[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey normals. I have a problem. Whenever I make a comment about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: dogefeel.jpg (12 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
dogefeel.jpg
12 KB, 265x265
Hey normals. I have a problem. Whenever I make a comment about something at a social situation (usually a group of 3+ people), I can sense awkward silence. It feels as though I stop the flow of conversation every time I open my mouth. The conversation eventually resumes and my presence is usually ignored. I want to be a better talker. Wat do? Do I have autism?
>>
It's possible that it causes others to become quiet because your timing is off. Do you usually have the ability to comment immediately in the flow of conversation, or do you wait a bit before saying anything?

This is a problem I occasionally have.
>>
>>25145107
>It feels as though I stop the flow of conversation every time I open my mouth
>I want to be a better talker. Wat do?

Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice.

Then, more practice. Did you catch that? Practice.

I have been working on this for years and only recently mastered it. People will still sometimes ignore you or cause an awkward silence, if you've done it correctly you'll thrive in those situations now since you use to be the root cause of them. Just don't be afraid of fucking up. When you speak, you should feel as though you have something interesting and worthy to say; people will listen when you've got it down. Never say too much, nor too little, but the two most important things: never try too hard and never be afraid to walk away from a conversation.
>>
>>25145142
I don't think timing is the problem. Sometimes (though extremely rare) the they would still laugh at my joke even when the timing isn't right at all.
>>25145185
Yea I'm still practicing. It's just that these awkward silences discourage me greatly from time to time. I try to keep my insecurity from leaking but sometimes it's just not possible and I'm afraid that they would think I have autism or something. Thanks for the reply.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.