[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you all love someone when you dont love yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1447810000470.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447810000470.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
How can you all love someone when you dont love yourself
>>
I dont.

At least, that's what I tell myself.
>>
File: cookiespup.gif (2 MB, 310x325) Image search: [Google]
cookiespup.gif
2 MB, 310x325
>>25143555
i'm only a reflection of my environment and random stimuli
>>
I get what you mean but at the end of the day we're all animals. Do you think a dog self-evaluates before trying to get pet or a cuddle?

There is a basic instinct for companionship that overrides "logic". This is why so many of us broken individuals post lonely feels instead of truly accepting our doomed isolation.
>>
>>25143767
Sounds like a excuse
>>
>>25143555
how can you love yourself if no one loves you?
>>
>>25143555
thanks kendrick
>>
>>25143555
How does this meme even make sense?
>>
how can you love yourself if you're not a separate thing from yourself?

the question is bad grammar

there is no separate object to have love for. simply nothing is there to direct your love at. it's like trying to see your own gaze
>>
I've never understood that phrase. It doesn't make any quantifiable sense to me.

I have low, sometimes nonexistent self-esteem. I know everything that is wrong with me, and seldom remember any of my redeemable qualities. i.e. Most of the time I don't "love myself".

I have immense love for other people when they show me that there is still hope in existing, I love it when they exert qualities that I myself wish I had, I love it when they show me attention or favor that was completely undeserved, I love when they overcome their weaknesses and press on. I have every reason to love, and show love, to other people when I appreciate their qualities, demeanor and behavior. That action has nothing to do with me.
>>
>>25143973
Yeah, also how can you hit yourself? Utterly impossible grammatically.

Sorry anon but you're a tard.
>>
>>25143992
Yeah just keep avoiding the question like all you losers do.
>>
>>25143555
I wonder that too. There are parts of me I can't seem to accept and I don't think I could accept them in others either. I think I just want someone to love instead of myself, as if that could be a substitute.
>>
>>25144071
>avoiding the question
okay, well, I'm not him, but I posited a theory that the question itself is completely unintelligible here >>25143985

if a question doesn't make sense, then there can be no sense in attempting to answer it. shove that thought up your ass and please go
>>
>>25143555
Super easily, actually.

You should as "How can others love YOU if you don't love yourself?", and the answer is "they can't".
>>
They are worthy of my affection/adoration/love, I want nothing more than to show them I love them, strive to give them the best life I can. I have to live with my self hatred, getting the love reciprocated and being validated along with time is the only thing that will build me up. I want greatness, stability, security but not for me, so I can offer it to them. I can't do it for me, I can't reverse this without valid reason to and being worthy of love is the best reason I have. I want nothing but contempt for being this way, I'm ashamed. I don't want to "work on me", that means present me wasn't good enough. Some klonopin to dull my constant emotion would also be nice. Believe it or not I don't do anything but attempt to court a woman out of self interest, the rest is so the people who care don't have to see me in a casket. For you I'm awake.
>>
>>25144444
Then it's time to sedate me or give me the means for painless suicide. Ask a paraplegic to stand up. You underestimate how deep this self loathing/shame complex goes.
>>
>>25144557
Or eat/drink/sleep/piss/feed my nicotine/internet addiction, of course.
>>
File: file.png (795 KB, 852x960) Image search: [Google]
file.png
795 KB, 852x960
Sorry, Asuka
I think it is possible to love someone without loving yourself, but it cannot be on that deeper level that meaningful, true love is
>>
File: 0ee.jpg (415 KB, 750x2535) Image search: [Google]
0ee.jpg
415 KB, 750x2535
>>25144762
End of Evangelion's third act hits too close to home

every time I watch it I just sit there and really think about what the FUCK am I DOING WITH MY LIFE
>>
File: file.jpg (364 KB, 619x850) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
364 KB, 619x850
>>25144800

Shinji is literally the personification of all robots.

Asuka is that girl you liked in school but was
always rude, and, unlike what your mom told you, girls being mean to you doesn't mean they like you. Anno, however, offers the fantasy of "maybe she DID like me after all..."

Rei is the stereotypical perfect girl we hoped for but realized we can never have

Honestly whenever people say Evangelion is stupid I think that you have to be able to relate to Shinji and Anno to really understand its message. Shinji means so much more when he is a reflection of ourselves.
asuka is still my waifu
>>
>>25144730
You need to explain the distinction between love and TRUE love, them being the reason I wake up in the morning, your reason to strive. You've heard the song 'the reason', no? How can love be any more true than that? I understand being unlikeable when you are sad but you can't refuse love to those who need it most, in their darkest hour(s). Or months, rather. At their lowest possible self esteem you drop them because they can't change years of habits and beliefs about themselves to please you in a day, that is fucked. If you think dropping someone for showing emotion or struggling is your idea of true love I want none of it.
>>
>>25145080
meant for
>>25144444
nice quints by the way.
>>
File: 1245437834676589657756.jpg (50 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1245437834676589657756.jpg
50 KB, 1024x576
>>25144800
>>25144914
There are alternative universes where Shinji is alpha as fuck
https://youtu.be/Y7yWoKV1_VY
https://youtu.be/FckkZihQUaU
>>
>>25144914
Rei is the perfect girl we hoped for and eventually got.

that is, unless you're a beta cuck and have to settle for a bitchy slut like asuka.

Keep telling yourself that pal ;)
>>
>>25143555
When will this meme die? I love my gf, doesn't mean I'm not a worthless loser that should be shot
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.