[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is robot9001? can somebody explain what is this board about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: wtf.jpg (41 KB, 351x359) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
41 KB, 351x359
what is robot9001? can somebody explain what is this board about?
>>
>>25141432
It's where you act like a robot beep boop :^]
>>
>>25141508
Why the name ROBOT9001, where did that come from?
>>
>>25141550
Because we act like robots, human.
Bleep bloop
>>
>ITT: ignorance

'9000' because of the meme.

'9001' because the robot has been rebooted by moot (strictly speaking, should be '9002' now)

'ROBOT' because the original implementation was an IRC bot written in Perl.
>>
Originally it started out as ROBOT9000 before the first deletion. It had a bot installed that recorded any texts and images posted, so if someone posted the same exact thing again, it would prevent them doing so unless you made some kind of alteration.

The intent was to be a /b/ with original content, since back then /b/ was at the height of being repost central. But for some reason it started out with regular robots viewing themselves as gentlemen, then it got a habit of having threads about advice around women (which is how /adv/ came to be), which led to misogyny being a regular theme 'round these parts, then it became a place for people to post pictures of themselves and rate them (which led to the creation of /soc/). Then everything got so bad that moot deleted it, and people migrated to /adv/, /sci/, /lit/, etc. before moot brought /r9k/ back under the ROBOT9001 moniker.

9000/9001 is a reference to the infamous "OVER 9000!!!" meme from DragonBall Z.
>>
>>25141599
>ITT Spoonfeeding

People like you undermine my smug elitism, anon. Please reconsider
>>
>>25141661
>if someone posted the same exact thing again

Not really exact though. The robot ignores certain distinctions (not just punctuation), though still not as many as it should.
>>
>>25141696
Well, I just like sharing minutiae about online stuff.
>>
>>25141661
Thanks nig I did not know any of that
>>
File: 111.jpg (80 KB, 576x548) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
80 KB, 576x548
>>25141432
ayy lmao its the same bait
didn't even sage
>>
beeeep
>>
>>25141550
the extremely old meme created from a line from the english dub of a dragon ball episode you know the one
>>
This is the board where you bitch and moan.

But ORIGINALLY

Also it's about hating hating woman. And being a failure at life.

Enjoy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.