[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ive only seen about 20 animes but i feel like ive seen all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11
File: sadfrog.png (186 KB, 936x590) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.png
186 KB, 936x590
ive only seen about 20 animes but i feel like ive seen all the good ones already. evangelion, cowboy bebop, nhk, k-on, etc. Their just isnt that much good anime desu
>>
list all the animes you've seen
>>
>>25152024

hyouka

you're welcome
>>
File: 1441935457482.png (208 KB, 407x475) Image search: [Google]
1441935457482.png
208 KB, 407x475
>>25152024
>good ones
>k-on
yea ok bud
>>
Only a very, very tiny number of anime is popularly known, probably less than 50... out of THOUSANDS. Even if an anime is popular in its time, it'll likely not remain popularly known. Even among more or less dedicated anime watchers there aren't that many shows that people bring up often. Many shows are essentially forgotten as soon as they've finished airing, or at least it seems that way.

If you just rely on what everyone is talking about then yeah you end up with 20 or so anime. But you've not even scratched the surface.
>>
>>25152114
This. Last good anime that came out was Zankyou no Terror. This moe-shit is clearly dominant over quality art.
>>
File: Teppu_v05_ch18_100-101.jpg (894 KB, 2333x1600) Image search: [Google]
Teppu_v05_ch18_100-101.jpg
894 KB, 2333x1600
>>25152024
crawl further down the hole and start reading manga
>>
File: 1447824883044-mu.jpg (33 KB, 358x340) Image search: [Google]
1447824883044-mu.jpg
33 KB, 358x340
You just gotta listen to the big dogs.
>>
>>25152300
Popular myth, but the reality is that there's only a couple of "moe" shows per season. This season there has been more mecha anime than moe anime.

Most people don't really watch anime. They watch a few shows here and there when they've gotten really popular, like One Punch Man recently. Aside from that they just rely on hearsay and speculation and don't know anything about what's really going on. Somehow the myth got started that something called "moe" has taken over anime, but since nobody watches anime they don't know it's just a myth.
>>
watch kek la kek
>>
>>25152068
op, dont listen to this shit tier advice

>>25152114
real talk

op you probably have shit taste just watch fma:b or steins;gate

or enter the world of anime thats actually good and watch mawaru penguindrum
>>
Your opinion on anime means absolutely nothing until you've seen at least 300 series.
>>
I loved Death Note (prolly everyone) and Ive been looking for similar animes but nothing gets to me.. not even darker than black and ergo proxy.. Any suggestions?
>>
>>25152476
Imagine how much anime Jonathan Clements must have seen. He's the co-author of the Anime Encyclopedia, wrote a book on the history of anime, and has done all kinds of other work related to anime for a long time now. Then consider that he does the same "omg anime is so sexist and problematic :( :(" hand-wringing that you get all the time from clueless newbies on sites like ANN and MAL. He also doesn't seem to know or care anything about otaku culture.
>>
>>25152576
Probably not that much. It looks like he did most of his research through the autobiographies of animators and directors. I'd imagine he's seen some, but most of his research isn't from first-hand experience based on what I read from one of his interviews on the subject.
>>
>>25152024
but have you watched the 1st 3 gundam series
>>
>>25152722
Well yeah, I don't expect him to have actually watched everything in the encyclopedia, especially if he has to do it legally, but he certainly must have seen a lot anime. And still, when it comes to certain important topics his opinion isn't any more worthwhile than some random MAL user's.
>>
>>25152524
Monster

This particular comment in this thread is fantastically original.
>>
>>25152024
Bebop is the only good one on that list. Nhk is OK I guess.

Try these:
Akage no Anne
Ashita no Joe
Aria the Animation
Ping Pong the Animation
Texhnolyze
Perfect Blue
Samurai Flamenco
>>
>>25152024
descend into moeshit and yuri and become one with robot
>>
>>25152785
I doubt he's seen a show that aired after 2005. He probably has a wider range of knowledge than most people in terms of the year range of shows he's seen. Most people now rarely go back and watch shows before 2000.
>>
>>25152821
evangelion is good
>>
>>25152899
He does watch recent anime. He recently reviewed Mangaka-san for example. It has pretty much the same substance as the hysterical polemic ANN vomited out (after which the reviewer probably killed himself to atone for the patriarchy's sins).

http://schoolgirlmilkycrisis.com/2015/11/15/harem-scare-em/
>>
>>25152821
>Samurai Flamenco
Started so good and went to complete shit by the end.
>>
>>25153088
I think it's the least predictable anime I've ever seen. It's just so balls-to-the-wall crazy. Every time I thought I knew where the show was going it went somewhere else.

When the story first started going off the rails I thought it would turn out they were shooting a movie or it was a dream or something, and I just kept waiting for that to be revealed. Nope.
>>
>>25152024
Broaden your view, ya seen nothing yet. Also read manga
>>
File: 1441654629097.png (570 KB, 2118x1276) Image search: [Google]
1441654629097.png
570 KB, 2118x1276
No watching jojo
>>
File: watashi.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
watashi.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
I've been in that position when i started watching anime a long time ago. You just need to stop being a pleb and start getting into high quality stuff.

Try Tatami Galaxy, Kaiba, Mononoke (series), Panty & Stocking, FLCL, Bakemonogatari, and Dennou Coil.

Those are all excellent and well animated series that if you have appreciation for good writing and design you can get into easily, from that point onward you can branch out into more specialized stuff.
>>
The only good anime is Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
>>
>>25153311
I simply love this meme.
>>
>>25152300
No thank you no terror was Wantanabe's worst work. Daily reminder:
Bebop > Kids on the Slope > Champloo =Dandy >>>>> Zankyo no Terror
>>
Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail

These are the best 3!!!
>>
>>25154559
ZnT is only notable for its cinematic look, otherwise it was pretty bad. Aimless, half-baked script.
>>
> Noragami, Tokyo Ravens, Strike The Blood, Assasination Classroom, ~monogatari up to Nisemonogatari, Mekaku City Actors, Nyaruko-San, Chunnibyou.
> list goes on
Rate, please.
>>
>>25154632
Actual question: is this post ironic? Or is it your real opinion?
This gets thrown around a lot, but 4chan really has gone to shit as far as the userbase is concerned. Every day you see at least two uses of emoticons, on any board. People don't even get reprimanded for their use anymore.
>>
>>25152024
You definitely haven't seen all the good anime but you are right anyway, anime is mostly shit. Manga is superior medium, japan agrees.
>>
Darker than Black
School Rumble
Love Lab
>>
>>25154729
>Noragami
First season was ok, the second has been much better.

>Monogatari
Great.

>Mekaku City Actors
I had not even the slightest fucking idea what was going on and wasn't interested enough to try to figure it out. Some episodes are visually interesting though.

>Nyaruko-san
It's fun and I always like listening to Asumi Kana.

>Chuunibyou
Good. Chuuni characters are always fun.

Haven't seen the rest.

>>25154809
As a medium about the only advantage manga has over anime is that it can be made cheaply by one or two people.
>>
>>25154809
I might be wrong, but it sounds like you just haven't watched good animation. Check out Yuasa's stuff.
>>
>>25154868
Manga art is infinitely better.
Manga has a much more wider variety of story since it doesn't need to sell as much as anime to be profitable.
Manga have far better storylines which won't get cut short/left on a cliff hanger/given a shitty anime only ending/be full of filler.
Manga don't need a movie level budget to not look cancerous.
Manga is read by everyone and not only turbonerds

Occasionally good voice acting will make things a little better but that's it.
>>
>>25154868
Don't bother yourself with Mekaku, it is made just for the purpose of advertusing Vocaloids, especially IA and Miku.
> for those who give a fuck about what i'm talking
First, there were series of MVs called "Kagerou Project". Then followed fan-based manga because music was fucking awesome, and then Shaft saw this manga.
>>
>>25154632
Omg, same here!

Have you seen Death Note as well? Light Yamagi is such a cool character :D
>>
>>25154938
Yuasa is alright (and Ping Pong is one of the few example of an anime being better than it's manga) but as far as excellent animators go my favourite is Kawajiri and two more modern animators I like are Koike and Yoshinari.

The absolute best anime in any form is the Giant Robo OVAs, nothing will ever be that good again.
>>
>>25153293
Jojos is probably one of the best to come out in recent years.

Also, don't right a show off just because it has funny cover art OP. also don't be afraid to try new genres. watching the same one genre over and over will burn you out real quick.
>>
>>25152024
>Fate/ *anything except the DEEN anime*
>Kara No Kyoukai
>Serial Experiments Lain
>Gintama
>Gurren Lagann
>Jojos
>UC timeline Gundam
>Madoka
>Burst Angel
>Getter Robo
>>
>>25154950
Those are all accounted for by what I just said: manga can be cheaply made by one or two people.

Manga does not have colors, animation, music, sound effects and voice acting.
>>
>>25155134
Just having those things doesn't make anime better, in the vast majority of cases every one of those aspects are done poorly and just make the product worse.

And at the end of the day, 95% of anime are just adverts to sell more manga and nothing else.
>>
>>25155326
>And at the end of the day, 95% of anime are just adverts to sell more manga and nothing else.
Meme.
>>
>>25155390
This is literally, literally, what anime is for. No one gives a fuck about it, manga sales are the main thing.
>>
>>25155605
People misunderstand this because they confuse the publisher with the anime studio hired to do the adaptaption. The publisher's motive for the adaptation may be to increase sales of the source material, but the studio doesn't see any money from that, and their concern is making the best anime they can. Some of the best-regarded anime of all time are adaptations, but I don't see anyone accusing them of being "advertisements" even though in principle they aren't any different from the poorly made adaptations that do get accused of being advertisements.

And I guess you're forgetting that not all anime is based on manga. Many are based on light novels, some are based on visual novels/games and traditional novels, and others are original. And even if an adaptation of a manga doesn't greatly increase the manga's sales, it can still make a profit. If manga sales were all that mattered then why would they bother with all the other stuff like character goods and music CDs?
>>
>>25152024
please watch jojo
>>
>>25154809
if i was going to read comics i might as well just read books
>>
File: 1443034947994.jpg (54 KB, 707x698) Image search: [Google]
1443034947994.jpg
54 KB, 707x698
YURU YURI, MATE

cute! CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!
>>
>>25157266
this show just makes me feel weird

i like k-on, i like nichijou, i like azumanga daioh, i can't watch yuru yuri
>>
I never see No Game No Life recommended on here.

I usually don't watch anime comedies but it involved hikikomori who play lots of games so I could relate.

It was also a little like Liar Game in that it had impossibly smart protagonists solving complex problems, which I like as a gimmick.
>>
>>25153088
That's kind of the brilliance of it though.
You go through the whole thing expecting some sort of explanation and then the show just looks at you like you're the one that's crazy.
>>
>>25154559
Watanabes's worst work is still better than 95% that's out there.
>>
>>25154694
It had a ton of potential. If only it embraced the edgy terrorist protagonist story it was advertised to be. It could have been amazingly good.
>>
>>25157382
I really can't tell the difference between baiting and genuine shit taste any more.
>>
>>25158207
I actually liked it.

I'm not defending it to the death or anything. It was the only recent show I liked enough to watch all the way to the end. All recent anime has been shit desu.
>>
>>25152024
Those are some edgy picks. Toss in Wolf's Rain, Big O, and Escaflowne the movie (the tv series is way better) for some oldies but goodies.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.