[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else enjoy being in the psych ward? im going to go back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: psych ward.png (252 KB, 500x298) Image search: [Google]
psych ward.png
252 KB, 500x298
anyone else enjoy being in the psych ward?

im going to go back on the 7th because im bored as fuck
>>
>>25162618
I know that feel its comfy
>>
Yeah I love it but I fear the more I go back the longer they'll want to keep me, and even if I go voluntarily they'll certify me.
>>
Spent years there as a kid, pretty comfy. Never been to one as an adult, I'm scared to. I imagine adult wards are full of drug addicts and rapists or something along those lines and that everybody hates you.
>>
>>25162618
>Wagecuck.

I work inside of one. AMA
>>
>>25162792
they are full of drug addicts but everyone is nice because they want no trouble to cause them to stay longer
>>
>>25162808
what kind of restraints do you use?

I have been in the posey neoprene restraints and the leather ones
the neoprene ones were a lot more comfortable
>>
>>25162808
what is your job title?
>>
>>25162848
The licensed and government approved restraints are useless, it basically comes down to workforce discretion. In the official documentation stage the workforce will "tag" specific government approved restraints.

If you mean restraints as in clothing then something called a "restrictive" suit which seems to me to look absolutely pointless to me.

>>25162904
Mental Healthcare Practitioner
>>
>>25162984
so what do you use for restraints when you send someone to the quiet room
>>
>>25163008
just grab em and throw em in, stripped in case they suffocate with their own clothing.
>>
>>25162808
what do you do all day
do you just go golfing?
>>
>>25163045
so you would just let them punch themselves in the head and bang their head on the walls?
>>
>>25163049
No transporting treatment to and from sections mainly which takes a lot longer than you might expect due to the amount of locked doors and patient interactions (i.e. talking to an old man about the Moon or how he isnt really Zeus for 20 minutes).
>>25163066
We would say "Why the fuck are you doing that you loser?" sometimes it gets through other times its just what they need to get out of their system so let them. The quiet room is padded for that but if theyre consistantly being aggresive and generally annoying then sedatives are used. Either way they dont get whatever they want.
>>
>>25162808
do they make you change diapers?
>>
>>25163261
no. they cant make us do anything really. if we refuse then its up to the superiors to find someone who is up for the job. I refuse to do anything related to diapers, sick and other bodily withdrawals. I basically do nothing.
>>
>>25162808
do you take medication?
>>
>>25163325
Ive asked the seniors if I did that what effect would it take. They said it would just either make me tired or sick. No trippy effects Im afraid. Its mainly to treat and make patients docile and considering I work 10-13 hour shifts I see no benefit.
>>
>>25162618
>single person rooms
I'm jelly
>>
What are the personal rooms like? Is it one room per person or do they share? Are there cameras now? Do the patients have a schedule? Any group activities?
>>
File: 20140924_232651.jpg (2 MB, 2938x2204) Image search: [Google]
20140924_232651.jpg
2 MB, 2938x2204
>>25163392
personal rooms are one bed
theres cameras everywhere
pic related my schedule
>>
>>25163392
Two beds/people in a room, cameras in the hallways but not in the rooms (as far as I could tell), strict schedule and group activities. If you didn't follow the plan you lost meal privileges at the cafeteria which meant getting the shitty meals they prepare ahead of time and bring to the unit.
This is how it was at my stay at a dedicated behavioral health facility in 2009.
>>
>>25163432
Sounds similar to my experience, it was a while ago though so I was wondering if how things have changed. Figured they'd have more cameras and stuff.
>>
>>25163432
the places I went to were never that restrictive
they just turned the tvs and phones off during group time
>>
>>25163426
It's literal re-education and deprogramming of the highest order.
>>
>>25163525
Yes actually.
You learn pretty quickly that the only way to get out is just to put on the act they want.
>>
>>25163542
I used that to get out in just over a week. First couple days were hell- it didn't help me at all. After those few days of acting out I just went along with what they wanted. Acted perfect for a few days and wrote my letter. Got out a few days later.
>>
It can be aight, but the fact they force you on pills that can have serious side effects, long term withdrawals, and can damage your brain isn't fun. I am still getting over the anti-psychotics they made me take, literally lowered my IQ but I didn't need a second test for that, I could feel it.

Food was good though, but it was boring most of the time apart from the odd kick off that was exciting but only because again, you're bored out your mind.
>>
>>25163630
I liked the anti psychotics they gave me
it melted under my tongue and knocked me out in 30 mins
>>
>>25163630
same
>go in for depression
>put me on risperdal for no reason and then claim I said I was hearing voices
>have bad reaction and become catatonic (effectively a coma) for two weeks
>literally have to shock me out of it
t-thanks for curing my depression
>>
>>25163611
>that feel when I acted out to stay longer
>>
>>25163936
I could see how it could work for some people. Maybe it would work for me if I could adapt, but I'd rather not take that risk. I missed the couple friends I had outside and had no means of contacting (no internet).
On a similar note, I noticed I feel better without therapy in general. Everytime I go to the therapist (doesn't matter which building or whihc therapist I'm with) I have a panic attack. And then they try to play cards with me or some shit. Waste of time and money.
>>
>>25164059
I never know what to say to therapist
the ones in the psych ward seemed to ask more questions and where more understanding
>>
>>25164131
It's hard to act okay when I feel so distressed in that setting. I just stop going every time.
>>
>>25164263
I have to go to continue seeing my psychiatrist its evil
>>
its a fun place to talk to grills
>>
first psychiatric appointment in like 5 hours. do I tell them of my edgy murder fantasies and complete disdain for people including my family? I haven't had casual social contact in well over 2 years

would that be enough to make my way to a ward anytime soon?
>>
its ok I would recommend
>>
>>25164798
no you have to be a danger to yourself or others
tell them your going to kill yourself that night
>>
File: 1442314660578.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1442314660578.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>>25163426
>wellness
>>
>>25164824
but I don't have any problems with self harm/suicide. I'm probably a lot more of a danger to people that bother me than myself.
>>
>>25164846
well then your not going to the psych ward
>>
>>25164830
you learn how to be well
>>
you are the stupid op
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.