[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unemployment, depression, suicide general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 15
File: dead.jpg (81 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
81 KB, 645x773
>can't find a job
>like, CAN'T FIND A FUCKING JOB AT ALL, no calls after sending 100 resumes/CVs every fucking day
>applying for everything except for janitor/cleanup guy you know (idk how to say exactly)
>future looking darker and darker each day, depression getting worse and eating the remains of my soul non-stop
>will probably an hero soon because i can't fucking stand this situation anymore

I wonder where did i fucked up so bad.

i'm 25yo, and i've worked before (6 times).
>>
Same here but i have no experience
I just wanna make some money so im not depended on my parents so much
Why is it so hard
>>
Lol you guys are bitch ass pussies I just sent out applications for a month and nailed my first two interviews, had to turn one down.

Starting next week, $35,000.00 starting
>>
File: 1437455146808.jpg (2 MB, 2361x3372) Image search: [Google]
1437455146808.jpg
2 MB, 2361x3372
Nice brag.

>>>/soc/
>>>/adv/

You're better off on these boards you normie bastard.
>>
20 year old NEET, 21 soon. Never worked. Either I get a job before my 22nd birthday or I an hero.
>>
File: hr stuff'.png (39 KB, 1447x465) Image search: [Google]
hr stuff'.png
39 KB, 1447x465
>>25147688

Have you tried lying? I've been in and out of about ten jobs over the past 4-5 years and I've got them mostly from lying. I even went in without showering for weeks (granted I did wash my nuts with soap + water to get rid of that cheese smell) and managed to nail a computer technician job at HR Block. As soon as I left the interview -- I was hired.

Really, all it takes is a good belief in your bullshit, a small bid of research and the ability not to spill your spaghetti for five minutes to ensure you'll get a job. I've been an on again off again NEET because I get super depressed and burn out of jobs, but I don't believe I'll ever be without a job. And when my parents die, I think I'll be able to wrangle a job and wageslave until I blow my brains out.

I just work to save up to buy nice things and then NEET up again. So if my bum-ass can do it, you can to fellow depressed NEET. I believe in you.

Pic RELATED.
>>
>>25148031
Hey man don't worry too much. I had no experience up until I was 22. I volunteered a little and got a job through people I met there.
>>
File: 1450679232721.png (423 KB, 631x394) Image search: [Google]
1450679232721.png
423 KB, 631x394
>>25148057

Oh, and don't make any bullshit lies. Make them realistic. Try to make them tailored to the position, explain how you are a good tool for the employer to use and show you are reliable. Make the resume easy to read as most recruiters don't want to read some 32423432432432 paragraph long resume. Just be precise and to the point.

Furthermore, it's good to have a few false references as well. If need be, I'd even be willing to give ya one of my throw-away emails and throw-away online phones to help a robot out. However, I wasn't asked for any references on mine.

So, even if you don't, just research any closed down businesses and list them on your resume. I know someone told me awhile ago to mention something like Circuit City because they can't really question ya much on something that is already dead.

And most of all, don't believe your own bullshit or any of the shit on /r9k/. Really, if you are desperate for a job, you'll fake the bullshit enough to get through the interview. It's all just research, planning and believing in your bullshit.

Of course, even for us robots/cyborgs/failed normies or whatever you want to call me or you, it only goes so far. It always comes back to the cycle of depression to me and I just count down the days until I burn out and move to another job/NEET it up for a bit.
>>
Who no job, no skills and in debt here

Eh if it wasn't for my mom I'd have ended it ages ago
>>
>>25148179
The no experience thing is killing me desu. I think I should do some more work experience to up my chances of something. I would be perfectly fine being a wagecuck somewhere for a while.
>>
File: 1450350406764.jpg (9 KB, 204x248) Image search: [Google]
1450350406764.jpg
9 KB, 204x248
>>25148183
Are you me? I've done this so many times and have become somewhat proficient in the art of bullshitting. I've been neeted up for 3 months and I'm ready to get my ass in gear again. Maybe next time I should save my money for the inevitable neetdom that shall come.
>>
>>25147688

Keep grinding. My worst month was 330 resumes out in August 2013 with 6 replies. On the whole was looking for work for 8 months before I got a thing.

If the search makes you want to kill yourself, getting a bad one is even worse. Good luck young man.
>>
File: IMG_1695.jpg (30 KB, 208x246) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1695.jpg
30 KB, 208x246
>>25148285

Yeah, it gets pretty predictable when you get right down to it. Most employers don't even give a shit about background checks I've found. As I've lied on everything from my degree, job experience and references.

All they are really looking for is someone who they believe can do the job, is tolerable to be around and can hold their spaghetti long enough to seem competent in the job they are applying for.

Not once have I ever been called out on my bullshit. Granted, they are small lies that aren't worth peering into, but that's where the acceptance lays.

Saying things like "I helped improved productivity by 5-10%"

"I worked here for 1-2 years"

"Analyzed issues on computer systems, hardware, Email and internet devices to resolve complaints, answer inquiries and provide solutions"

And other bullshit like that seems to work for them.

Though, in my case, I also think it helps because I'm a blackbot and it plays in my hand a bit to have the diversity card in my favor. As I know they are usually looking for a quota to fill. And, since I don't talk or look like I came straight from the hood, a lot of the time I don't run into issues.

I just ensure that I keep an articulate tone of vocabulary, remain neutral and seem as non-threatening as possible. I tuck my pants in, wear my belt, get nice dress shoes and wear a button-down shirt and get to business.

It's really not that hard to find a job in my experience and I don't see what the big fuss about finding one is anymore if you are willing to put in a little bit of research.
>>
>>25147688
>>25147955
>>25148404
do this on your next applications:

right after you submit the application, call the company's human resources department. say your first and last name, the position you applied for, and say that you're looking forward to being considered. then say your phone number, and thank them for their time.

try to do it smoothly. like a newscaster or a "recording" almost. practice if you need to. the goal is to impress them with your professional demeanor.

doesn't matter if it's a person, or the voicemail. and if it's a larger company, actually put forth effort to google the right office (usu. human resources). don't just call the front desk or something. if you can work banter into the conversation somehow, do it. but they're at work not a comedy show, so be brief. you're basically self-inviting yourself for a short interview.

and it WORKS.
>>
>>25148057
Can you elaborate on how to get a technician job? What do I need to put on my resume to get accepted?
>>
Fucking kill yourself jakeyboy.
>>
>>25148499

Yeah, give me a sec'. I just logged into another part-time I got working from home. I'll go on restroom and give you some tips.
>>
File: 1309888250896.jpg (69 KB, 676x673) Image search: [Google]
1309888250896.jpg
69 KB, 676x673
>>25148499

I put down that I had about five years of work experience. A lot of it was based around customer service, administrative work and technician work.

"PUT BUSINESS NAME HERE | PUT ADDRESS HERE

-PUT POSITION TITLE HERE-

FROM 00/00 TO 00/02

Responsibilities

Installed hardware and software systems
Handled and repaired computer equipment
Over saw and maintained security systems
Provided technical support over the phone and via email
Assisted in setting up appointments with clients at the front desk
Helped with phone calls and operated a switchboard to route calls to different people
Coordinated mail flow in the office
Gathered personal information on clients
Ensured all workspaces were tidy
Delivered faxes on behalf of my employer
"

You can really just google any job responsibilities/duties, put them into an easy to read AND QUICK format and slap it on your resume. Just be sure to re-word in case you run into companies that look for phrases. That's what I always do.

Really, people are looking for soft skills (how you deal with people) and hard skills (whatever bullshit you sell on the resume)

Heck, even the job I'm at now accepted that. I used to be full-time work from home, but work gets tedious and tiresome. And, if you are going into IT, you'll know the pain of boredom, repetitiveness and depression soon enough.
>>
>>25148659
How did they not verify that with the company?
>>
File: 1346663082968.jpg (14 KB, 487x287) Image search: [Google]
1346663082968.jpg
14 KB, 487x287
>>25148659

I'd also be sure to break it up into different sections to when it comes to your resume and make sure it looks neat.

"YOUR NAME

WORKEMAIL
PHONE NUMBER

QUALIFCATIONS

-PUT IN A QUICK SUMMARY ABOUT YOURSELF, SELL YOURSELF AND ADD IN YOUR EXPERIANCE LIKE A COVER LETTER-

COMPUTER SKILLS

-PUT WHATEVER SKILLS YOU HAVE AS NEATLY AS POSSIBLE"

WORK EXPERIENCE

-PUT WHAT I STATED IN MY LAST POST-

EDUCATION

-BLAH BLAH-"

You don't even need to bother with referneces unless ask. NEVER volunteer information. You can even just google what kind of resume employers want for the most part and make it look like that.
>>
File: 1334492866426.png (180 KB, 508x295) Image search: [Google]
1334492866426.png
180 KB, 508x295
>>25148692

9 times out of 10, most companies don't do extensive checks. At least, that is my experience. I've never really had any issues with verification checks as they never really ask outside of making sure you are a residence. They will ask you for identity like state ID, social security, proof of residence and stuff like that for documentation purposes. But other than that? Nope. Nothing.
>>
>>25147688
>can't find a job
Shit son don't you have something like Manpower or something where you just go do some manual labor for a day? Keep doing that, get to know some people, get a job hanging drywall or something, it's not that fucking hard.

Also
>can't find a job, I'm so depressed, woe is me
>but fuck being a janitor, I'd rather kill myself then run a fucking vacuum
>>
File: Work Stuff.png (40 KB, 758x526) Image search: [Google]
Work Stuff.png
40 KB, 758x526
>>25148757

And, to further elaborate, they realllllllly don't even bother much with former employers. I just put the address and phone number in good faith. Plus, if push comes to shove, you just throw bullshit references if they really press it. Which is why I offered a throw-away phone/email for the other anon if they needed it.

And here is other proof that a lot of my lies work @ the work from home thing I'm doing at the moment
>>
>>25148757
Did you have multiple job positions involving tech support or just this one 2-year job experience? Did you write a cover letter?
>>
File: restroom break.png (12 KB, 199x437) Image search: [Google]
restroom break.png
12 KB, 199x437
>>25148863

And another

It is possible for robots, cyborgs, NEETS and failed normies to bullshit through a job even with no skills, qualifications, training or education. Just gotta bullshit as hard as possible until it becomes natural. I'm too lazy to go through all that tedious crap and life just isn't worth all that wasted time.
>>
>>25148863
Also how do you get work from home?
>>
File: 1426829280503.png (47 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
1426829280503.png
47 KB, 225x350
>>25148877

Since I'm 22, I put in some obvious jobs that a teenager would have.

I started out cashiering, dropped out for a year to get education, added in information about a computer repair technician job + front desk assistant job, more sales associate work and computer technician work

A lot of the duties/responsibilities I just pasted from google on to my resume and I reworded them so they wouldn't seem copypasted.

>>25148904

I just used the same-methods I've outlined in the thread, but towards working from home. The only difference is that I needed to do it on video cam, do some certification test given by the employer (which are piss easy) and make sure I had a decent computer + stable internet connection.
>>
>>25149008
Should I just make a fake LLC and website since I have no clue on what companies to put for technical jobs? Also shoot me the throw away email that I can use for a reference. I am taking down everything your telling me and applying tommorow when I apply for more jobs.
>>
>>25149133

Go ahead if you want. I can help you more on that in email.

[email protected]

Add that.
>>
>applying for first job
>just some menial shit, i need the shekels and it doesn't look too difficult
>get to the end
>please include at least two references
>every single job, even the shitty cleaner gigs need references
>who the fuck can i put down
>>
>>25147688
What have you studied?
>>
>>25148002
This board has become relationship advice/camwhoring/and unifeels
>>
>>25148002
lmao, so bf/gf shit ass threads, "waaaa, i want sex" threads, gay shit non-stop is ok?

fuck off to /b/ you fucking loser
>>
>>25149337
Sent, thanks!
>>
>>25147688
lmao and im 24y/o making $25 an hour working 12hr night shifts as Maintenance/Machine Tech. and all it took was 1 year at the local technical college and costed me about $10,000. easily paid for itself multiple times now.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 92x92) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 92x92
>>25149781
You're the man with the well executed plan Dan!
>>
dont the job centers have jobs that ppl arent too picky about hiring becuz they get tax writeoffs??

anyone try that
>>
>>25147992
are you OK accepting a low paying job?
>>
>>25149850
Steps to work? UK?

You only get that shit if you've been claiming 6 months+ minimum and it's not an actual job you still get shitty benefits. the idea is that it builds up your work experience and the place that takes you for a couple of months might keep you on.

You're honestly better just walking into a bar or restaurant and asking for work as a barback or kitchen porter.
>>
>>25147688
>capitalism meme
become a public servant. what kind of retard associates with the private sector? this is literally wageslavery.
>>
>>25149781
What do you actually do?
Like what kind of machines do you fix?
>>
>>25150062

no there's a job center building where i live in the US and they let me register but i never went back

i assume ppl get incentive to hire from those places
>>
>>25147688
>mfw gender dysphoria
>mfw catholic
>cannot transition
>fear the surgery anyway
>mfw deranked to silver I
>mfw ill never get a knife
>>
>>25147992
Doing hhhhhwat??
>>
>>25150810
>gender dysphoria

Kill yourself
>>
Im in the same boat, but i got invited to an interview tomorrow as a cashier
>>
>>25150857
level 1 IT help desk, so basically I get payed to shitpost on here.
>>
>>25147688
Unemployment is at 4.9% what are you even doing?
>inb4 participation rate
Yeah, oh no! Housewives, kids, students, seniors not working the economy is collapsing!
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.