[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are some people so quiet and unwilling to speak?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1416028038852.jpg (45 KB, 542x671) Image search: [Google]
1416028038852.jpg
45 KB, 542x671
Why are some people so quiet and unwilling to speak?
>>
>>25164764
It is not about being unwilling, but not having anything to contribute, or simply wanting to spectate the events unfolding.
>>
Some just aren't comfortable around people, whether naturally or as a result of past hurts. Others, like myself, just don't have much to say at any given time. A few just put more stock in action then words, and only say what needs to be said, no mincing of words is necessary to those few.
>>
Because people say fuck off if i say something.
>>
>fear of judgment over what they say
>have no valuable contribution to the conversation

90% of why I'm quiet right there. The other 10% is me actually speaking but people not listening or not hearing me because of my bitch ass mumbly voice.
>>
>>25164764
social anxiety is a joke
>>
>>25164764
Personally i'd rather have the world hold assumptions about me and why i don't speak than to open my mouth and have everyone in the room know that i'm mentally retarded, have a stupid accent and an ugly voice.
I'm sure i cannot be the only one, there are other people who also feel the same.
>>
>>25164764
I have nothing to say, in fact I think most of what other people say irl is nothing of value.
>>
Don't know what to say or how to say things
>>
>>25164917
This is exactly it for me. But some people just need to fill the space I guess.
>>
File: me irl 3.png (36 KB, 636x475) Image search: [Google]
me irl 3.png
36 KB, 636x475
>>25164764
speaking from personal experience? im probably autistic or something so just hear me out

i feel hyperaware of social "dynamics" taking place in certain situations. I also have an innate degree of sperg-ism that comes out when I'm too tired/drugged out on shitposting to control it. Being as aware as I am, i know when I'm not "in the mood" to make normal conversation, so I force myself to keep quiet so as not to disrupt the social dynamics at work.

Sometimes, though, when im in a sperg mood and there's room for me to drop a meme or two, or maybe recount an inside joke (these are pretty low level ways of just flapping your lips and still being "of value" in a conversation, mind you), i do.

this incidentally is why i dont socialize unless ive had like 3 cups of coffee or a significant amount of alcohol beforehand
>>
>>25164764
Growing up, it was drilled into me to "only speak when spoken to". That and "don't say anything unless you have something worth saying".

I've lived a quiet life.
>>
I kind of keep everyone at arms length so I don't have to.

However when i'm drunk I have god tier conversational skills
>>
>>25165029
Holy shit. Same.
>>
>>25164764
Because the things that interest me don't interest other people that I would talk to. You think any of my co-workers give a fuck about video games I like? They don't.
You would have me be a fucking autist constantly talking to people about shit they don't care about, and be uncomfortable around me, wishing that I would shut the fuck up.
>>
I'm unwilling to speak because I'm really annoying

All through school I had no problem talking, and all that did was lead me to being a friendless kissless virgin.

So I stopped talking to people because I realized how annoying I am, and I still don't meet people because of this.
>>
>>25165146
isnt it awfully pathetic that we'd both claim to know damn well how socialization works yet cannot seem to do it properly?

like you can taste the normie life but you just cant quite grasp it because "beeing yourself" would literally null and void all the rationalizing you have to do around other people?

i want off this ride. fuck people who can talk on automatic mode
>>
File: en.png (743 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
en.png
743 KB, 1280x720
>be friendly to normies
>rebuked and ignored
ok
I made a lot of friends in the past, then they all moved away. Now everyone I meet is a fucking asshole which makes me a fucking asshole too.

God I hate human beings.
>>
I tried to be social at clubs and bars in my college days. It was awful.

Hell, I had more fun hanging out with gay guys than the girls there. We bought each other shots, talked about all sorts of interesting shit, there wasn't any drama at all.

The entire experience made me jealous of gays and even more of a misogynist than I already was.

There is literally nothing worse than a bar girl.
>>
Because I'm scared
I'm scared of being laughed at
I'm scared of being told to shut up
I'm scared someone will loudly ask me why I'm even there
I'm just scared.
>>
Im afraid of fucking shit up or having something blow up in my face
>>
Most people have nothing of value to say and I don't do small talk. Also I hate people anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
People don't usually care about the things I care about and vice versa. Why expel energy on pretending I'm one of them?
>>
>>25164764
Wow
Fuck that shirt
I can't stand how normies like to memeify our fucking problems to got acceptance or Facebook like
>omg guise I gave anxiety, I get uncomfy when I'm at the club and people I don't like dance with me.

Like fuck off dude
Were you tortured as a kid?
Did you get strangled and stabbed and beaten and molested? No? Oh wow I didn't fucking think so, you don't even know what anxiety or depression is you fucking disgusting piece of trash.

My fantasy is to have a pkm(that rimmed cratrage for good extraction) and set it up on a freeway overpass and fucking gunn normie cars down by the dozen
Fuck it would be magical

Of course I'd never kill anyone because I actually have anxiety and depression and dpd and hate going outside pls be nice fbi

But seriously fuck any normies that this k they know what pain is like
I'll show you real pain you fucking fuck.
>>
I have nothing to talk about in most social situations.
That and normie conversation is so hectic it's impossible to contribute
>>
Because i like to think more than talk.
I like to think before i talk and that really fucks my shit up.

Every time some random stranger talks to me i just say "yea", "yea". I dont know what to talk about. I dont know what words to put together sometimes unless i have a direct objective.

Im just socially autistic.

but when it comes to writing professional emails and other messages, i do it top of the fucking class.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 579x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 579x506
(In college)

>you'd be cool if you just didn't talk so much
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.