[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do signatures come from? I don't recall ever sitting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 700x465
Where do signatures come from? I don't recall ever sitting down and coming up with a certain why to sign my name. But I do have one. Why when presented with a line and a pen do I instantly know what to write? I see some signatures online and they baffle me. Some of the best looking signatures are extremely difficult to read, but by the cleanness of the lines, and the creativity in how to dot and cross it, you can see it was designed that way. It was given its structure.

Tldr;
Do great signatures happen naturally or am I supposed to create one on my own?
>>
I think one creates a signature kinda slowly over time. when you're a kid you just sign your name with the best cursive you can, then as you age make changes to it based on your own preferences.

For example, my initials are DB, but I despise the cursive D and B so I write those letters in print and do the rest cursive, giving my signature a sort of uniqueness to it.
>>
Signatures come from 3rd grade when you're taught cursive writing.

what the fuck kind of question is that?
>>
>>25161666

nice satanic trips, but I think OP was referring to the personalized signatures everyone has. like the dudes with the psychotic, parkinson's-looking signatures. they didn't develop that when learning cursive in 3rd grade, so when, why, and how did it become the clusterfuck of a signature?
>>
I write my entire first name in non-cursive because all of the letters in it look like shit in cursive. My name begins with N, cursive Ns look like like big mongoloid retards of the letter world.
>>
>>25161753
I once had to sign over 100 papers for other people.

You're damn right I'm going to make mine simple and crazy rather than try to make it legible. Your hand starts to hurt.
>>
>>25161815
How long did you write it in all cursive and it looked like shit? Or did you come up with it instantly after writing it the other way once? I hardly sign any documents, so it seems improbable that seeing something only a few times a year would allow you to develop something interesting. Maybe some people are naturals?
>>
I just write my name how is usually do. Since I write fast it looks like cursive. I would show you but it's rather unique and easy to identify
>>
I write first initial scribble second initial scribble.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.