[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Nerd" culture is cancer incarnate. Someone, please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 4548635-7693750521-demif.jpg (461 KB, 1517x1017) Image search: [Google]
4548635-7693750521-demif.jpg
461 KB, 1517x1017
"Nerd" culture is cancer incarnate. Someone, please recommend me a patrician hobby.
>>
>>25140655
Ars Magica, the tabletop game of kings.
>>
>>25140655
reading

i make bombs but thats not really patrician
>>
Cooking.

There's a lot of variety so it'll keep you entertained for a while.
>>
>>25140655

anime and masturbation

shitposting every original post possible until /r9k/ is nothing but a mute grave of a board
>>
>>25140697
What's it like?
>>25140762
anything you can recommend?
>>25140829
Where should I begin? I can barely make a quesadilla.
>>
>>25141092
If you wanna into cooking, start lurking /ck/ for a few days. Find a cool dish or two you wanna try making.

Chinese food is a nice place to start, its really hard to fuck up as long as you somewhat stick to the ingredients.
>>
Rock climbing
Orienteering
Archery
Bushcraft (this one is for hippie faggots)

/out/ wishes you a merry christmas
>>
File: tumblr_m6q20cKViQ1rpopyk.jpg (147 KB, 500x731) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6q20cKViQ1rpopyk.jpg
147 KB, 500x731
>>25140655
Shitposting on 4chan is obviously a top contender. Get over to /pol/, pound a few redpills, and watch yourself become a brainwashed degenerate as you start hating made up boogeymen and seriously consider voting for Trump.
>>
Unironically posting Quentin comics
>>
>>25141092
Ars Magica is a game about wizards in the 13th century, AD. It takes a few liberties here and there with the wizards, but other than that the game world is exactly how people back then thought things worked. Aristotle is literally true, angels descend from Heaven to battle demons, and fairies live in the woods.

The best part is the magic. It lets you do anything you can dream of, like build a cart that flies and shoots fire or creating a spell that makes it rain food or whatever else you can dream up. Then it has a very solid math-based system for balancing this magic so that stuff still feels like a challenge.

Only true patricians know the glory of improving Hermetic theory and debating the finer points of theology with the local bishop while mind-controlling his illegitimate daughter into becoming your apprentice.
>>
>learning a new language
>chess
>literature/writing
>working out
>>
>>25140655

Shitposting on a popular anime imageboard

It's my favourite hobby
>>
>>25140655
Composing real, acoustic music.

Ancient languages.

Robotics.
>>
>>25141426
>working out
Took 11 posts. Longer than I thought.

>Weight lifting
>Anything other than plebeian as a slave from the Levant
So tired of this meme. You're not special because you're a gymrat who does synthol and is obsessed with pussy. You're just more cancer.
>>
File: 1314554771916.jpg (83 KB, 942x688) Image search: [Google]
1314554771916.jpg
83 KB, 942x688
>>25142459
You don't do it for the pussy, you do it for yourself. You do it because your body's appearance is one of the few things you have an element of control over.
>>
>>25140655
Watches
>>
>>25142050
>Composing real, acoustic music.

This thb

>tfw finished my second sonatina this morning
>>
>>25140762
wkinna bombs u make
>>
Hiking. Reconnecting with nature is the true antidote to the brain cancer that /r9k/ and the media fills you up with about what kind of life is more valuable than another.
>>
Reading poetry is the most patrician hobby. Buy a norton anthology as a starter to find out who you like.
>>
>>25142633
that's a money sink, not a hobby.
in effect, it's just an extension of any other kind of consumerism-oriented pastime, which is the lowest of the lowest marks of plebedom.
A respectable hobby involves creation
>>
>>25140655
vaping frirend
>>
>>25143179
>/r9k/ and the media fills you up with about what kind of life is more valuable than another
>/r9k/ and the media

You forgot about yourself.
>>
Something in the fine arts is always an option.

Personally I find painting to be extremely relaxing.
>>
>>25143237
conceivably anon could have meant watch construction, although that is doubtful

My uncle is a watchmaker/fixer and creates a lot of really elaborate grandfather clock type things.
>>
>>25140829
This. People always appreciate a good cook.
>>
>>25140655
Suicide, it's the best hobby for somebody who unironically says "patrician"
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.