[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he doesn't know how to use Ableton
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>he doesn't know how to use Ableton
>>
>>25158742
Doesn't this belong on /mu/...
>>
>>25158742
wrong board dumbass and ableton is a SHIT daw and you have SHIT taste desu senpai
>>
>>25158829
All the major DAWs - ableton, fl, logic, cubase, protools, etc. - are pretty unshit. ie, they can all get the job done, it's just a matter of some being a little better suited to certain working methods than others and some being better suited to certain tasks than others.

For example, I like using FL Studio to sketch out ideas quickly on a grid - get a basic idea of my sound palette, chord progressions, and arrangement.

Then I use hardware to actually craft the song, develop my various bits and pieces.

Then I throw it all into Ableton's session view for a performed arrangement. Then bounce down to stems and either mix in the box or bounce the stems out to my 4-track for mixing.

Anyone who says "x is a shit daw" or "z daw is awful" is probably someone who spent a week trying to learn how to produce fiery beats but gave up and went back to masturbating.
>>
>>25158829
>>25158819
Any time I try to discuss production on /mu/ I get no response. Literally none. They are only interested in consuming music.

Not wrong board, wrong site. 420chan's /m/ has a very active and helpful recording and producing userbase.

99chan used to have a board called /eq/ that was small and slow but had a core of knowledgeable and helpful users but 99 is mostly dead except for /b/ and I don't think /eq/ is even a board any more

>/r9k/ is a general discussion board desu
>>
>>25158742
>he makes dubstep in fl using pirated loops and samples after watching dozens of youtube videos on the subject
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.