[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys promote the NEET life style so much? If you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Looks_Like_Hagrid.jpg (287 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Looks_Like_Hagrid.jpg
287 KB, 1600x1200
Why do you guys promote the NEET life style so much? If you're really satisfied with it you shouldn't have to poke fun at wagecucks.

>in b4 cuckio
>in b4 NEETs get BTFO
>>
>>25164236
Because, I, for one, am really envious of wagecucks being able to integrate into society and become meaningful. All I do is focus on my art and my writing in hopes I can leave something meaningful behind, even if it doesn't garner me a single penny.
>>
NEETs will post on the internet until they eventually kill themselves. It's pretty sad, really.
>>
>>25164392
why don't you get a job, no one wants your "art"
>>
Both sides perpetrate the same shit against each other all day every day. Fucking grating.
>>
I just really like being able to wake up at 3pm and not having to die getting up at 5am everyday. It's currently 5:22 in England and if I had a job I'd probably have to be up by now.
Fuck that. I'd prefer not to be dead tired all day.
>>
>>25164449
If I had the mental capacity and social skills, I would. But I need a heavily flexible schedule which can't be afforded to me because I often lose the capacity to even walk due to my major depression.

I know nobody wants my 'art'; thank you for reminding me and attempting to strip the one and only joy from the palms of my hand.
>>
>>25164524

I want your art, anon, lay some of that writing on us :)
>>
>>25164599
Afraid I'm too shy. Thank you for the feigned interest though, even if just an attempt at ridicule. It's still oddly appreciated. I'd like my writing to be able to jump through the ring of fire (that is publicist approval) before meeting the public eye.
>>
>>25164651

that's fine, I understand. What do you write about?
>>
>>25164670
Horror genre fiction, primarily. I use to collect old VHS horror movies and started reading Lovecraft and Poe as a child. Most recent piece I've been working on has been on autocannibalism.

What do you do with your time? Are you a NEET, a student, or in the workforce?
>>
>>25164710

interesting - how does that affect your mood? Most people find writing cathartic, of course - is writing about morbidity cathartic for you?

I'm a student; thanks for asking
>>
>>25164770
Very cathartic. Exhilarating, even. Don't know what it is about horror which just sets me in the right mood. Helps me get out of bed on those difficult days too. I'm hoping one day I can supplement by government-subsidized income with royalties eventually, as so they can stop harassing me about being able-bodied and I can be left to trying to recover in peace.

What do you study, if you don't mind my asking?
>>
>>25164849

Very cool. What are we talking here, short stories or a master novel that you've been working on for a while?

I'm in my senior year, studying political science (biggest joke of a degree ever). Heading to law school in the fall.
>>
>>25164993
Still short stories until I refine the craft further and find the literary chops necessary to piece together a well fleshed-out novel. I've got about two dozen short stories under my belt so far and I see gradual improvement with each, which is nice. In high school my teacher wanted to take a piece I did to a publicist but I declined, because, sadly, many teachers are starry-eyed optimists when it comes to their students, and I knew it'd be a flop and only tarnish my name (a shame I didn't understand pen names too well back then).

At least law school will lead to some good money, as far as I'm aware. I have a friend in real life pursuing a career in law. Careers seem like they take a lot of dedication, sweat, and tears, and I well and truly wish you the best in your pursuits in life, anon. It's not often I get to talk about my literary pursuits outside of >>>/lit/.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.