and throw all your money into that kind of research if you want.
>>
It's n your best interest enjoy the time you have don't ruin it and spend time worrying about it everyone is scared of death just don't worry
>>
>>25167741
>Your problem is with getting old and dying not death itself
no.. my problem is with death.
Where are you pulling that out from?

I would prefer to continue to exist, I would not like to not exist.
I currently exist and am capable of preferring it to non existing and am capable of fearing and disliking the inevitability of my non existence.

Again I fail to see why not experiencing death means I can't dislike or fear it now while I am alive.
>>
>>25167453
being dead isnt a thing. it is a lacking of. you dont know youre dead, hell there isnt even a you anymore. its just the lack of being. just like before you were born. its both comforting and terrifying, ill agree, but when the time comes, it really wont matter to you anymore.
>>
File: 1450677834399.jpg (39 KB, 460x506) Image search: [Google]
1450677834399.jpg
39 KB, 460x506
Eh, sue me. I don't really believe in anything but I don't think the idea of an afterlife is impossible. There's a lot we don't know, and what all believe to be true (religion, nihilism, reductionism, dualism, etc) all have holes, or well argued objections, to them.

What I'm trying to say: We don't know SHIT. Bask in your ignorance and enjoy THIS life that we have. If there is something, cool. If there is nothing, the fuck with it, I'll look back at my life happily and be glad I spent it well.
>>
>>25167723
People say "existence is meaningless" like its a bad thing. I think thats awesome that theres absolutely no reason why some planet just happened to have a livable environment and that we're here now in the interglacial period of the seventh ice age, alive, breathing, talking, but here we are!

We look in the sea and in the sky and under a microscope and say "what incredible detail and complexity!" but we look at our species on the cosmic radar and say "meaningless." I say differently
>>
>>25167740
i've actually posted hundreds of them over my years on 4chan

i've just gotten lazier and made them shorter
>>
>>25167769

that's like saying "just BEE yourself bro"
>>
>>25167773
You can dislike it all you want to, I dislike it, but that's life (and death).

Want to try to prevent it? Then you'll need to put money into technology.
>>
It's just how things work. Who cares OP; it's not a big deal.

Before you were conceived by your parents you didn't give a shit. When you die, you'll return to that state of not giving a shit yet again.

So who gives a shit.
>>
>have messed up heart
>constantly making close calls and getting to the hospital in time
>know I'm gonna die soon because of this
>still haven't done anything with my life
This is the true fear, dying without purpose
>>
If you don't reply to this post you will die tonight
>>
>>25167795
I didn't claim to be immortal or something.

I'm just tired of people offhand dismissing death with stuff like
>lol it's just le before you were born
Fuck that I much prefer living tyvm.
>>
>>25167821
says who? a pathetic virgin NEET? hahaha
>>
>>25167822
This
I mean who wouldn't take living over blank nothingness?
>>
>>25167805
>Before you were conceived by your parents you didn't give a shit. When you die, you'll return to that state of not giving a shit yet again.
Why is this relevant? We are currently able to give a shit and that's what is being discussed.

Would you be okay with me shooting you in the face? Or would you "give a shit"?
>>
look up ego death OP
achieve it
psychedelics, whatever it takes
gain a third eye
vibrate higher
stop caring whether you live or die
stop caring how you live
do anything
hate everything
whatever homie
it won't matter
killing your ego is the first step to not being afraid of death
>>
>>25167836
Everyone should prefer that but that's not reality (yet).
>>
>>25167836
you aren't aware of the nothingness
it's like when you sleep but don't dream
it's just over
you don't have to worry anymore

you are temporary
your life doesn't matter
quit your job, smoke crack, do what you want
you're almost dead anyway
>>
>>25167865
WE'RE TALKING ABOUT WORRYING NOW YOU FUCK
>>
>>25167453
Pray that you live long enough for either life extension to become commercially available to the middle class or suspended animation can preserve your aging body for the time it takes for aging to be cured. It's not impossible, there is hope OP.
>>
Yknow technically you guys can live forever, it'd just be pricey

Since we all actually die because our organs get weak over time and eventually can't support us anymore, so if yo constantly replace your organs with younger ones each time you'd be close to dying you could essentially live forever
>>
>>25167453
Not only do I accept it. I anticipate it with great enthusiasm
>>
File: saf.png (10 KB, 912x104) Image search: [Google]
saf.png
10 KB, 912x104
Just remember this original pic related.
>>
>>25167880
>Yknow technically you guys can live forever, it'd just be pricey
RETARD ALERT
>>
>>25167892
[PTSD KICKS IN]
>>
>>25167873
why worry over something you can't control
i already said man
EGO DEATH
stop giving a shit
idc if i died right now
all my unfinished business can stay that way, less work for me
fuck it
you think you're so fucking important that you should get to live longer?
>>
>>25167892
What dose this meen?
>>
>>25167900
He's not wrong, we do die because our hearts give out after so long so if you did keep replacing it you could add some extra years to yourself
>>
>>25167851
This guy knows whats up

BREAK OUT OF YOUR OWN PRISON

losing your ego IS the way to not fear death
>>
>>25167873
death is inevitable
when you die you won't be worrying over anything anymore

who gives a fuck
>>
File: asf.png (22 KB, 783x168) Image search: [Google]
asf.png
22 KB, 783x168
>>25167916
It means this original thing.
>>
Guys.

What if heaven exists and lasts forever, but for fun if you want to you can live on earth for one lifetime, but the only catch is you wont remember about your experiences in heaven until you die on earth and come back. Also all your heaven friends can see you and will give you a hard time for being such a pussy on earth
>>
>>25167908
Right so if someone broke into your house right now and pointed a gun in your face you'd totally be like "Ayy who cares" right? You surely wouldn't be begging for him to let you live, right?
>>
>>25167950
>Also all your heaven friends
stopped reading there

you know how retarded you sound bro?
>>
>>25167952
There's a duality to it. Its paradoxical.
Of course you want to live, thats why you eat and breathe and wear your seat belt. But at the same time you can still be okay with it happening when you acknowledge its ultimately out of your control. Do your best to live but dont be afraid to die
>>
File: doubt.jpg (62 KB, 536x800) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
62 KB, 536x800
>>25167908
>why worry over something you can't control
Because I'm not a fucking robot.
>idc if i died right now
>less work for me
Then why don't you kill yourself?
>you think you're so fucking important that you should get to live longer?
Uh what? How can something be important if nothing matters DUDE?
I never said I was important or anything.

Is this you >>25167851?
You sound like retarded druggie who thinks he is a philopsher because he read some wiki pages while stoned and did lsd.

>>25167935
>who gives a fuck
I give a fuck. So if >>25167952 happened would you be all chill and lol whatevs life don't matter?
>>
>>25167965
Way to take my super serious "what if" literally anon. Autism?
>>
>>25167974
Cant you see how upset youre getting talking about the meaning of life? Your mind is going into self preservation mode.

Not being afraid of death doesnt mean you need to abandon your instinct and drive to survive. Just realizing what's going on will really open your eyes
>>
>>25167952
i would fight sure but i would not be afraid to die
if he gets me he gets me, you know?
like, i want to live but idc if i do

>>25167974
That is me but I'm no druggie, never touched anything like that

I arrived at ego death through simple philosophical thought. I suggest you do the same, but I have heard drugs will help you on the path. Either way eat a dick nigga because LOL you're going to die!! HAHAHA
>>
>>25167977
what if i told you i fucked you're waifu last night?

you fucking cucck
>>
>>25167998
Impossible, i was with her all night long last night
>>
Dying anon here
Not kidding, Docs said I can die anywhere in the next 24 hours

I haven't accepted it, I'm still scared Tbh, I don't wanna die
But there is nothing we can do
This is it, we've simply got to move on
I know my time is here and so as scared as I am I must move on, I hope you guys can move on too, spending time worrying about it is pointless
>>
>>25167993
Fear of dying is a core aspect of your instinct to survive.
>Cant you see how upset youre getting talking about the meaning of life?
If I'm upset it's because dipshits throw out crap like third eye and higher vibration and expect me to take them seriously.
Or shit like
>Just realizing what's going on will really open your eyes
Nice meaningless pseudo philosophical statement m8.

>>25167997
>I arrived at ego death through simple philosophical thought.
>i would fight sure but i would not be afraid to die
>like, i want to live but idc if i do
lol keep telling yourself ow enlightened you are even though you admit to wanting to live and that you would fight to live. I thought you didn't care though?
>>
You know what they say, "if I'm not back again by this time tomorrow, carry on"
That's what we've got to do, just carry on
After all "nothing matters..."
>>
>>25168011
>Not kidding, Docs said I can die anywhere in the next 24 hours

If serious, sorry to hear that. What do you have?
>>
I'm afraid and puzzled by the thought of losing my senses one by one up until the point of death. Will there be some moments of disembodied awareness, absent of any sense data before fading to nothing? FUCK
>>
>>25168033
Youre really quick to interpret things people say into what you think they said, thats not a good trait.

You can be afraid of death, but watch yourself while you do it. Realize thats just your natural reaction to thinking about death, like how you get queasy on heights or jump at a loud sound but these dont necessarily have to be frightful things.
>>
>>25168033
This life is temporary, it's all I have. I will fight to preserve it, but I am completely unafraid of it ending. I will maximize the pleasure I feel in life. I only have so much time to feel it. I won't do a goddamn thing I don't want to do. I am not afraid of the consequences of any of my actions. I am okay fighting against a burglar because I don't care if he kills me. I will either kill him or he will kill me, I'm not going to puss out and let him rob me. It's going one of 2 ways. I'm not afraid of anything faggot, I'm temporary. What is there that could seriously hurt me? If life gets too bad, I'll end it. If I have brain damage or my legs get retarded I'll end it. YOU ARENT HERE FOR LONG STOP WORRYING ABOUT ANYTHING FUCK FIGHT STEAL SMOKE DRINK
ANYTHING YOU WANT GODDAMN
>>
>>25168052
>using quotes from a song about a guy being scared about dying to talk about how death doesn't matter
Wat?
>>
>>25168080
I imagine its pretty similar to getting drunk, just really fast.
>>
>>25168011
Don't worry about it. Reincarnation is real, but not in the way that it is described.
>>
>>25168097
>I'm not afraid of anything faggot
I don't believe you.
>>
>>25168111
lol thats an understating way to put it
>>
>>25168109

I've never been blackout drunk. Maybe I should try.
>>
>>25168127
just keep trying anon :^)
>>
>>25168112
It's okay anon, I know you just can't accept it. It's not an easy leap to make for some people. Most everybody is afraid of dying. Most people can't connect all the dots. You're doing fine I guess, since you don't seem to want to take any of my advice. Good luck on your death bed in 50 years or whatever, shaking like a leaf
>>
>>25168073
Thank you
And LRI
>>25168111
I hope for this
>>
File: mural_large.jpg (963 KB, 3484x1672) Image search: [Google]
mural_large.jpg
963 KB, 3484x1672
>>25168147
Are you that Anon from Georgia? Either way, I'll say a prayer for you, man. Godspeed.
>>
>>25168099
>knowing the lyrics to a 1970's song by heart
U wot?
>>
>>25168144
If you're not afraid of anything post your address and I'll come end it.
>>
>>25168183
Uh n-no, I live in Nevada
Thank you though
>>
>>25168184
It's a very good song, anon
>>
>>25168188
1924 Hudson Avenue
Cincinnati, OH
I live on the second floor, first door on the left up the stairs
>>
>>25168228
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN, HE ACTUALLY DID IT
>>
>>25168228
Get ready for the pizzas, familia
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 640x1060) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 640x1060
>>25168228
Hey dude what's your room number?
>>
>>25167453
>implying I dont look forward to me own death
>>
>>25168245
>>25168272
>He said he isn't afraid of anything
Anything includes prank pizza deliveries, right?
>>
>>25168293
Nigga you can order pizza whenever
>>
>>25168259
I'm home for christmas right now sperg
But I'll tell you some things about Norwood OH
It has a tank in a little park in front of Surrey Square, a place that has a kroger, a skyline, a chipotle, used to have a marshalls but it got closed down.

Norwood is also the home of the man who originated that FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY MEME, and I live quite close to the train tracks in the original video (although those videos are definite fakes)

the best bar in the area is listerman's right near XU but monty's is cool too, very sleazy. bettas is too expensive and Dana's is a scummy Xavier kid reg spot. never actually been there cause 2cool but still. freshman like to go to Stones bowling alley especially on tuesday cause it's college night and they get older kids to buy them beer
>>
>>25167453
absurdism will do you well
>>
>>25168272
>>25168293
>>25168303
nah the dominos down the road closes at 2
i prefer to go to the subway on XU's campus anyway
although i frequent the norwood mcdonald's at least once a day
there's also a drive through liquor store called King's on reading road that doesn't card. used to be ran by chinese immigrants so it was called the asian station but now some nigerians own it so it's called the black shack or the sudan stand
>>
maybe i have a shit life but to me death is the present at the end of life.

i have an anxiety disorder and had an alcohol problem. now i think i sleep too much instead. nothingness sounds like bliss. i enjoy my hobbies, friends and family. but life without anxiety sounds amazing.
>>
>>25167998
*you're*
take an english next semester dickweed
>>
>>25168272
dawww how nice

i wish i had anons ordering me pizza to my house ;_;
>>
>>25168326
13775 W Maple Ridge Rd
New Berlin, WI 53151
>>
File: 1449387171911.jpg (28 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1449387171911.jpg
28 KB, 300x400
>>25168339
>being this new

desu senpai
>>
>>25167779
How are you going to look back if you are null
>>
>>25168147
Pneumonia?... They aren't treating it?
>>
>>25167453
I'm fine with dying myself, it's the very few people that I care about dying that scares me.
>>
>>25168359
Literally standing on this faggots front porch
>Not kidding
>>
>>25167921
>he's not wrong
>replacing hearts

>brain death
>>
>>25168451
post pic of address panel
>>
>>25167453
When I die i will finally be useful and maybe a tree can use me to grow big and great. Im not scared of death, my fears lay with my family's wellbeing.
>>
File: kelvin1.png (160 KB, 373x195) Image search: [Google]
kelvin1.png
160 KB, 373x195
>>25168492
here's a baseball pic of me from a couple years ago
>>
File: 9876526262.png (573 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
9876526262.png
573 KB, 1024x768
>>25167453
>How do you guys accept death?
Like an old friend.
>>
>2015
>think you are gonna die
mfw

Relax, this won't happen
>inb4 Ray Kurzweil
>>
>>25167453
Death is not the end my friend. It is merely the beginning of something new. The ride never truly ends. Be content. Wherever you may be.
>>
cause none of this shit really matters our brain makes us think it matters for self preservation but were nothing.
>>
At least death ends my agony.
>>
nothing matters; not even if you're happy or not in the end; you might as well do nothing
>>
>>25167585
Imagine this.. one day you wake up and you're the only living creature in existence. Think about that Anon.
>>
Im not scared of death, im scared of not living a fulfilling life. If I were to die tomorrow my last moments would be depressing as fuck. so much to do...

also as gandalf says "death is just another path...one that we must all take"
>>
>>25168802
yeah so he knows this shit
gandalf knows
listen to gandalf
>>
The quietness and nothingness of death are honestly very comforting. Sure, as biological organisms, every nerve in our bodies is telling us to avoid death and so we naturally fear it. But ask yourselves, what is there to really fear? You will not be able to feel anything because there won't be a "you" anymore. Your body, your personality, your mind -- everything that once made you disintegrates into the darkness of eternity. There will be no more pain, no more overarching sense of meaninglessness and futility, no more anxiety -- only the peace of nonexistence. Forever.

I fear death too, but it is only a primal fear. Philosophically speaking, I welcome the release it offers.
>>
its like taking a nap
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.