[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True Notnormaldom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
People here talk a lot of shit about "normies" but it seems like most posters here are either enrolled in post secondary education or live in their parent's carpeted suburban split-level. If your hobbies all involve internet browsing, videogames and TV series, then news flash: you're pretty fucking normal. Yeah you're shy, yeah you're a neet. But why do all of your hobbies involve consumption of media?

Anyone here actually live life outside of social norms? Anyone here have goals or dreams outside of normal expectations?

Right now I am working toward a sustainable nadic lifestyle. Initially, my plan was to put my SP-404 (a battery powered music sampler that runs on SD cards) in a backpack and maybe take along a Yamaha mu-15 that I got for $30 (a little vhs-sized box with drum and instrument sounds, including some not-twrrible 808 knockoffs;also runs on AA batteries) and travel around by Greyhound making and playing dark ambient techno.

Now my plans have changed a bit in that I think I'm going to save up for an Octatrack (because my music has become a little more complex than the 404s sequencer allows and incorporates elements of witchhouse and industrial) and a van (so that I have somewhere to sleep and more privacy). I have a walkman so that I can steal cassettes from thrift stores to sample, and I also plan to use coffeeshop WiFi to sample shit from YouTube.

Right now, aside from the Octa and van purchases, I want to put together a small-run tape release (thru a local shop I met a guy who has a tape duplicator), send some demos to small bandcamp labels, and try to network with local venues and promoters.

Ideally, within the next 5 years I'll be able to live perpetually on tour. I already live on less than $20k/year and that's with $750 rent. I put together a rough budget that would allow me to reach sustainability for nomadic life with about $14k/yr.

What are your dreams, robots?
>>
I wish I didn't have to see your shit post.
>>
Haha holy shit
>>
>>25142353
I believe in you. You CAN DO IT
>>
I want to make art books. Like handbound esoteric ink drawings with different themes. I've thought about doing a local outdoor craft fair but I'm too shy. God help me I'm even considering etsy.

I'd also love to publish science fiction short stories in genre magazines/websites.

I just want to make a living by being creative and not have a job or have to leave the house.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.