[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In real life you can actually see the people who choose to actively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 692x577
In real life you can actually see the people who choose to actively ignore attention whores.
>>
>>25148095
huh? what's your point?
it's fine that you notice, but why are you telling us?
>>
>>25149232
Too many people assume no one is actively avoiding threads that they themselves deem cancer, they then assume that because no one is doing it it's not a valid method to seeing said threads die out. It seems to me that we should integrate threads like this into our culture so people can be led by an example that would otherwise go unnoticed.
>>
>>25150427
allright but where will you lead the discussion? I fully agree by the way.
>>
>>25151032
We could start by letting the lurkers of this thread know that we atm we only think we're right, and that it's ABSOLUTELY necessary to try at least point out flaws that we might not have noticed. This way we're less likely to have unknown unknowns fuck us over.

Afterwards we can discuss how to implement our revised idea to benefit us, bear in mind that I'm assuming that we don't notice any major flaws that we couldn't fix that would Worsen the nature of this board more than it's worth.
>>
>>25151768
Having said this, I also notice that we need to have we need to have a discussion about what 'us' is. I look at the R9K today and I see that the vast majority of posters displaying poor->no reasoning when calling out "normies" behavior. I have differing hypothesis for different archetypes of posters as to why this is, ultimately it boils down to peoples reduced reasoning skills when angered. Whether or not that anger is justified is besides the point, In most cases the accused shitters will not leave or perhaps enjoy the anger and seek it out again. the current concept of how to implement my ideas is as followed: we need a constant 24/7 thread that advertises the importance of ignoring cancerous threads, the 24/7 thread will be kept alive by discussion of what is a objectively shitty thread as opposed to what's a objectively good thread or acceptable, we archive particular well thought reasoning (in the hopes it will trigger the angry to use instead of insults that feed trolls or is brushed off by the toxic).
>>
Well...lurker who doesn't respond to woman/people claiming to be woman-threads, reporting.
>>
>>25148095

that's us. that's us m8. they are robots.
>>
>>25151768
No lurkers out of the shadows yet, so I'll continue with the how best to the discussion on what I currently think is best for cutting down on objectively shit threads.

I believe it's best that it's in our best interest to avoid turning this into somewhere where there's more incentives/disincentives to warping their speech, speech should remain as free if not freer than it already is. We won't do as Reddit and implement a voting system, or names. This is an anonymous image board, so submitting to popular opinion can not be a inherently good thing.

Their are some shit posting that's fun for newfags but incredibly stale for oldfags like me. Oldfags should have no more right to use 4chan than newfags, God knows how many cringey cliche posts we all made. But oldfags experience on 4chan shouldn't be solely to indoctrinate them nor tell them to fuck off (it doesn't work).

We should make a single 24/7 thread that reminds people of the purpose of ignoring objectively shit threads threads. The purpose being that it's better to ignore threads than actively bump it in (much to the glee of trolls), regardless of whether or not the individual is justified. everyone thinks they're justified posting to get rid of a thread regardless of if they're not. Said 24/7 thread should be kept alive by discussion of what is an objectively shitty thread.

We'll archive well made explanation of why some threads are objectively shit, this way we can accelerate newfags development lessening the amount of shitty threads by reaching them with reason. This will make it more efficient for old flags to browse for objectively not shit threads.
>>
>>25153118
It's in our benefit to change the culture of this board without imposing said culture onto others.
>>
>>25153060
>>25154190
Sorry for the remake posts.
>>
File: vhD-wOp-_400x400.png (174 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
vhD-wOp-_400x400.png
174 KB, 400x400
I gave reading all this shit an honest attempt I really did

Don't know if this is at all relevant (again tl;dr) but maybe if you faggots got over this having emotions meme you could ignore attention whores too. You guys with your "giving a fuck" and "wanting a gf" just leave me dumbfounded.
>>
>>25154762
You got it wrong m8. I can and do ignore the threads, it's the best way to browse 4chan for the mature atm. But to say that it is a efficient to do so compared to how I envision it would be false. Whether my concept will have just my intended results is the real problem I see.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.