[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I took a sharp knife and pulled it across my jugular, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
If I took a sharp knife and pulled it across my jugular, how likely am I to fuck it up? I'm a coward, but if I just shut my eyes and dragged it across my throat, I'm not likely to fuck it up, right? Provided no one comes within the next 10 minutes, I'm home free, right? If I can just get past my fear long enough to do one quick slashing motion, there is no room for error, right? Right?

inb4 you won't do it. It's good to know that an easy option is at hand in a country where no one has a gun.
>>
You want the larger internal one for an heroing. This is frequently botched when folk do not cut deep enough to penetrate through the muscle.
>>
>>25155249

So I have to cut the whole big wire thing sticking out of my neck? I better be able to do it in one cut...
>>
It's a pretty easy think to fuck up, senpai
>>
>>25155157
You would need to use a lot of force to cut yourself deep enough. Slashing your own throat is not very reliable method of suicide.
>>
>>25155157
What a truly horrible way to kill yourself. Find a better way
>>
>>25155310
>>25155315

But what if I really put some muscle into it? Like, position the blade next to my throat, then a full force slash? Just feeling the jugular with my fingers, it does not seem very dence or durable.
>>
>>25155367

Everywhere I look, people tell me to get cyanide or hemlock or some shit. I'm not a chemist, for fucks sake, I don't have access to any of it.
>>
>>25155450
Are there any train lines near where you live or any high buildings?
>>
>>25155514

No train lines. There is 1 building high enough, but I don't think I could get access to the rooftop.
>>
>>25155157
It would be extremely painful.

all memes aside, with your attitude you will fail to rupture it, you will be left with a mess and an embarrassing scar
>>
>>25155552
>embarrasing scar

I think it would be pretty cool.

I guess I can just go to the nearest big city and find a scyscraper. Lived up the day of some tourists.
>>
Probably have better chances if you have a comically sharp knife. Get one of those fancy chef knives and perhaps learn how to sharpen a knife.

For me at least, while the knives in my kitchen are sharp enough to cut skin, I think excessive force would be needed to go real deep. But you see people with chef's knives that go through vegetables and all sorts like were made of butter.
>>
>>25155547
Well, you can always hang yourself. Partial or full suspension are way more reliable than slashing your throat if you tie the rope right and make sure that it will hold your weight.
>>
stab yourself right in the center of the throat m8
>>
the musculus sternocleidomastoideus will prevent you from succeeding. that and other smaller muscles protect your jugular vein (it's very hard to cut through), and common carotid artery. seen some guys fuck it up. you are very likely to fail and it will leave a nasty scar for everybody to see
choose another method. cut the femoral or radial artery if you insist on bleeding out
>>
>>25156063
>femoral artery
holy shit, confirmed for clueless
dug around some cadavers during med school and you'd probably struggle to hit the femoral with a regular knife, let alone cause significant bleeding
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.