[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the biggest red flags for people /r9k/? >owning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 19
File: 1445124151384.jpg (30 KB, 193x282) Image search: [Google]
1445124151384.jpg
30 KB, 193x282
What are the biggest red flags for people /r9k/?

>owning weapons
>owning ancient defunct weapons
>owning JAPANESE weapons
>practicing using these weapons
>>
What if they live in a neighborhood full of niggers?
>>
>>25146361
Who are you going to fight with a katana? This isn't one of your anime.
>>
>they use stupid nicknames or misspellings for things they don't like
>i.e. "Obongo" "Micro$shit" "Jar Jar Abrams" etc

I've always felt that this was a sure sign of mental illness or autism.
>>
File: 1449603133761.jpg (21 KB, 300x286) Image search: [Google]
1449603133761.jpg
21 KB, 300x286
She fucked more than 2 people.
>>
>>25146361
thats a giant red flag right there

it means you fucked up your life so bad that you live in a poor area, are probably not college educated, and probably dont/cant trust the police

i would not interact with a person who cant trust the people around them to act civilized - like when I go to the library or a cafe or something, its pretty normal that if I go to the bathroom, I should expect my laptop to be where I left it, right? I can't even imagine being so broken I have to worry about my LIFE when I go out in public
>>
>for women

>dyed hair
>bright red lipstick
>hipster glasses
>fat or chubby
>mentions or brings up tumblr or sjw in their first few conversations with you

Those kind of people, you just ignore them and leave them be, unless you have to for work, in which case you treat them politely but always at a distance.
>>
Aside from obvious ones like "is mean"

>has no creative hobbies
>doesn't understand the difference between opinions and facts
>doesn't attempt to articulate feelings
>doesn't attempt to learn new things
>>
septum piercings

huge visible tattoos
>>
File: 1404414820682.png (402 KB, 898x589) Image search: [Google]
1404414820682.png
402 KB, 898x589
>>25146425
>i would not interact with a person who cant trust the people around them to act civilized

how cucked do you have to be to think badly of people who take personal responsibility of their safety and that of their belongings
>>
>>25146337
>he/she is smug about being an absolute nobody
I don't mind if you live off neetbucks watching anime all day, but I do mind if you think that's a legitimate way of life.
>>
Neon hair colour
Aggressively liberal views
Vaginas
>>
>>25146458
>t. owner of an assault rifle

perhaps my post was a slight exaggeration but i definitely disagree with yours - people do not have to take personal responsibility for their safety anymore. We have police and laws now so I can safely walk around and expect to not be hurt or killed - there is a societal responsibility for safety I suppose

people that think its a good idea to carry around with them shit like knifes (or even worse the ones crazy enough to own guns, let alone carry them) clearly or either paranoid or are too broken to live in an actual nice functional area, carrying around weapons does nothing but increase tension for the people around you and makes me think we are still in fucking feudal times or the wild west or something
>>
What if I owned an arisaka 98?
>>
>Any tatoos at all.

>single parent

>even mildly overweight

These are all red flags that you're speaking to a subhuman
>>
>>25146552
then you are a historian or very dedicated hobbyist and that is perfectly fine as long as you dont use it or consider yourself a marksman or some retarded shit like that
>>
>>25146337
What about assault weapons?
>>
>>25146399
>>25146399
Look at this newfag.
>>
>has any tatoos at all
>unnatural hair color (not even necessarily neon)
>even mildly overweight
>single parent
>says "supposably"

These are red flags that the person is subhuman
>>
>>25146438
Bright red lipstick is fedora tier.
It's women trying to be 1920s autism.
Taylor swift embodies it, be
But she gets to because it can be her artistic art style.
>>
>>25146337
Think points 2 and 3 are covered by the first one there
>>
>>25146519
Police and laws are after sight, they show up after the fact, they're the ones who tape everything off so they can scrape you off the pavement.
>>
>>25146519
You've never held a gun have you?
You're scared to death of a chunk of metal.
Handled properly they're perfectly safe.
>>
File: tumblr_nkuqefbZKT1rc9ofxo1_500.jpg (73 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkuqefbZKT1rc9ofxo1_500.jpg
73 KB, 500x368
>25146552
>25146611
I love antique and historic weapons, along with the rest of military history.

I wish I could get a job researching, preserving, and teaching it like Ian here does.

(also, sorry the image is from tumblr, it was the one that came up on google.)
>>
>owning weapons
give me one solid reason as to why owning a tool that brings with it a tendency towards practice and discipline is somehow a bad thing
this applies to all weapons, from a woodcutting axe to a shotgun
>>
>>25146659
Why is supposably a red flag?
>>
Why is owning a gun a red flag? They're pretty fun
>>
>Not a virgin
>Does drugs
>Drinks at parties or gets drunk at all
>Has tattoos
>Nas piercings other than earings(none for guys)
>Likes anything about black culture
>Believes in crazy shit like 3rd wave feminism
>>
>>25146756
Because 99.99999999999999% of the time, people actually mean "Supposedly."

"Supposably" is actually a word, but it's so uncommon that I've never seen it used properly except in examples to demonstrate how it's used, and Chrome doesn't even recognize it as a word when typed.
>>
>>25146756
The word is supposedly.

If they pronounce it like that they are a mouth breathing fucking unfit to clean the underside of my shoe with their mother's cuntflaps
>>
>they use t.b.h or f.a.m
literally the worst meme in use today.
>>
File: any time m'lady.gif (2 MB, 540x290) Image search: [Google]
any time m'lady.gif
2 MB, 540x290
>2016 minus 10 days
>not fending off thugs with ancient japanese weapons
It's like you faggots WANT to be helplessly mugged.
>>
>>25146796
Google voice to chat recognized it when I sent you that reply..
>>
>>25146857
>what's wrong with assault rifles? they're fucking cool. I feel safe in my home and neighborhood but I'd still want to own an assault rifle tbqh

This for me too. I want an AR, not because I'm under any illusions about actually using it as a weapon, but because it's fun to poke holes in paper or make a metal gong ring at 200 yards with one.

There's something very zen about shooting, especially when shooting at long range for groupings. I enjoy the focus and concentration involved, the rewarding feeling when you go get the target and see a good group, and the fact that it's one of those rare activities where you can forget your problems and just concentrate on the task at hand. It makes me understand a little why the Japanese put so much religious and philosophical emphasis on archery.
>>
>He has dysthymia
He's not severely depressed and doesn't have it that bad, he'll go on and on about how much he's suffering when it's not much at all in actuality.
>He's not interesting
Is it really so unreasonable to want a guy to have some sort of interest that isn't video games and anime. I don't care if it's sports, collecting comics or fucking white water rafting. If a guy's so boring he can't hold a proper conversation with me there's no way a proper relationship would work out.
>>
>>25146899
dude does seem kind of bad ass the way he sheathes it.
>>
>>25146812
What about ostensibly?
>>
>>25146919
Lol gunfags are showing their overcompensation again
>>
>>25146785
When you said believes in third wave of feminism, you mean believe that it exists? Or believes in its ideals?
>>
>>25146948
If they are not up-and-changing 30% of the word and pronouncing it correctly I have no qualms
>>
>>25146922
Are you a virgin? Are you interesting?
>>
>>25146919
You don't think I have to use it one day when niggers come breaking down your door?
>>
>>25146932
I wanna be that guy. I know most people would see you as a faggot but it'd feel so badass to sheath your katana in front of the news cameras while you tell them how you scared off some violent niggers on the subway
>>
>Has a mental "illness" or thinks they're real
>>
>doesn't like video games
>doesn't like meat
>is into music way too fucking much
>does drugs
>has cheated on a past partner
>>
>>25146975
Believes in it's ideals. I actually only realized recently that those women actually exist outside the internet, and holy fuck they are pure cancer.
>>
>>25147012
> had never been around a manic person
>>
doesn't think alcohol/caffeine/nicotine/cannabis are drugs, or says something like "well *technically they're drugs I guess"

lets me know instantly they're imbeciles

or if they scorn/scoff at philosophy. that's when you know they aren't even worth acknowledging
>>
lmao as if any of you fags are around people enough to have red flags

also why are there so many red flag threads? who genuinely wants to know what turns people off others? this is reddit-tier stuff mang
>>
File: youtried.jpg (58 KB, 452x478) Image search: [Google]
youtried.jpg
58 KB, 452x478
>>25146519
>people do not have to take personal responsibility for their safety anymore.
AHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAHAHAHAH
>>
>>25146425
> has never left her suburb/rural area before
You're the broken person, you have no experience of the outside world. You're the type of person you think gypsies are ok people. I'm not the person who had a real time life experience with them, and know first hand that they are thieves, liars, murderers.
Have fun with your misconceptions of the world when the Hutus come to collect your head, when the Muslims shoot up your cafe, when the barbarians invade Rome.
>>
>>25147061
How can you be sure they scoff at it, when you're the only thing you know to actually exist?
>>
>>25146922
Mild depression is still depression. I understand your point though; I've met many girls who go on about how shit their lives are when really they're actually not that bad.

>tfw can't hold a proper conversation
I've had one gf and most of the reason she dumped me was apparently because I was boring and, in her words, "can hold a bar of soap longer than a conversation" that makes no fucking sense though, i can actually hold a bar of soap for quite a long time if it's dry. Oh, and I pretty much don't have any interests outside of vidya and weeb shit so there's that

On a scale from 10 to 10, how much would you not want to date me?
>>
>>25147105
Its on the same level of telling rapists not to rape, vs telling women not to go out at night alone. Women hate this because it reminds them of Saudi Arabia. Where the true natural relationship of men and women exists. An animalistic relationship.
>>
>>25147044
>gets butthurt easily
>>
>>25146455

>septum piercing

this
I always get a bit salty when I see someone with that. I'm yet to see someone on whom it actually looks good
>>
>>25147151
Listen, I've had first-hand experience with this shit. It's not funny and it is life breaking, and soul crushing.
>>
>>25146337
>owning a weapon

So owning a gun for protection is a red flag? Autist detected
>>
>>25147183
ayy lmao
sure thing friendo
>>
>>25146438
If you have to interact with those types at work then you're probably a psychiatrist lmao
>>
>vegan
>feminist
>won't shut up about being either of the two
>aggressively liberal views
>bigoted
>humourless, general killjoy
>guilt, usually white guilt or male guilt
>dishonest
>will happily fuck around with your feelings
>doesn't seem to care about you but will talk about herself all day
>>
>>25146519
You're making a fool out of yourself
>>
>>25147200
>owing a gun for protection
I'm europoor and I don't know anyone who ever needed that. I only know two families who got robbed, and it was while they were in vacation. And I know a lot of people.
How much of a filthy warzone is america ? Or are you just as paranoid in your everyday life as in politics ?
>>
>>25146337
>Owning Japanese weapons

What if they practice a martial art that requires use of a weapon to train? Things such as Tai-Chi or Xing Yi.
>>
>>25146999
Nope. I lived in LA through the Rodney King riots and they never came to break it down, and if not then, when?

I don't mind the extra security having a gun provides, but it is also not a motivation for owning one, I like them because they're a cool and fun hobby.

Also, if anything, I'm vastly more scared of crazy white people on a rampage than I am of black people. I grew up in a city famed for its gang violence and for its diversity, and one lesson I learned is that the chance of actually getting fucked with is exceptionally low unless you do something very stupid or get yourself involved in criminal enterprises.
>>
>>25147293
Nice ad hominem

Maybe if you shits could carry guns that terrorist attack in Paris wouldn't have happened and there wouldn't be shitskins attacking people in London with meat cleavers
>>
>>25147293
>I don't know anybody that needed one so nobody does
>>
File: 1450655142018.png (140 KB, 369x360) Image search: [Google]
1450655142018.png
140 KB, 369x360
>he prefers baths to showers
That's a huge red flag in itself, everyone knows guys who prefer baths are homos.
>>
>>25147293
We have a lot of Muslims and niggers.
You have those right?
>>
>>25147309
What about when the government comes to round you up?
>>
>>25147413
The chances of that happening are ridiculously small, and if it were to happen, a single rifle would do little except get me killed. I'd rather get caught and then organize an uprising and make running the camp they stuck me in as hard for them as possible.
>>
>>25147337
>knowing a bunch of pussies
lmao
>>
>>25146337
>browsing 4chan
>>
File: lel wat.gif (1 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
lel wat.gif
1 MB, 260x146
HEH IM ALWAYS EQUIPPED
>>
>>25146337
>starting a fembot thread
>bragging that we're the problem not the attention whore
>>
File: MuzIV4R.jpg (895 KB, 2848x4288) Image search: [Google]
MuzIV4R.jpg
895 KB, 2848x4288
>>25146337
>she doesn't own a weapon.
>>
File: 1450202841837.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450202841837.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>Posting rustle
>Talking about lolis
>Over reacting when someone says "pedophile"
>>
>>25149476
>shitty tacticool AR with chink nonsense on the ejection port cover
0/10
>>
>>25146700
It's to be more specific
>>
>>25146337
for men:
>foot fetish
>really into religion/politics/philosophy
>ponytail
>stretched ears
>fussy eater
>relies on parents for everything
>neet
>can't ever admit they're wrong
>no ambition/goals
>>
File: 20151221_112059.jpg (942 KB, 1752x902) Image search: [Google]
20151221_112059.jpg
942 KB, 1752x902
>>25149530
It's not nonsense. It's mai waifu.
>>
>>25149715
can't make shit out there holmes, it's bad and gay and sor u tbqh
>>
>he watches moeshit
>will make fun other people can't but can take a joke
>considers his failures as the result of other people's actions and not himself
>Spews politics into every little aspect of his life
>likes traps but claims he isn't gay
>into furry stuff ponies or lolis, and can't hide that shit to his very core
> hates his mother and father for a frivolous reason
>can't like someone because they don't totally agree with them
>can't handle rejection so we raise the standard so high that he don't have to face rejection
>thinks sitting around all day watching anime and playing video games as a legitimate way of life
>thinks he's superior for having a specific political ideology
>lashes out at others because of rejection
>no fun allowed mentality because you think it's beneath you
>>
File: confused_blackadder.gif (561 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
confused_blackadder.gif
561 KB, 320x200
>>25147113
>I have no "real time life experience" with gypsies
>They are this that
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 600x860
>>25146337
I would think owning the weapon of you don't practice with it would be a red flag.

Otherwise it's an actual hobby, even if it is a gook sword. Gook swords look pretty cool, they're just stigmatized to fuck because people you don't like like them.
>>
File: IMG014.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG014.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>Just...fuck my shit just right on up
>>
>supporting democracy
>having a problem with my figure collection
>touching my onaholes
>>
>>25150149
>that not-G36
I'm aroused. I don't care if it's paintball or airsoft or something, I dig it.
>>
>>25146519
This is ideological cuckoldry. There are actually people out there who believe that they can evade the responsibility of taking care of THEIR OWN SAFETY, and hand that responsibility to law enforcement.
You actually think that human beings should not claim their sovereignty over their own well-being. Holy fuck

How empty and naive do you have to be to sincerely believe such a thing? This baffles me
>>
>>25146337
>not training with an authentic nipponese steel uchigatana folded 100000 times

Git gud
>>
>>25150248
It's actually a custom 10/22 build. Franken-gun, I can get specs if this thread is still up when I get home.
>>
>>25149899
What if you train with a distinctly fictional weapon just influenced by nipponese katanas or whatever?
>>
>>25150432
Why a 10/22? What's with the stanag mag? Why is there the wimpy stamped HF blade and cardboard ninja throwing weapons there? I'm confused now.
>>
>>25146337
I practice martial arts unironically
>>
>Not owning a weapon

You are literally placing the safety of you and your family in the hands of your government and fate. You willingly surrender all volition when it comes to the safety of you and yours because the prospect of using force to respond to someone using it to coerce you makes you uncomfortable.

You are a cuCkold.
>>
>>25150458
This pic was taken as a gag. Old battle buddy of mines pulled out all my wtf guns out of my safe. The other shit was added for flavor. Kinda fit op red flags quite nice
>>
File: image.png (71 KB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
image.png
71 KB, 350x196
>>25150440
That would depend what is defined as "distinctly fictional".

If we're talking about something like pic related, then no - as there is no real "training" you can do with it besides randomly swinging it around.

If we're talking about something that classes are offered for, or if there is a designated way to use the weapon in the real world, then it could be considered a hobby. I'd still consider it a red flag though.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.