[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people care about Star Wars that much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: 20.jpg (24 KB, 263x205) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
24 KB, 263x205
Why do so many people care about Star Wars that much?
>>
File: TRAITOR.gif (1 MB, 512x519) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.gif
1 MB, 512x519
I CHALLENGE YOU TO HONORABLE MELEE COMBAT TO THE DEATH
>>
Because people are trained to be children obsessed with commercial goods
>>
>>25156548
Because it's cool to do so. The trilogy won't be anything memorable. By the third movie, only the nerds will care. That's what happened with the Hobbit trilogy.
>>
File: 1450516362520.png (13 KB, 489x436) Image search: [Google]
1450516362520.png
13 KB, 489x436
>>25156741
>>25156776
YOU KNOW NO HONOR
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 959x682) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 959x682
SJW nigger shit
>>
File: 1450635720864.jpg (218 KB, 784x904) Image search: [Google]
1450635720864.jpg
218 KB, 784x904
>>25156792
HAN SOLO INTERRUPTED AN HONORABLE FIGHT TO THE DEATH

HE DESERVES HIS FATE
>>
>>25156662
wtf is that
it seems so impractical to carry
>>
>>25156548
The majority of people say they like it because it's cool to do so right now. The minority grew up with the series and genuinely enjoy it- the original trilogy is very well made, the expanded universe contains a large amount of decent video games/novels/comic books/animated series, and the newest film is arguably an entertaining and enjoyable experience.

Personally, I like soft-sci fi with heavy fantasy elements, good special effects, excellent music, impressive costume design, endearing characters and memorable scenes in film. Star Wars is not the best thing ever made, it's not some religious experience like some people make it out to be. It's a fun and entertaining series with a lot of flaws that's near and dear to me.

If you don't like it, just don't watch it. Normies will get bored and move on to the next thing in a couple of weeks, you just have to wait it out.
>>
File: 1450694749833.png (118 KB, 320x508) Image search: [Google]
1450694749833.png
118 KB, 320x508
>>25156832
It's a jedi-poster beating rod, and also an artifact from the best moment in filmmaking history
>>
File: 1450635130201.jpg (221 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450635130201.jpg
221 KB, 1920x1080
>>25156995
I've been watching the original trilogy since I was a literal babby. I was darth vader for halloween twice and luke skywalker once as a child. The shelves in my room were covered with star wars merchandise and I could recite all of the dialogue from Empire from memory I had watched it so many times.

I was brought to tears in the first second of the film when "STAR WARS" blasted onto screen with the orchestral horns. This shit is huge for people like me. I was so happy when it didn't suck. It had it's flaws of course, but it was well-made and extremely entertaining, and it really did feel like old star wars.
>>
>>25157087
>I was brought to tears in the first second of the film when "STAR WARS" blasted onto screen with the orchestral horns.
I feel you man. I feel you. I went with two of my roommates and they were watching my reaction to the film instead of the movie itself half the time, I was that excited. It's such an enormous fucking relief that TFA didn't suck complete ass. Sure, it was far from perfect, but the good outweighed the bad so heavily I can't wait to see it again. Star Wars' popularity means that I can talk about my favorite franchise of all time openly with just about anyone, and they'll at least vaguely know what I'm referencing. That's an amazing thing.
>>
>>25156548

Because it's a meme
>>
>>25156548
Disney spent like a billion dollars marketing this movie.
>>
>>25157087
Nostalgia fags are dilusinal as fuck.
I'm talking about you.
The fact that you already liked it when the words Star Wars showed up shows how blinded you are by nostalgia.
I've seen them all. I collected the Legos and shit since I was 8. But I wasn't a fucking faggot like you and that let me appreciate the films as they where. It's shit now. The light sabers don't make since, they raped the lore, and the mad guys didn't have a reason to be bad. It was just "EYY lmao we wuz Kings hail Vader XDD"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.