[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Higher IQ people have less sex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Picture-2-750736.png (29 KB, 730x358) Image search: [Google]
Picture-2-750736.png
29 KB, 730x358
http://www.gnxp.com/blog/2007/04/intercourse-and-intelligence.php

Tyler Cowen quotes from a new study testing the relationship between grades and delayed sexual activity.

Last December I passed a paper along to Razib showing that high-school age adolescents with higher IQs and extremely low IQs were less likely to have had first intercourse than those with average to below average intelligence. (i.e. for males with IQs under 70, 63.3% were still virgins, for those with IQs between 70-90 only 50.2% were virgin, 58.6% were virgins with IQs between 90-110, and 70.3% with IQs over 110 were virgins)

In fact, a more detailed study from 2000 is devoted strictly to this topic, and finds the same thing: Smart Teens Don't Have Sex (or Kiss Much Either).

The team looked at 1000s of representative teens grades 7-12 in the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health and The Biosocial Factors in Adolescent Development datasets, both of which include an IQ test, and include detailed sexual experience questions ranging from hand-holding to intercourse. As with the other study there was a curvilinear relationship: students with IQs above 100 and below 70 were significantly less likely to have had intercourse than those in between. Also like the other study, they found teens with IQs ranging from 75 to 90 had the lowest probability of virginity (the authors note this is also the same IQ range where propensity towards crime peaks).

Depending on the specific age and gender, an adolescent with an IQ of 100 was 1.5 to 5 times more likely to have had intercourse than a teen with a score of 120 or 130. Each additional point of IQ increased the odds of virginity by 2.7% for males and 1.7% for females. But higher IQ had a similar relationship across the entire range of romantic/sexual interactions, decreasing the odds that teens had ever kissed or even held hands with a member of the opposite sex at each age.
>>
Clearly this is why you don't have sex anon!

Gosh, you're just so damn smart! The rest of the world can't even compete!
>>
>>25157738
We are all fucking geniuses them ?
>>
>>25157738
> showing that high-school age adolescents with higher IQs and extremely low IQs were less likely to have had first intercourse than those with average to below average intelligence.

>higher IQs and extremely low IQs

>>25158430
Nah bro
>>
File: ya.jpg (52 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ya.jpg
52 KB, 300x300
>>25157738
well i'm a bit drawn on this particular topic.

first i'll start with the inverse is also true retards and low iq people probably aren't having much sex if any at all. this can be explained in terms of genes in which stupid people are also rated the least attractive in blind studies, where the ones rated teh most attractive also happened to be the ones with the highest iqs. so if someone is less attractive their opportunities at having sex are going be much less.

i think the whole 'smart people have harder time having sex' isn't that smart people are unable to find sex it's that their lifestyle makes timing difficult. most are studying in college, locked up in their room programming, gaming, or in a lab researching. this makes social opportunities more obsolete that their less intelligent coutnerparts are soaking up - bars, parties, gatherings, etc.

so basically smart people can have sex (much easier then stupid people actually) but they don't give themselves the opportunities as often.
>>
>>25158430

All Stars are hot and I'm hot yet it doesn't mean I'm the Sun, if you get what I mean.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.