[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it mean to love yourself? How do you learn how if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 1416828028941.jpg (74 KB, 973x636) Image search: [Google]
1416828028941.jpg
74 KB, 973x636
What does it mean to love yourself? How do you learn how if you don't already know?
>>
>tfw you will never be a big titty anime girl
Just fucking end it all
>>
File: 1441039017684.jpg (50 KB, 600x495) Image search: [Google]
1441039017684.jpg
50 KB, 600x495
>>25143700

>Not liking DFC

Get out, high test normie.
>>
File: 1445716034763.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1445716034763.png
65 KB, 285x276
>>25143700
>you will never be an aloof and cold big-titted onee-san who secretely forces her cute loli imouto to lick her pussy and massage her massive breasts nightly
>>
>>25143744
Kuudere oneechan is best oneechan
>>
>tfw downloaded majikoi but will never play it
>>
I can only love myself if a girl builds my esteem up enough, I fear this self hatred is permanent.
>>
If you were met yourself in real life, would be you friends with yourself?

if yes then you at least like yourself

if not then work on the qualities that make you such a faggot
>>
File: 1446260166079.jpg (28 KB, 350x217) Image search: [Google]
1446260166079.jpg
28 KB, 350x217
>>25143761
>tfw not born with a cute kuudere onee-san who secretly harbours an incestuous complex for you
>instead I just have a bitchy and vapid normalfag imouto

Why must life be so cruel?
>>
>>25143797
I don't hate myself, at any rate. I got over my depressive, self-deprecating thought patterns long ago. Even so I feel like there are parts of me that I don't accept.
>>
>>25143806
Better that imouto than a hateful and destructive older brother. You could have had it much worse.
>>
Loving yourself means putting your happiness as a top priority in your life.
>don't agree to do things you hate doing just to appease others
>try to put yourself in safe, healthy, or appealing environments
>forgive yourself for mistakes you make because you understand why you did what you did
>find out what you like about yourself and focus on it
>always try to spend time doing the things you feel good about doing. Fun things, and things you are good at
>>
The more you identify with yourself as a singular entity, the less love and compassion you'll have for the whole. The more you identify with the whole, the more love and compassion you'll have for yourself.

Volunteer, help others, ease suffering. Improve the whole, and you improve yourself.
>>
>>25143797
But I'm insecure, lonely, clingy, anxious, and a hopeless romantic. I don't know how to fix such fundamental flaws. Going to the gym or reading books won't change who I am at a base level.
>>
>>25143908
this is super easy to do

...when you're attractive

because then you don't have to make having others accept you as the #1 priority

i can't live life for myself the way i want to because then i would not be accepted or loved or liked by anybody and i can't take that kind of loneliness
>>
>>25144373
I'm not even functional enough to do any of that, to be a meaningful part of any community.
>>
>>25144452
Stop beginning sentences with "I" and "I'm". Stop using the words "my" and "mine". You have all these problems because you consider them to be YOURS
>>
>>25144547
what the fuck does this even mean

go do a seminar at a high school dude
>>
>>25144405
yeha I dunno how to handle this situation so il just let you inside my brain

>lonely
man everyones lonely. Nothings wrong with being alone, you see that couple walking down the street they could easily be as unhappy as you. Youll want a relationship and once youre in one youll want to be single, thats the problem. You think its whats you want but it isnt, you run around in circles.

>insecure
everyones insecure about something and everyone flawed. focus on your high points, I like my green eyes for instance. dont compare yourself, thats one way to really fuck yourself up. Who are your idols? fictional or real whatever, take the qualities that person has and imagine yourself with them. Feels good dont it? work on that day to day. My vision includes me on a motorcycle lol

>clingy
dont, why would you. Doesnt take long to realize relying on people for things is really ineffective. The best way for results is to depend on yourself even if youre a fuck up

>hopeless romantic
ok me too. I dumped a long term relationship , I knew I was going to be lonely before I did it but whatever. Takes time man, this is the PERFECT opportunity to work on yourself. Relationships are for the side as an addition to your life, it isnt a potion that magically restores all HP, its more like like a buff potion, like +10 strength for an hour.

yeah you know why those things wont change anything? cause its in your head. I thought about it too, if I won the lottery would I be very happy? I wouldnt, I would be like whatever. If I got a gf would I be instantly happy, nah . SO now you know the problem, its your mindset. holy fuck this is a long post hah
>>
>>25144547
So, ignore and deny myself in order to love myself?
>>
>>25144405
you sound like a whiny bitch with a victim complex

i wonder if you're actually clueless or if you just want to feel sorry for yourself
>>
It's a meaningless platitude that normie types like the sound of so they repeat it. If loving yourself was truly a requirement for sex and relationships women, especially fatties, would be lonelier than the robots here. Hell even a lot of Chads would be out in the cold. Normies shun the idea of any sort emotional interdependence however and think the most a relationship can be is two totally self-sufficient people getting involved with each other because reasons even though they don't actually need each other for anything. But having a legitimately healthy and functional relationship seems to lead to self-love and inspiration far more than anything else, and even if it doesn't lead to exactly that it is a significant boon when facing everything in life regardless. They would rather risk nothing and gain nothing while the feel waves overtake them, and this is one of those phrases they use to express it.
>>
>>25144616
Yes. Value the system in which you take part, and you value yourself as a part of it. Focus on yourself and your specific fears and desires, and you are endlessly rolling in miseries and disappointment.
>>
>>25144597
It has a meaning, but it's one we all must arrive at for ourselves. It's a realization. Everyone understands, in time.
>>
>>25144624
You should be a therapist, dude.

>Well, I see you have these problems, and basically you're a whiny bitch. Have you tried getting over it and stopped being so sad?

I KNOW MY FUCKING MINDSET IS POISONOUS THAT IS THE P R O B L E M

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FUCKING FIX IT
>>
>>25144838
I I I

MY MY MY
>>
>>25144868
HOW DO I DESCRIBE MYSELF WITHOUT USING "I"
>>
>>25144882
Why place so much emphasis on self-description?
>>
>>25144926
This is frustrating.

How is the problem solved without identifying what it is?
>>
>>25144942
Since the problem is specific to your concept of yourself, identifying the problem brings it into existence and enforces its reality.

In reality, there is no "you". There is only a constantly-changing mass of chemicals and electricity, inextricably bound to a vast and intricate system. Identify with the whole, and the problems "you" associate with "you" are exposed as the fiction they are.
>>
>>25144996
How's the philosophy major treating "you"?
>>
As far as I know it means posting pictures of yourself constantly on social media. Maybe even showing a nip here or there

Also make sure you constantly post thing on said social media about how you're a depressed trainwreck of a human being, just so the self-love garbage facade is as transparent and pathetic as possible.

Now go out and love yourself!!
>>
>>25145063
And then if you want to self-actualize, take a picture of yourself giving instant ramen to homeless people and post that to social media.
>>
>>25145025
Cute.

It's likely that the more philosophy studied, the more difficult the realization becomes. May you find it in your own time.
>>
>>25145118
Not him but you sound like a pretentious asshole IMO and i barely even skimmed whatever gay trite garbage you wrote lol
>>
>>25145147
Well, we're all busy. Thanks for taking the time.
>>
>>25144838
looks like i struck a nerve

if you know what your problems are, you have a sense of self awareness, and i'm calling you out on your bullshit if you can recognize these problematic tendencies but magically become oblivious when it comes to breaking things down and thinking "why?"

also it's 5am and i reaaally don't wanna spoonfeed you but here's hoping it does some sort of good

>lonely
part of what loving yourself means is to take care of yourself, physically and mentally, before embracing others. the goal isn't narcissism, it's improving yourself to become a better person, or at least what you think constitutes as a good person. are you a good person? are you easy to get along with or are you abrasive? are optimistic or pessimistic? short tempered? what's your sense of humor like? do you have any dreams or aspirations? are you passionate about anything?
these questions are rhetorical so please don't answer them cuz idc but the point is: it's very important to reflect upon yourself and where you're at.
if you're lonely, is it because you might be insufferable without realizing it or is it because you should find somewhere else to live?

>clingy
learn how to be independent; have fun doing things by yourself - concerts, dining, movies, etc. there is nothing wrong with being alone; in fact a lot people aren't able to function alone. if you manage to pull this off, the versatility of being able to do things by yourself or with others is a lot healthier than relying on others to have a good time.

>hopeless romantic
melodrama is tacky.
this is something that just comes with maturity i guess.
idk what to tell ya though, but it's good to ask "why do i deserve a gf? if i found someone to love, what would i be able to offer her?"

>insecure/anxious
insecure or anxious about what?
>>
also, if all of this stems from nogf: never forget:
https://youtu.be/9vrDt2gG7cU?t=1m16s
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.