[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bored as fuck with life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 1436554141122.jpg (513 KB, 1914x1086) Image search: [Google]
1436554141122.jpg
513 KB, 1914x1086
I just want to have an adventure, like something movie tier. Any advice
>>
>>25159904
Fly to Iraq and become a one-man war against ISIS. I assure you it will quite dramatic.
>>
>>25159904
if you dont have money, its not easy. if you have some put away, come to socal and walk the beaches all day. eventually youll just become homeless
>>
>>25159904
i want something like that too. lets form an alliance and remove kebab and start an uprising anon
>>
Find something in some system that makes you angry
Have it be something you feel strongly about, realize the steps to improve it
Do that, but before you do, get the qualifications/ requirements to fulfill it.

You will feel like pic related plenty.
>>
>>25160019
Alright, how are we going to do this?
>>
>>25159904
Buy a jeep, and take some money and a few papers with you, then go to the tip of Alaska, ferry over to Russia, and spend the rest of your life driving across Europe/Asia/Africa.
>>
>>25160054
This actually sounds awesome
>>
>>25160035
wtf are you talking about? any examples?
>>
>>25159904
I wonder how hard it was back in medieval times to just leave your tent or whatever and wonder around, i'm willing to bet it was a lot harder at the time than it is now, and even now it's pretty difficult.
Adventures just aren't real things. Specially not if you're a robot. Keep dreaming, that's the most adventure you'll ever get unfortunately.
Unless you have a goal, you'll just be walking around aimlessly looking at billboards, buildings, trees, cars and people like some retard.

You could save up some money fly to a country you know nothing about and have an adventure by trying to find your way back home from a foreign country.

I doubt it'll be a long adventure though because you could just get yourself deported back home.
>>
>>25159904
Do something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO3-AAVTeDA
>>
>>25160120
The harsh reality
>>
Learn ableton or fl studio or buy an electron oktatrack or some shit.
Make music.
Buy a van.
Tour, send demos to labels and promoters, drive around to different cities playing music.

OR

Hitchhike

OR

Go treeplanting or go be one of those fire watchtower people who lives in bumfuck nowhere.

OR

I don't know but take some risks
>>
>>25160120
>Unless you have a goal, you'll just be walking around aimlessly looking at billboards, buildings, trees, cars and people like some retard.
kek
i can see this happening
>>
>>25160308
it takes like 4 years to get decent at making music though

sincerely an fl user of 6 years
>>
>>25159904
You should go rob a bank. If you get caught you can kill yourself, but if you get away you'll be rich. It's a win win situation desu senpai.
>>
>>25160052
>>25160019
You fuckers need funding and marketing. I've been telling /pol/ for years now, but maybe the idea will have more success here.

Restart the Knights Templar. Go to the Middle EAst and hire yourselves out as mercs who protect tourists. There's areas of Israel where you can do this VERY safely, and no one would fuck with tourists anyway, but you can market yourself to wealthy and ignorant Christians and trust-fund babies.

Make a bit of cash, then shift mission. Now, you protect native Christian communities. Use your pre-existing contacts among wealthy Christians to gain some initial funding. Buy property in a safe corner of the Middle East and move the worst effected communities there. Have them farm and shit and start hiring other goons. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>25160362
I have 9 months and Im already god tier good

Jk im still trash
>>
Going to do the Pacific Crest Trail in a couple of years, looking forward to that.
>>
>>25159904
Adventures like that only exist in movies/games. If you want to experience something like that I would recommend playing a Square RPG from SNES/PS1 era, they can help you pretend you are on an adventure at least.
>>
Why is life so fucking boring?
>>
>>25160308
>Learn ableton or fl studio or buy an electron oktatrack or some shit.
>Make music.
>Buy a van.
>Tour, send demos to labels and promoters, drive around to different cities playing music.
This kinda sounds cool. Have do you done something like this before?
>>
>>25160362
nah it doesnt

sincerely a guy who learned ableton in 6 weeks (and then took about 6-8 months to make anything good with it) and now plays local gigs and is planning a spring EP release and tour
>>
>>25160695
links, im curious. just post it to vocaroo if youre scared of us somehow fucking up your career or spamming your soundcloud with stupid shit
>>
>>25159904
Go teach english in a foriegn country
>>
>>25160695
>learned ableton in 6 weeks
how does this shit even work? how much did you learn and how?

im curious to hear your stuff too anon. post on vocaroo or clyp.
>>
>>25159904
get a job with the red cross going all over the world helping people in fucked up situations.

take photos of all the wreckages and ruins and barren drought-hit places
>>
>>25160542
I'm >>25160695 so the van/tour part is forthcoming but I emailed a bunch of local bands and venues who put together bills that I thought I would fit in on (mostly psych-rock, experimental electronic stuff, etc) basically saying "hey, i make xyz music, here's my soundcloud, if you ever need someone to fill out a bill, even if it's a tuesday night just let me know" (except worded more professionally than that).

Booked some gigs a couple months after that.

Met a lot of likeminded people, which resulted in a lot of collaboration/mentorship that really accelerated my growth and skill. Started playing drums in a band as well and in the early stages of a house/dub project with one of the guys in one of the bands I emailed.

Also worth getting in touch with campus or community radio stations.

Sometime in the next couple months I'd like to book a couple shows in other nearby cities

Also recently met the booking agent for the local college pub so I might end up playing there.

I have a lot of friends who have lived nomadic lifestyles (some for years at a time) touring and performing.
>>
>>25160763
>how much did you learn and how
Pretty much all the basic functions: session and arrangement mode, programming MIDI, manipulating audio, manipulating samples, automations, basics of mixing.

I took a free berkley intro to ableton course through coursera.

In the last few months, a friend also taught me FL Studio, but it's a little too stiff for my liking.

Keep in mind I had a background making music with a hardware sampler/sequencer for about a year before.

The idea of posting anything to do with my real life on here is horrifying. I'd be paranoid about being "outed" as an /r9k/ user or something.
>>
>>25160795
>get a job with the red cross
They'll only hire you if you're a doctor or nurse or (maybe) paramedic. Everyone else it's going to be a volunteer gig.

source: dad was a firefighter who went with a group of other firefighters and cops to various red cross disaster response things. Always volunteer.
>>
>>25160388
Holy fuck this guy has a good idea.

Figure wealthy stupid Americans will want to have the IMPRESSION that you're a highly trained merc though. So you still need some startup money for big guns and gear though. And probably a shady looking website.
>>
>>25160888
post pic

>bloxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>25159904
Find the nearest forest that has plenty of trees, freshwater, edible foliage, and adequate food
Live innawoods

It's the last "adventure" that a poor man can take
>>
>>25160924
Just take a bunch of firearms and small unit tactics courses through GunSite or similar companies. Take bodyguarding courses.

I remember reading the book Licensed To Kill by Robert Young Pelton about private military contractors in Iraq, Afghanista, and numerous African countries. This was in around 2003 or 2004... anyway, one of the guys he met was this dude in his mid-30s named Shannon Campbell who, unlike most contractors, had no military or police experience (let alone special operations experience) but worked at his father-in-law's flower shop and went into credit card debt to take firearms and VIP protection courses. He ended up hired by Blackwater and was assigned to Paul Bremer's personal security detail, which, at the time, was mostly ex-Navy Seals and Army Rangers.

Obviously Blackwater isn't Blackwater any more and the market for that kind of work isn't as hot as it once was but a lot of those companies - Triple Canopy and Control Risk and so on - are still kicking and probably still hiring.
>>
>>25160888

nice trips and please be real please
>>
File: Misery01.jpg (9 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Misery01.jpg
9 KB, 500x400
>>25160888
nice try but you won't fool me again, kathy bates
>>
File: 1400280463690.jpg (73 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1400280463690.jpg
73 KB, 750x750
>tfw you'll never get to join a group like Militaires Sans Frontieres or Diamond Dogs.
>>
>>25160887
did they not provide anything? oh well. thats shit. itd be a meaningful life. you dont have to get paid if you get shelter and food.
>>
>>25161135
they would fundraise to cover airfare but RC provided meals and cots or occasionally hotel

it's not like it's something you can do indefinitely though. You can't just hop from one hotspot to the next. My dad and his colleagues would do this like once every 2 years or so (it wasn't on a regular schedule, just whenever there was a particularly huge horrible natural disaster) and it took a lot of pavement pounding to raise $$
>>
>>25159904
Join the military. No joke.
>>
Go to school for photojournalism
Hustle hard and try to become a war correspondent or photographer.
Ride around in unarmored pickup trucks with your Syrian fixer as they take you across the border into Iraq/the Caliphate
Take photos of crucified Yazidis
Win Peabody award
Commit suicide because "the things you put in your head are there forever" - cormac mccarthy (the senpai of human suffering)

Basically, become Paul Watson (not the Sea Shepherd guy, the war correspondent guy) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Watson_(journalist)
>>
>>25161250
As someone in the military, no, don't do this

It's literally janitorial work.
>>
>>25161250
literally the most boring, plain ass fucking job in the world for 90% of the people in it

Enjoy being surrounded by nerds who are only there to pay for college and meathead rednecks who would be deadbeat alcoholics without some guy with a shaved head forcing them to make their bed.

Chances are the only "adventure" you'll have in the military is fucking an army slut in a motel room after 5 of your buddies have already run through her.
>>
>>25161250
>be a tool of a government that takes peoples money without consent and decides how to spend it on their behalf (supporting single mothers, druggies, killing people and 'creating' yet more public sector jobs using money that ws coerced and not earned)

>no joke

good one
>>
>>25160092
He's saying be Hitler.
>>
>>25159904
Life isn't interesting and movies only seem fun because they're condensed into an hour and a half. No movie would have a happy ending if it went on after the mission was complete and credits rolled.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.