[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I can't stop imagining death as eternal suffering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: s5-3.jpg (56 KB, 352x288) Image search: [Google]
s5-3.jpg
56 KB, 352x288
Being born only to die feels like the worst thing that can ever happen, yet it doesn't make sense to say that you are lucky for never being born.
If only our brains were wired to long after the nothingness that is the end of life.
>>
File: 1449174125809.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449174125809.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>25161943
iktf

its whats keeping me from killing myself desu
>>
>>25161943
They can be anon
That's basically what philosophy is
It's how you think turned into a way of living, you can live vicariously through others and have people accomplish things based upon the things you said

Of course nowadays, it'd be easier to just learn how the human brain works and duplicate it in a robot
>>
One thing that gives me hope is to think that the time is infinite, and that anything can happen.
At some point in time, there could be someone who is exactly you, except that he lives on somehow. Compare it to a coma with no brain activity, you are as good as dead, yet you may wake up as if you had never died. How would it be any different if you destroyed that body and decided to create an exact copy of the brain thousands of years later. It should still feel like you.
>>
File: 0965434.gif (992 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
0965434.gif
992 KB, 500x364
>>25161943
>If only our brains were wired to long after the nothingness that is the end of life.
Speak for yourself. Some of us are ahead of the curve.
>>
>>25161943
well least you didnt get scammed $100 for an OSRS account like I did
so look at the bright side

fuck i cant wait to die
>>
>>25161943

You have it backwards. Death is literally nothing. You can only experience fear, pain and despair while you are alive. The process of dying, whether from old-age or from a violent action, can only be experienced while you're still alive. When you're dead there's just nothing. Taken from a perspective of your consciousness, it isn't even possible to die, since you can never truly experience death, even though logically, you know that one day you will indeed die and your body will rot away. It's more apt to say that life is suffering, as you cannot suffer in death.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.