[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For years now people have been telling me to go into radio a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Jason_VA_Dipper.png (610 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jason_VA_Dipper.png
610 KB, 1280x720
For years now people have been telling me to go into radio and voice acting. Friends, family, complete strangers, people at bars, and people on buses. What got me interested again is 3 complete strangers brought it up in the last week.

Not only that but some of them are literally begging me. Because if I don't do it I'm "wasting my talent". I don't know... just because I have a deep voice, I don't think that means I have the talent to voice act or have the ability to articulate myself professionally.

I have always mumbled my entire life and suffered from shyness. I think I even struggle to speak since I hardly opened my mouth my entire life and am naturally very quiet. My sister in law told me that I need to take courses to help me not speak in a monotone. I got two job offers in the past to voice act. One guy claimed to be with the video game industry, another with the animation industry. But I didn't trust them.

I was told I should sign up for voice123. But it costs 400 dollars a year, and it'd mean probably spending atleast 1000 dollars on a microphone. Should I take the risk? Can someone honestly tell me if this worth going into? I don't want to waste the money I saved up for nothing.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0he9RunMW6R
>>
Make youtube videos and film yourself trolling pub servers on random games

after you get a good mic
>>
Nice voice.

Not amazing as an actual professional voice actor or news anchor but it has potential if you took some vocal lessons and worked on enunciation.
>>
>>25160151
Why? lol

What game? call of duty?
>>
>>25160198
That's what I mean. Are people born with news anchor and voice actor voices or did they train? How did they do it? Is it too late to work on eunuciation if I've hardly spoken my entire life? I had a habit of mumbling a few words my whole life.
>>
>not investing a bit of money in a business/career choice that could pay off if you are as good as everyone says you are
>offered a job but doesn't take it because "i dunno..."
Take a risk, anon.
>>
>>25160269
99% of the people that said that are not in the business and they don't understand what voice acting actually is or what radio is. They're probably much more easily impressed than someone in the business and are just talking for the sake of talking.

Anyway I did order a focusrite scarlett 2i2 yesterday, and a rode nt1a and a microphone stand.

But I actually have no idea how I'm gonan put them to together and what a focusrite even is
>>
>>25160198
Where do you take vocal lessons anyway?

college? university?

a special school?
>>
>>25160339
another anon here with a good voice (so I've been told) also curious about this
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.