[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1/2 Why are men so adamant about staying friends with a girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: scared-girl-stencil.png (12 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
scared-girl-stencil.png
12 KB, 600x400
>1/2
Why are men so adamant about staying friends with a girl they like?

For almost every guy I've met in my entire adult life, the second things go sour between them and a love interest of theirs -- is the second they believe they have to cut everything off with her.

I have never, EVER been able to understand why staying friends with her would be such a problem. No matter how often I try to debate it with them, whether to call them out on their contentious behavior, or I'm earnestly trying to understand where they're coming from (and failing) -- they're still as stuck up and stubborn as ever.

The way they react is also baffling. When it comes to finalizing whatever it is they need before breaking the news to her that they should keep their distance: some of them are bitter and arrogant; while others are morose, devastated, and act like as if they THINK they have to do cut her off; as if they BELIEVE they no longer have a choice. And strangely, I find the latter worse than the former here; and the more confusing. I don't understand the idea that you absolutely must distance yourself from an ex-lover.
>>
>>25154683
>2/2
And because they seem so conflicted, it implies that they really don't want to go through with it. So I try to appeal to that, and attempt to convince them to just stay friends with her. That's the least they could do, and she's at least entitled to their friendship.

But no, this ends up sparking arguments with even the sweetest, nicest of my guy friends. Hell, I even begged some of them before to at least please, keep her as a friend. I've honestly begged them as deeply and sincerely as I could. Yet not only does this further the arguments, but it has resulted in them cutting *me* off as a friend. Even those who I cared about the most, they still dropped me from the face of the Earth and act like I was never there in the first place.

So why are men so picky and stuck up about staying friends with women? Nothing about this should be so hard and dramatic. Nothing about it is even close to being logical. And yet it's always men overreacting and making such a big deal out women and friendships. A big deal out of something which is really as close to nonexistence as you can get.
>>
>>25154683
Are you talking about friendzones or being friends post-breakup?
>>
>>25154753
Both I guess? Aren't they kind of the same thing to you people? Either way, neither should be so hard to practice.
>>
>>25154688

>she's at least entitled to their friendship.

triggered desu.

Why do men cut off their love interest?

simple. so we can pursue other love interests. nothing personnell, kiddo.
>>
File: measwojak.jpg (173 KB, 807x758) Image search: [Google]
measwojak.jpg
173 KB, 807x758
>>25154683
I do this and I must say it does not come from a place of arrogance or hate.

If I had to say how I felt when I was left it would be embarrassment and shame.

I would rather move on with my life and feelings then constantly be reminded of a failed romantic relationship. I don't want to put myself through those feelings again if I don't have to. It is far to painful to stay tethered to them when you know it will never be like it used to.

It is for the best personally speaking.
>>
>>25154770
no. are you seriously unable to put yourself in a man's shoes for a second? when you desperately want romantic affection and are rejected, the best thing you can do is cut yourself out of their lives entirely so you can move on. Or else you'll just be stuck with someone you can never have and feel unable to move on, which is extremely painful. You don't just fucking turn off your feelings for them and pretend you're not heartbroken. This wouldn't be such a problem if men had as many options for dating as women (this is why it's generally easier for women not to get "friendzoned", unless they're aiming for a top tier guy); if it were so easy to find someone else, men wouldn't become so attached.

>>25154803
agree with this. no one's entitled to your friendship.
>>
>>25154683
I guess I'm the kind of guy you're talking about.

I've always had a habit of cutting anyone off instantly for even the smallest things. I've got as tight-knit small group of friends though so I don't see the problem..
>>
i mean we do try to stay friends. and we still are friends, nothings changed but im occupying my time with other girls now.

or occupying my time with nothing at all. its not easy being emotionally there for someone who has betrayed you.
>>
File: 123.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>25154688
Women are boring and we only want you for sex.
Why on earth would we want to be friends with you? Lol. If we wanted emotional, nagging and friends who talk non-stop about getting dicked by the football team, we'd just be WOMEN.

But fuck that.
>>
Because ex gf's make shitty friends. Also there are differences between the kind of person you enter in to relationship and the kind you wanna be friends with.

Why do you want to maintain contact with ex bf anyway?
>>
>>25154683
Kill yourself you dumb little bitch , how about you ACTUALLY give a reason as to why somebody should stay ''friends" with a whore? So that he can be the shoulder to cry on when she breaks up with another chad?
>>
File: 1408836666304.jpg (140 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1408836666304.jpg
140 KB, 600x800
>>25154683

>arguing with your friends and trying to coerce them into doing something they don't wanna do.
>Ignoring their personal feelings on the matter just because you wanna play diplomat
>Oh gee, why did they stop talking to me.

I think it has less to do with them being irrational and more to do with you not knowing when to drop it.

and surprise surprise, people act a bit funny once romantic and sexual feelings come into play. It's so fucking baffling, amirite? like-- how DARE they act differently from how I want them to act.
>>
Women find new partners easier, it's not fun to be left on your own, hanging around your old romantic partner as she brings someone new to the circle to replace you.
>>
>"women are more emotional"
>"men are competitive"
>"women like smart men"
Why do people accept these lies. Women are psychopaths compared to men.

>women will just drop a relationship from being bored and have another within a week
>will cheat if they don't like him for one minute
>stay in abusive relationships for year, if not decades
>women will try and steal each other's men, men would kill somebody if they tried to solicit their partner
Literally my parents would talk about "winter boyfriends". Men who are homeless and jobless dirtbags that women will find attractive, so the guys fuck and live with this woman through the winter, and then leave when it's warm.

Women just can't do anything but think with their vaginas, they are incapable of loving someone.
>>
>>25154683
Well for me if I confessed and got rejected, I would count it as another unforgivable mistake in my past. And every time I was reminded of it I'd want to kill myself.
>>
File: 1429764365995.gif (2 MB, 475x277) Image search: [Google]
1429764365995.gif
2 MB, 475x277
>>25154683
You cannot have your cake and eat it...
>>
File: 1429806292387.png (7 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
1429806292387.png
7 KB, 284x284
>>25155083
>>25155153
this, couldn't have said it better
>>
File: 1450070210132.jpg (75 KB, 519x250) Image search: [Google]
1450070210132.jpg
75 KB, 519x250
>>25154683
I had a fucking weird ass ex that cancelled dates constantly and wouldn't tell me until the last minute or until after she told me to go wait for her somewhere. She did this like 10 times for every one date we actually went on, NO HYPERBOLE. Despite this she texted me every day for hours on fucking end to the point of interrupting my university work and even at my job. Breaking up with her shut her up for about a week before she wanted to get back together and suddenly had all the free time in the world. Naw, I'm glad I cut contact, she was fucking annoying.
>>
I was planning on proposing to the girl I was with, when she decided to abandon me and run off. That sort of betrayal isn't something I can live with. How can I be friends with someone who would do that to me?

This is such a stupid discussion blox
>>
>>25154683
>>25154688
How are you supposed to get over someone if you still see and talk to each other OP
>>
>>25154688
my ex and i decided to try and stay at least friends, and now we play vidya together 2 years later.

though, at first, it sucked. all we did was fight
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.