[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can /r9k/ never have guns threads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14
File: steyr ma1.jpg (77 KB, 824x600) Image search: [Google]
steyr ma1.jpg
77 KB, 824x600
Seriously, every time one of you faggots posts something firearm related, it's 'WAAH I WANNA KILL NORMIES REEE'
It's so obvious that none of you know anything about firearms ownership or use, which is odd considering it's one of the most conservative and empowering hobbies out there, and can be learned regardless of your physical and mental abilities.

So let's have a guns thread, nogunz invited as long as you don't act like whiny CoD faggots.
Pic related is what I've been eyeing as my new home defense gun, to get something a little nicer than my babby's first 20g shotgun.
>>
after I get a job and get a car, one of my first priorities will be starting the long and arduous process of applying for a firearms license

UNTIL THEN
>>
File: 1450623019212.png (18 KB, 340x330) Image search: [Google]
1450623019212.png
18 KB, 340x330
>tfw britfag
>tfw will never be able to own a gun

Feels pretty bad. Hunting (that is proper hunting with guns, not this hound shit we do over here) seems like something I'd really be into.
>>
>>25146298
I haven't got any guns but I'm quite knowledgable. Thinking about buying some, it's a massive nuisance around here and the old man doesn't want any firearms in the house
>>
>>25146359
Where abouts in Britain? You can get guns pretty easily. Join a club and you can get break action shotguns and handguns.

Norhern ireland and Jersey will let you own guns with minimal restrictions
>>
Getting a shotgun for crimbus, thinking of buying a ruger 10/20 with some of my Christmas bonus, or putting it in a Roth IRA
>>
All guns should be illegal for civilians. If you disagree you're a burger moron.
>>
>>25146392
what kinda shodgum u ged fr crembass?
>>
>>25146397
friendly reminder that violent crime has skyrocketed in Britain ever since they began banning weapons a few decades ago
>muh mudslimes
true, but the crime rate had already started increasing significantly by the thousands
>>
>>25146367
Probs because he lives with you
>>
>>25146390
I'm from Sussex but I'll look into it, thanks.
>>
fuck off back to k amerifat gunfag
>>
>>25146406
It's either a Remington or a Mossberg, they won't tell me

They did tell me that it's a 20 gauge, and I'm honestly relieved

The difference between a 10 and 20 gauge is how long you can shoot the damn thing, and either one is sufficient to kill nigs for cash

I excited
>>
>>25146457
>home/property defense isn't a legitimate use for a firearm
are
are you actually retarded?
>>
I was thinking of getting a Walther p22, it looks so lovely and I love the look of Euro pistols.
>>
File: guns.jpg (501 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
501 KB, 1632x1224
I love guns anon. I go to the range all the time.. heres mine
>>
>>25146514
the p22 is just a striker-fired man, I'd shop around for something at a better price point if possible, the difference in the build is not going to be super noticeable unless you get something like an early-run Shield with a completely fucked up trigger
but that's just my opinion
>>
>>25146546
Thanks for that. Yeah most of the appeal was the low price point and the look, I know it's nothing too fancy, but I'm just enamoured with Walthers right now. It was either that or the p99.
>>
gonna use this thread to ask for a question

Let's say I'm looking for a self-defense revolver, in something like .38 or .40
where should I start looking? I know /NOTHING/ of revolver brands or build quality, etc
can someone throw me a breakdown of babbys first wheelguns?
>>
>>25146612

Home defense, or self defense/concealed carry?
>>
>>25146640
mostly home defense and range toy, I don't plan to concealed carry too much even though I live in a shall issue state, at most keep it in my car when necessary
for that reason, I'm not too worried about it having a tiny frame or anything - if I'm going to buy a revolver over a glawk brand glawk I want it to live up to the name, you know?
>>
>>25146656

If its home defense I don't recommend a revolver. Even with great shot placement, you only get 6 shots to disable your intruder.

That said. This guy goes over the comparison between a self defense semi auto and revolver.. and what he thinks is best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HnzHPLTRZg
>>
>>25146711
that's in no way what I asked for, why even bother tracking down that link to post unwanted garbage?

If you actually prescribe to the idea that you need a dozen rounds of .40 or 9mm into a target to reliably put a human down, you need to take your meme loving ass back to /k/
>>
>>25146752

You completely missed the point, just like you will miss your target and run out of shots.

Home defense scenario will likely be dark, loud, moving targets, you moving. This all adds up to horrible aim. You are going to want more then 6 shots because you are going to miss a lot.

But w/e, your obviously to immature to be owning a gun in the first place. I suggest heading to the range and having an instructor show you how firearms operate and handle before shooting your mouth off like a teenager.
>>
>>25146298
Because we have a whole board for you special people already.
>>
File: mahnigga.jpg (54 KB, 352x329) Image search: [Google]
mahnigga.jpg
54 KB, 352x329
>>25146316
You mean a CHL/CWP/CCL? Or do you have to apply just to OWN one?

I've got a Beretta PX4 full size .40, and a custom built AR10 .308. God damn my rifle's sexy.
>>
>>25146541
Beretta PX4 brother! What caliber?
>>
>>25146983

.45 :D

When it shoots it goes "cha ching... cha ching" as i watch dollar bills fly down range lol
>>
>>25146612
Concealed carry: Ruger LCP .357 2" barrel
Chiappa Rhino .357 2"/4" barrel
S&W Bodyguard .38

Home defense: S&W 500 MAGNUM
S&W Govenor (shoots .410 shotgun or .45LC)

You didn't give me a budget, but that's what I'd suggest off the top of my head. I used to do gun sales, so ask any questions and I'll try to answer. Keep in mind, any .357 can shoot .38 as well. And if you're getting a revolver, do t get one that shoots nirmal handgun cartridges (IE .40, 9mm, .45ACP), because that defeats the whole purpose of a revolver IMO.
>>
>>25147056

You are suggesting a 500 magnum as a persons first gun purchase AND their self defense gun?

What gun sales have YOU been doing?
>>
>>25147019
Yeah, I went with the .40 so I don't cry my wagecuck ass every time I go to the range. I wanna get a .45, but I think I'll go with the Ruger SR1911 for that. God damn those guns are good for 1911s.
>>
>>25147094
>Ruger SR1911

.40 was too snappy for me, felt like handling a pissed off snake
>>
>>25147079
Commission based lol. That one was (sort of) a joke, in case you missed it.

Since he said it's for home defense, I'd honestly suggest the Govenor, or a 4"/6" Chiappa think, since they shoot from the lowest round, and mitigate recoil like a motherfucker
>>
>>25147118
Check out the PX4 (in case you're not my PX4 brother). The barrel rotates, and stays level, so my .40 PX4 kicks like my dad's Ruger SR9.
>>
>>25146811
>tacticool mall ninja thinks he's the only person who can practice with a weapon
>makes it his civil duty to tell everyone else how they should operate tactically
>gets asshurt when someone tells him his opinion is silly
/k/ why are you here?
>>
File: 1412953377421.png (13 KB, 584x444) Image search: [Google]
1412953377421.png
13 KB, 584x444
>>25146298
>Home defense guns
I don't fucking understand this American meme. Is all the US literally such a shithole that you need a gun to shoot all the people constantly trying to break into your homes or are Americans so fucking self-deluded that they think they need it?
Both these options seem pretty unbelievable considering how many fucking people in the US have a hard on for owning a gun
God America is a shithole
>>
File: 1422690018961.jpg (12 KB, 268x200) Image search: [Google]
1422690018961.jpg
12 KB, 268x200
>>25147143
He actually raises very good points. And I didn't interpret any of his words to have the attitude you're accusing him of. He was simply trying to offer help, and a possible alternative to the revolver guy
>>
I live in Jew York City so the process in getting a gun is long and tedious and if I want to get a suppressor I could just forget about that.
>>
File: 144518478008.jpg (42 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
144518478008.jpg
42 KB, 250x238
>>25147171
My apologies for wanting to fucking protect my home and shit in case some bignig decides to break in. Most of us know we'll never even draw our guns, let alone shoot to stop a threat, but fuck me for being ready, huh?
>>
>>25147143

Please stop being a moron, I am genuinely interested in helping you with some decent advice.

Being safe is not tacticool, I don't give a fuck what you want to use, but if you are seriously interested in a home defense weapon you do NOT want a revolver.

*Multiple Targets
*Limited Visibility
*Lack of notice/preperation
*Confusion from waking
*Lots of cover

Six shots means you better make sure you have very accurate aim. Go to the range and practice with a few guns before you go off and buy yourself a gun thats just going to get you killed.
>>
>>25147173
>tries to dictate a home defense scenario like he's ever been in one
>blanket statement assumes everyone that's not him has bad aim at 15 feet
>outright assumes nobody is going to practice drawing and aiming with a home defense gun
>seriously tries to state that it's unlikely a moderately experienced shooter can't land a couple shots at 15 feet or so
>seriously suggests an automatic on the basis that you need at least ten rounds of more of handgun caliber to take down another human

It's /k/ elitism at it's finest.
>>
File: 1446975134391.jpg (21 KB, 248x189) Image search: [Google]
1446975134391.jpg
21 KB, 248x189
>>25147198
I bet this nigger won't even fucking clean it, then take it to a gun Smith while it reeks of old GSR, and claim "uhhhh idk why it don't shoot right no more. I only took it to the range 4 times"
>>
>>25147215

Automatic? When did I suggest an automatic? Im suggesting a semi auto pistol.
>>
>>25146298
>can be learned regardless of your physical and mental abilities

Bullshit. Shooting as a hobby is not only absurdly expensive but also physically straining after but a short while.
>>
>>25147198
>Six shots means you better make sure you have very accurate aim. Go to the range and practice with a few guns before you go off and buy yourself a gun thats just going to get you killed.
anybody who can't hit another human at two dozen feet or less within 6 shots needs to be in a hospital anyways
I know you're think you're being helpful, but you're over-exaggerating the situation to the point of ludicrousness.
>>
>>25147171
There's niggers everywhere. I live in rural Missouri and had 2 bugs break into my home while I was upstairs sleeping on a day I used sick leave from work. I grabbed my gun from the nightstand, cocked it back, and screamed "I'm armed" and the guys bailed. Then I called the cops. Gave them a description of the van they were in and don't know whatever happened after that. Can't imagine what I would have done unarmed against two niggers
>>
>>25147246
>absurdly expensive
if you live somewhere with terrible ammo supply, maybe
>physically straining
okay what
are you a goblin or something? a skeleton man?
>>
>>25147249

No, im assuming this idiot is going to buy a gun with zero prep. and zero practice, because its becoming painfully obvious all he wants to do is drop a few hundred dollars and pretend hes a badass.

Darwinism should solve this pretty quick. So sure, go ahead, buy w/e anon.
>>
>>25146298
Because most of the board is full of underageb& faggots and manchildren.
>Tfw my dad's dad bought him his first rifle when he was 13
>Tfw my dad bought me an AR-15 when I was 15 and said it would officially be mine when I graduated and got a job
>Tfw end up being NEET for six years
>Tfw he moved away and took it with him
Cold as fuck.
>Tfw finally got my first job two months after he left
I'm currently saving up to fix my car up and have emergency money for future repairs. Then I'll buy my first firearm. I want to get an AR, but at the same time I'm curious to try any variant of AK - something larger. But for more practicality, I'd also like to get something I could carry concealed inside my car, probably a .45 USP. So my purchase order for weapons will probably be something like...
>AKM
>HK USP
>AR-15
>Something 12ga - probably Benelli
I've some experience with firearms. I've shot with:
>.22lr
>5.56x45mm/.223 Remington
>7.62x51mm/.308 Winchester
>9x19mm
>.40 S&W
>.44 Remington
>.45 ACP
>12 gauge
Shotguns are 10/10 fun as fuck. I actually enjoyed shooting .22lr more than 9mm. 5.56 is comfy. Anyway, don't have time to stick around, time to justwagecuckmyshitupfam.
>>
>>25146298
Thats what /k/ is for you double nigger
>>
>>25147281
literally in the first post the guy made he stated he intends to use it for home defense and at the range, which pretty blatantly means he's going to practice with the damn thing
you're so goddamn full of shit
lemme know again about how you singlehandedly fought off 15 home invaders at once and are the go-to authority on the subject
>>
File: image.jpg (878 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
878 KB, 2048x1536
>>25146298
>Why can /r9k/ never have guns threads?

because retards respond to low hanging fruit shitposts and derail the threads with /pol/ garbage, that's why
>>
>>25147335
strangely enough, most of the shitposting itt has been from /k/ rather than /pol/
stormweenies are sittin this round out
>>
>>25146397
Why do you think that?
>>25146711
i'll never understand how he decided on a model 66 i like that 3 inch barrels look but double action only the trigger pull looks like a beast probably better than nothing but if the reset breaks too far forward.. can just see the massive amount of creep that has in the video would be really easy to jerk the gun and throw off accuracy and shoot a lot slower. nicely done video but that seems like a terrible example of a self defense weapon especially with all the other revolvers on the market im really surprised he'd settle on that one without being paid by S&W to do so
>>
>>25146298
>Why can /r9k/ never have guns threads?
Because they are FBI honeypots. You probably are FBI. How's shitposting for a living treating you
>>
>>25147368
What the fuck does that matter
It's only a honeypot if you are or are planning on doing something wrong

Besides some of us interested in weapons might actually enjoy a discussion that isn't directed from the /k/ hivemind with uniformed opinions on fucking everything.
>>
>>25147504
>What the fuck does that matter
Maybe some of you prefer not to be on a list?
>>
>>25147504
I like guns, and hearing new points of view. Nee POV is how I grew to appreciate revolvers. It's a shame how everyone gets pissed off and circlejerks on every subject
>>
>>25146298
Pfff, I recently replaced my gas block.
We DON'T talk about real guns because we didn't want to be mistaken for a real Elliott.
>>
>>25147504
I actually like threads on /r9k/ about guns more than /k/. Everyone there are normies that get pissy if you tell them to lurk or fuck off for spamming dumb facebook argument threads or if you post a pic of a gun that costs more than $500
>>
>>25146298
Not every autistic kid is a shooter. That's a stereotype.
>>
>>25147569
#NotAllAutists
I'd get it trending but I don't use twatter
>>
>>25146472
20ga rounds are a lot cheaper too senpai, at least they used to be.
>>
>enjoy shooting guns
>neet, no money
>live with anti-gun parents
>no longer know anybody who's into guns, too scared to go buy one or go to a range on my own
>and really, who the fuck am I kidding, I'd just end up killing myself with the thing sooner or later

I guess it can't be helped
>>
>>25147620
Dude just grow a pair and buy one.
It's not that hard, just ask hunting questions while there and explain that your parents never took you hunting. Ask for when the next firearm safety course is.
>>
>>25147531
>Maybe some of you prefer not to be on a list?
hahahahahahah yeah okay
>>25147538
I really don't mind the circle jerking they probably have a pretty good point just difficult to have a conversation about more obscure things like revolvers.

>Nee POV
????

>>25147560
Yeah there is a lot of super pissy guys on there I've noticed.
>>
File: 1427524929555.gif (746 KB, 400x378) Image search: [Google]
1427524929555.gif
746 KB, 400x378
>>25147620
>ask mom if it would be cool if I bought a gun with my own money one day
>she knows I already go out to shoot with my dad
>she gets visibly upset and asks if I'm going to kill myself and says I don't need one
>catches me completely off guard
>now I hide three guns from my parents, 6,000 rounds of ammo and have to go out of my way to plan a day to go shooting and clean them
>>
>>25147694
>Dude just grow a pair and buy one.
That's great advice to get him booted out of his 'rents house. If he wanted to take courses or something they probably have a loaner he could pay to use or something.
>>25147620
just call up to a range and see if you can rent some shit or take some classes it seems intimidating or whatever but it'll get you out of your parents house for a while and have an experience.
>>
File: another reaction image.jpg (11 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
another reaction image.jpg
11 KB, 260x194
You know that /k/ exists right? RIGHT?!
>>
File: cowpens.jpg (393 KB, 1600x775) Image search: [Google]
cowpens.jpg
393 KB, 1600x775
>>25147171

>Europoors not understanding a core concept of American values

The 2nd Amendment is a part of our Constitution by design, and for good reason. At the time of writing, it was uncertain the United States would be left unmolested by imperialist entities after their independence was granted at the end of the Revolutionary War. The founding fathers suspected (and were actually correct in the belief that) the British Empire could invade the United States again at any time.

Furthermore, the founding principles of our country hold that if our government fails to meet the needs of the people, we had a right to abolish it, just as we did in 1776. Whether these emerged under a foreign occupation or through the corruption of the system laid out by the Constitution, there existed the people's recourse in armed struggle against it.

Therefore, it was not only the right, but the duty of every man to bear arms and be ready to form militia against whatever tyranny emerged. We are a nation based on these on Lockean, Classically Liberal traditions.
>>
>>25148657
I'd add to that - Yuros always put the question in terms of "why do you need a gun?" Well, they're worth having for the reasons stated, but in a way the question is irrelevant. The point is that the government lacks the (moral, and because of the constitution, legal) right to tell me I can't have guns. I have a right to defend myself. This, like other rights, isn't something the government benevolently gives to you, and can take away when it doesn't suit the state's purposes. Rights are things you have by virtue of being human, and the state is obligated to refrain from infringing on them.
>>
Have M&P 9 and glock 17. I don't really care for the M&P and will sell it later on.

i have installed trijicon hd night sights on my glock 17 and have a tlr-1 HL light.

I'm currently looking into getting my CHP for my state and looking at smaller subcompacts for concealed carry. I was looking at the HK p30sk and glock 26
>>
File: 1450103175394.png (277 KB, 989x1265) Image search: [Google]
1450103175394.png
277 KB, 989x1265
>>25147844
>anon does this
>yfw he is denied trying out a gun because in some gun shops, no singles policy isn't a meme
>>
>>25146298
>/r9k/
>known as a an hero spawning ground
>actively monitored by the gubment

Nice try FBI, but I'll stick to posting my funs on /k/
>>
File: 1421798934090.png (9 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
1421798934090.png
9 KB, 362x358
>>25149267
>"funs"
>>
>>25146298
i'm thinking of picking up a 10/22 carbine as babby's first gun. good idea? is it useful for anything other than plinking?
>>
>>25149860
Good starting gun to get the fundamentals down with
>cheap to shoot
>ridiculous amount of aftermarket
>you can hunt small game with

I would of gotten one as my first gun but there's barely any ammo anywhere and when there is, it's fucking overpriced. It may be a .22 but you can still use it as a home defense weapon if it's all you have. If that is even a concern to you.

Just make sure you get good quality mags for it
>>
>>25146298
/k/ here, I know bout funz, but I got /k/ for that type of discussion. Just like I don't talk about my learning disabilities and Autism on /k/, because that's what /r9k/ is for.
>>
>>25147198
>Being safe is not tacticool,

the more I read 4chan, the more I want everyone to die
>>
>>25148657
>>25148874
>yes I do live in a third world country where niggers break into my house literally every day, why do you ask
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.