[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw music doesnt make you feel anything anymore anyone else
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 1322797896001.png (6 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1322797896001.png
6 KB, 645x773
>tfw music doesnt make you feel anything anymore

anyone else in the same boat? the only thing that really affects me are nostalgic songs from my past that bring up old memories. but hearing anything new (even old songs ive never heard) does nothing for me at all.
>>
You're getting older, OP. The more songs you hear, the less they affect you. Your mind automatically fits them into existing preconceptions and they make less of an impact. Like adding more colors to a vat of dyed water - pretty soon, the swirls are gone and it becomes a uniform color of some sort, not really anything specific.
>>
>>25141844

wow thats a really great analogy
>>
File: 1445103016480.png (317 KB, 796x712) Image search: [Google]
1445103016480.png
317 KB, 796x712
>>25141684

I'm having the opposite problem. Every song that I like give me feels. The reason for that is because every day gets worse. So, when I listen to a song, I attach memories to it. And, even if the memories suck, it sucked a little bit less than now. So as you compile that over thousands of songs, the feels become heart-wrenching because I feel my life slowly having the love, passion, happiness and positivity being sucked out of it.

Even going back so much as three months ago, things didn't seem so bad; despite me feeling as if it was. And now, I wake up, and look around, and I see things are just getting worse and worse. I want to go back, I want to so desperately go back to the happier times in my songs. But no. Things are just going to keep getting darker, and darker, and darker, and darker, and darker until I'm consumed by this hell.
>>
File: 1449542539855.jpg (110 KB, 552x364) Image search: [Google]
1449542539855.jpg
110 KB, 552x364
>>25141684
>>25143429

Why were we born to feel such terrible feels? Why can't be mindless animals and feel only our primal instincts? This is absolute misery.
>>
>>25143645

Because life is hell.
>>
>>25141684
If I don't listen to music for a while, I expierence it more intensely afterwards
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.