[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frog & Feels Tavern - Sunday Night Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 26
File: wojak_bartender.jpg (57 KB, 614x389) Image search: [Google]
wojak_bartender.jpg
57 KB, 614x389
Hey anons. Come on in and have a drink. Also, I have some bad news.

tl;dr, Bartender is dying

I got the test results back from the doctors a couple days ago, and they confirmed that I have juvenile Huntington's disease. I have about a year to live. The nerves in my hands and feet are starting to not respond very well, and thus my ability to make these threads is going to decrease.

I'll still do what I can to keep the place open and to help you guys as much as I can. Best of luck, anons. And thanks for a good time.
>>
>>25140080
It seems that the bartender needs a drink of his own brew.
>>
>>25140107
I wish, anon. I've been drinking heavily today. I'm sober on the job, though. Can I get you anything?
>>
File: 1448190184998.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448190184998.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>the best guy on /r9k/ is dying
Just when I felt better you do this .-.

I've been dead twice in my life, any questions?
>>
File: Kagashowsoffanewonepiecehotdamn.jpg (326 KB, 868x1223) Image search: [Google]
Kagashowsoffanewonepiecehotdamn.jpg
326 KB, 868x1223
It's me as usual.
Sorry (again) about Huntington's Disease Bartender.
Let's share a Cuba Libre together, extra libre of course
>>
>>25140080
No...please, fight this.
>>
>>25140222
Nice trips, anon. You're drinking for free tonight.

>I've been dead twice in my life, any questions?
What?

>>25140255
Cuba Libre, on the house, anon. I'm hanging in there.

>>25140259
I'm going to fight it as long as I can, anon, but it's inevitable. There's no cure.
>>
I'll be joining you some day, Bartender. I just came across some literature (.pdf files from a google search) that revealed some scary yet relieving information. Due to my line of work, I have a pretty good chance at developing silicosis, an incurable lung disease that quickly leads to death. I should probably go to a doctor soon to confirm my suspicions.
>>
>>25140080
Hey man that's tough luck. I can't say anything but crap Hallmark lines you've heard before so I'll give it a rest, but we all do what we can. I hope you don't stop doing just that.

I've been drinking all night because my former-friend roommate's a cunt, and I start my new job at 7am tomorrow. I just get pissed, I've leased to something like 8 people, and none of them have been mature enough to just refrain from stealing my stuff or trashing the place and telling me to clean up after them.
>>
>>25140080
I can't really say much to help with this barkeep. I'll take my usual new york sour, and here's some tunes for the jukebox. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RCjEdeGmFk
>>
>>25140292
My heart stopped in a car accident for 3 minutes.
>>
>>25140080
I regret not posting in these threads sooner.

A stout for me, Bartender, these are dark days indeed. I hope you at least have a killer last year.

If no one else volunteers, I'd like to try my hand at barback, help you out a little.
>>
>>25140080
Fuck man, I thought multiple people made these threads. Sorry about the news dude, I'll drink one just for you next time I get a bottle

Thanks for listening to our drunken ramblings barkeep.
>>
>>25140080
Anon, I'm not a virgin, but if you'd like, I'll fuck you.
>>
>>25140080
What the fuck, barkeep. I don't even feel comfortable unloading on you with all that shit going on. Want to talk about it? Drinks on me.
>>
>>25140304
>silicosis
I'll fuck you too if you'd like. Giving away free vagina shots to dying robots.
>>
>>25140427
Can you not make it about your roastie, we all need to be here for barkeep.
>>
>>25140304
I had my suspicions, but I didn't think it was Huntington's. And thanks for the kind words, anon.

>>25140306
Sounds like a shitty situation, anon. Have a beer on the house.

>>25140309
Thanks, anon. Here's your NY Sour

>>25140337
Damn, BB. Sounds intense

>>25140371
Here's a Smithwick's, anon. If you'd like to help, I'd appreciate it. I need someone to manage the place after I pass.

>>25140376
No worries, anon. I do this because I enjoy it. Can I get you something to drink?

>>25140383
I'll pass, anon. Thanks though.

>>25140393
Don't worry about it, anon. I just felt like I should let you guys know what's going on. What's on your mind?

>>25140461
You guys don't need to be here for me. I'm here for you.
>>
File: 1445056546626.png (55 KB, 395x377) Image search: [Google]
1445056546626.png
55 KB, 395x377
>>25140080
Bartender don't die dammit!
>>
File: 1415036287936s.jpg (8 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1415036287936s.jpg
8 KB, 250x242
>>25140080

STOP PRETNEDING LIKE YOU GIVE A SHIT.

YOU DON'T.

I HOPE YOUR SHITTY FAKE ASS TAVERN BURNS TO THE FUCKING GROUND YOU MAGGOT
>>
>>25140495
I wish I didn't have to, anon.

>>25140513
I do care, frogposter. I keep making these threads because I enjoy making them.
>>
File: XPBWAKZ.png (264 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
XPBWAKZ.png
264 KB, 540x429
If you're serious OP, I suppose the feel you're feeling is far worse than most peoples. Mine seem trivial in comparison. My condolences.

I'm young, but I'm alone, with no car, no job, no friends, no prospects, and no future. If there's ever two things a person should never be, it's their own best friend, and worst enemy.

A family member of mine died today. It was an uncle I wasn't that close to. The news didn't rattle me. It's hard to care about someone you don't really know.

I'm gonna eat this wrap I got from Taco Bell, eat a muffin, and pull a pic related.

I'll stop writting here. This isn't a blog, but I really have no one else to talk to.
>>
I've always wondered, how exactly does a doctor inform you when they have to unexpectedly tell a person that they only have a short time left to live?

Is it like how they do it in the movies? Like, "You only have x amount of time left. I'm... so sorry"

Like, what's the exact wording when they break the news? What comes immediately after? Do they offer counseling services or something? It's just a morbid curiosity that I've always had, I suppose

But that aside, I'm really sorry to hear it. Your threads were some good ones, and offered some real community onto a board that sorely needs it. You're in my thoughts.
>>
>>25140531
Does your family know? Have you told anyone but us?
>>
>>25140475
>No worries, anon. I do this because I enjoy it. Can I get you something to drink?

If it wasn't for the fact I had work in 8 hours I'd be 3/4 through a bottle of rum with coke by now.

I made the mistake of drinking on a worknight once, whew lad never again. I ended up waking up stumbling and when I got to the parking lot I had to run to a garbage can and puke all over it.
>>
>>25140080
God damn anon. We'll never forget you. This is one of the best spots on 4chan.

Anyway, here are my feels, as meager as they are compared to yours;
>tfw 21 year old and lonely as fuck with no friends, going to meet a transgender girl next month I met on r9k, with potentially romantic intentions, but I can't tell if she actually likes me or not, or just wants to use me as a beta orbiter she can sponge attention from
>>
File: bottle_winter_spirit.png (16 KB, 200x371) Image search: [Google]
bottle_winter_spirit.png
16 KB, 200x371
>>25140475
> Here's a Smithwick's, anon. If you'd like to help, I'd appreciate it. I need someone to manage the place after I pass.

This is delicious. I'll just finish this up and get started on the dishes. You need anything, just shout.
>>
File: Pepe and Wojak.jpg (193 KB, 439x656) Image search: [Google]
Pepe and Wojak.jpg
193 KB, 439x656
You encouraged me to ask a girl out who I had been crushing on after months of indecisiveness. This was a few weeks ago. Since then, we've gone out a couple times. I asked her to be my gf yesterday. She said yes. Thanks for the drinks and the feels, bartender. You won't be forgotten.
>>
1st time at the bar.
I hate to hear it man but it honestly seems like you mean something to these people. If you gotta have anything at the end, this seems pretty worthwhile.
>>
Does this bar have Bulmers? Haven't seen the sun in days, keep going to bed when I hear the birds singing early in the morning. Going to watch the sun come up soon, recently dumped same reason as usual "I don't see the relationship going anywhere". Don't know why I'm posting this, it is 5:45am and no one wants to listen to an Irish robot ramble.
>>
>>25140563
Your feels aren't trivial, anon. It's just that I know mine are ending soon and I thought I should give you guys a heads-up. Do you want a drink?

>>25140574
Something like this:
"The tests came back, and we've confirmed that you have juvenile Huntington's disease. With the severity of this case, our best estimate is that you have about 12 months to live." Pretty dull, honestly.

I'm glad you've enjoyed the threads, anon.

>>25140585
Not yet. I think I'll wait until after Christmas to tell them. I did tell my college that I'm dropping out after the spring semester though.

>>25140588
Damn anon. Drinking when you have to get up early usually isn't a good idea.

>>25140626
No feels are meager, anon. All feels are of equal value here. As far as the gril goes, maybe a date or two will be enough to tell if she wants an orbiter or not.

>>25140634
Thanks Barback. That beer is on the house, by the way. Thanks for the help.

>>25140732
That's great anon! I'm glad I could help you out. I'll keep doing this as long as I can; probably for the next 4 months or so, or as long as I can still type.

>>25140758
Thanks for the kind words, anon. Do you want anything to drink?

>>25140780
As a matter of fact, anon, we do. Here's a cold one. And go ahead and ramble, that's why we're here.
>>
File: 1448890801788.png (39 KB, 633x973) Image search: [Google]
1448890801788.png
39 KB, 633x973
Post a Bitcoin/Litecoin address. I'll finally settle my tab with the bar and perhaps maybe we can all help the barman in these tough times.

I haven't come here often, but this place renews a little of my faith in this board every visit.

God bartender, you really are Atlas bearing the weight of the world on his shoulders.
>>
>>25140811
Bartender, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
>>
>>25140811
College finished about a week and a half ago, I think. I lost track of time, slowly losing my mind, I only leave my room to smoke cigarettes. Sorry to hear you are dying, always lurked these threads but never posted before
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 801x438) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 801x438
How about a nice, relaxing beer to keep warm with the cold night outside keep?
>>
>>25140820
I don't want any money, anon. I'm refusing all treatment. Thank you for the gesture, but I'd rather spend my last days in my own home, not in a hospital.

>>25140861
I'm 25, anon. Currently in my 2nd year of grad school.

>>25140867
Thanks for posting, anon. Do you want a drink? Oh, and feel free to smoke in here.

>>25140893
Sure thing, anon. How about a red ale? I've got a good one from Evansville, IN called Tin Man.
>>
>>25140780
Hey there, Irishbot. I'm in London right now and watching the sun come up myself with this fine stout. I'm sure the boss will have me back on those dishes later, though.
>>
>>25140931
> I'm 25, anon. Currently in my 2nd year of grad school.

Christ, bartender. You're younger than I am. That's a sobering thought.
>>
>>25140935
I just feel as if seeing the sun will help me feel a bit more normal, I will watch people leave their houses again while I smoke a cigarette in a bit as well.
>>25140931
I'll have a double vodka.
>>
File: 1438922777218.png (566 KB, 762x342) Image search: [Google]
1438922777218.png
566 KB, 762x342
>>25140931
>25
>Accepting a death sentence
You're a far stronger man than I.
>>
>> 25140997
> I just feel as if seeing the sun will help me feel a bit more normal, I will watch people leave their houses again while I smoke a cigarette in a bit as well.

Watching the dawn is a lonely kind of peace, huh? I remember so many long nights working or playing games, and going out to see the sun rise at the end of a long night.

Now my days start with the sun. Feels healthy somehow.
>>
What were your symptoms man
>>
>>25140997
Double vodka, comin' right up, anon. It might help to get up and watch the sunrise, to help reset your natural clock. Not sure though, I got a C in biology.

>>25140999
I'm honestly probably still in shock about the whole thing. I just don't want my last year of life to spent doing tests and lying in a hospital bed eating hospital food.
>>
>>25141089
What were you getting a degree in?
>>
Hey bartender. I've been stuck at a job I don't like for the last 5 years, and I've just accepted a new one in a dream location with double my pay right now. I don't mean to boast but goddamn, feels good man.

A round for the lads on me.
>>
Fate has ordained that the bartender who went to this board to explore in peace will stay in our feels to rest in peace.

This brave man, bartender, knows that there is no hope for his recovery. But he also knows that there is hope for robots in his sacrifice.
This frog is laying down his life in mankind's most noble goal - the search for truth and feels.

He will be mourned by his fellow posters and friends, he will be mourned by their board, he will be mourned by the robots of the world, he will be mourned by a Mother Earth that dared send her sons into the unknown.

For every anon who looks up at the OP in the nights to come will know that there is some corner of another world that is forever comfy.
>>
File: 1413413821841.jpg (24 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
1413413821841.jpg
24 KB, 300x450
Its far from over, a year is still a long time and the memories won't fade till every last one of us passes away, so we might as well all make the best of it even if we are mostly miserable.
Here's to Bartender, who knows all of our tales, our sorrows and our favorite beverages, but never knew our names.
>>
File: 1441342078072.gif (152 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
1441342078072.gif
152 KB, 500x516
No drinks for me bartender, just want to talk. What do you think is going to happen to you when you die? I mean like...how are you feeling about it? Have you made peace with it all or are you angry? Any hopes that perhaps some god will welcome you into the holy land?

Your outlook on the position you're in interests me a lot, and it really sucks that you're going to die soon because these threads are great and you seem like a decent person.
>>
>>25140080
Hey Bartender.
I'll have legitimately anything or just nothing.
How was everyones day?
>>
File: 1445884503562.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1445884503562.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
>>25140931

Have you considered embracing the absurd Barman?

If you won't accept my money, accept my advice. Don't stay where you are. Right now, today, stop what you are doing, and book a ticket.

Book a ticket to somewhere, anywhere. Take out whatever money you can. Drop university, all of it. Be in a new city every week. Die on your feet knowing you were doomed but revolting and living life. Write if you must, maybe describe the world in those last beautiful moments before you shut the laptop and pass into memory.

Go on a fucking adventure. It's the one thing you owe yourself.
>>
This is one of the only threads of actual quality on this board. Even with anonymity you can still distinguish the different bartenders. You can not assign them a label, but you can feel the difference, therefore it literally won't be the same with you around. Best of luck. May God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>25141089
I should still be up, since I woke at like 8pm yesterday. I hope so as well, always hated science subjects. Just want college to start up again not back until February
>>
>>25140475
You don't deserve it, barkeep. All the little people get shat on.
>What's on your mind?
My dad had the big C, but it's in remission. There's a lot of feelings going on, namely:
> I hope he will be as stable as he is
> I hope he will be completely cured
He has neuropathy from the chemo, and massage helps. But I feel like I've damaged my hands in the process, and this was the year I was going to get serious about my art, since nothing else makes me happy. Why I occasionally get triggered is because apart from this neuropathy, he is 95% normal. He refuses to do anything towards alleviating his pain, not pre-emptively massage for five minutes, he won't use the massage roller I bought him, he won't use ice or look up techniques on how to keep it at bay. He just leaves it all to me, at the expense of my comfort. He doesn't like when I say my hands are constantly achy long term, but the only thing he'll do is put up with the pain for a few days until it's unbearable instead of just tending to himself. I just want my private time back and not being a fucking caretaker, but I feel like such a little shit. Throw in that voice in the back of my head wondering if this is our last year, I don't want to be a dick to my dad. I'm just perplexed, frustrated and tired of feeling like a cunt.
>>
>>25141089
I say if you're really not looking for treatment, just drop what your doing, sell all your shit, and buy a motorcycle and drive across the country.

If you can, physically. If not, then still, try to tie some loose ends with your humanity, if that makes any sense.
>>
Hey I've never really posted in these threads since I don't really need your services but I really hope you live a happy life off the time left you have, its hard to not sound cruel about the matter but you've done quite a good job in this board bringing joy to many people.
I'm really sorry, good luck.
>>
OP drop everything you are doing and become a real bartender and tell us where you setup shop
>>
File: 1421903192940.gif (362 KB, 256x184) Image search: [Google]
1421903192940.gif
362 KB, 256x184
>>25141123
OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN
>>
>>25140811
Wait till new years, kidney disease and other health problems I can relate to breaking ice.

Do what is right for you, read that book you've been putting off or talk to that girl. Be free old friend.
>>
>>25141083
Basically the signals aren't getting all the way from my brain to my nerves. It started in my feet, and now my lower legs are affected. It's starting to get to my hands too.

>>25141099
I was doing my master's in math at a school in the midwest.

>>25141102
Don't feel sorry about that, anon. It's not boasting. You made it, that's something to be proud of.

>>25141120
That speech always made me feel. Thank you, kind anon.

>>25141123
Thank you, anon. I'll be doing these threads as often as I can, but it probably won't be every night. This place will definitely be open on the 23rd and 25th though.

>>25141129
I just found out a few days ago, so I'm probably still in shock about the whole thing. As far as an afterlife goes, I'm not really sure. I guess I'm a deist, but I've always liked that "physicist's eulogy" speech.

>>25141137
Here's a rum and coke, anon. I've had better, but I'm dealing with it.

>>25141142
I've not really considered it yet, anon. I think I'll drop out next semester and finish off what I can of my bucket list. Going to each continent, each of the 50 states, skydiving, all that stuff.

>>25141147
Thank you for the kind words, anon. I'm glad I could bring happiness to so many people.

>>25141157
Have you talked to your dad about this? Maybe if you told him how you're feeling about the arrangement, he'd take steps to take care of himself.

>>25141170
I'm telling my family next week. Not sure if I'm going to do it before or after the New Year. Like I said above, I'm going to try to finish off my bucket list.

>>25141183
Thank you, anon. I'm going to do what I can to celebrate my last year alive.

>>25141207
I think I might just do that, anon. I've always wanted to have a bartending job.

>>25141216
Should I tell them on the 31st or after the 1st? Thank you, BB. I'm going to talk to my oneitis before I move back to Indiana to be with my family.
>>
>>25141330
Thanks friend. I'm glad your sticking through. I am starving. Did anyone eat something really yummy today?
>>
>>25141330
>I was doing my master's in math at a school in the midwest.

Brother in arms!
I'll be applying to math PhD programmes next fall. I'll mention you in the 'special thanks' of my thesis.
>>
I'M NOT GOING TO BURY MY BARTENDER

MY BARTENDER IS GOING TO BURY ME
>>
Well if it makes you feel any better OP, this world seems to be going to shit anyway.

You aren't going to miss much and you'll be spared the pain the rest of us will have to deal with.
>>
>>25141330
31st. Tell your mother last, perhaps father or best friend first. Don't immediately jump to facebook, normies spread bad things.
>>
>>25141330
Are you glad you got a years notice on your assumed death date or would you rather have just died out of nowhere from a car accident or something?
>>
>>25141330

New job boaster here, I just read what you're going through bartender. I feel like a 100% ass right now. Too often I look to bartenders for advice and conversation without thinking about the shit that they're dealing with.

If you try to fight it, best of luck. If not, I hope you spend the next year doing the things that you really want to do. Godspeed, bartender.
>>
File: 1418996945133_0.jpg (521 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1418996945133_0.jpg
521 KB, 1920x1080
>>25141330

No bartender, today. Get out here. It's all meaningless, and you are completely free. Drop out of class today, don't maintain this worthless charade for a piece of paper.

Trust me. There's so much to see, and no time to waste.

Tonight, book your tickets. Then go out, take a walk, and give the stars a good long look.
>>
Really sorry to hear about your problems, bartender. I've started a few frog & feels threads myself, if I ever see a noticeable decline in the threads, I'll help out.

All of my problems are mental. I'm an autodidact, opting to self-teach myself rather than go through a college/traditional education system. My biggest setback recently has been my ability to motivate myself to do things, I've been in an unproductivity spiral and it depresses the fuck out of me.

I've recently been reading a book about the hardships that past influential people have went through, and its really starting to make a positive impact on me. Today, for the first time in a long while, I've had the feeling that I can tackle my dreams. Feels good.

I hope your life goes as good as it can go, Bartender.
>>
>>25141395
I made some homemade tendies today. Just cut some chicken breasts into strips then breaded them with breadcrumbs/parmesan/paprika, then into the oven at 350 for 35 minutes.

>>25141410
Thank you, anon. I was considering putting this place on the special thanks of mine, but I'm dropping out so it won't matter.

>>25141461
Thank, anon. I've tried to step away from nihilism, but it's hard to stay hopeful.

>>25141492
I'm glad I have this notice. It gives me some time to get my affairs in order, make amends with people, give my family closure, etc.

>>25141494
Thank you, kind anon. Can I get you a drink?

>>25141512
I'm not going back next semester. I just sent the email a few minutes ago, and I'm taking care of the paperwork tomorrow. I think I'll wait until the new year to work on the list, though. I'd like to spend the next few weeks with my family.

>>25141542
I'm glad for you, anon. I'm always glad to hear when anons are doing good things for themselves. We're all gonna make it.
>>
"Death is a natural part of life. Mourn them do not. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force."

You checkout Star Wars TFA, barkeep?
>>
I love your bartender. I don't want you to die. I finally lost my wizard hood after 4 long years to a cougar at the gym I knew for a couple years. It was great. I'll have a double vodka I go in tomorrow for almost 12 hours.
>>
>>25141613
I did, anon. I went on opening night with a few other grad students. I actually enjoyed it. It's not as story-intense as I'd like, but JJ did a decent job adding to the space opera.

>>25141622
Double vodka on the house, anon. Good for you on losing the wizard hood.
>>
>>25141560
>we're all gonna make it
I try, Bartender. It's cool to see you studied mathematics, I am also studying mathematics. Did you study any particular kind of mathematics?
>>
File: tmp_21479-images(2)409347807.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21479-images(2)409347807.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
Hey OP. Look, I know you're down about your diagnosis, but what this place really needs is a bar rescue! Now who's with me?!
>>
I figure I should stop in, seeing as your time might be limited. Could you get me a glass of brandy, doesn't matter what kind.

And good luck.
>>
>>25141886
I was studying algebras, anon. Mostly Galois theory.

>>25141891
Please go, John. I appreciate what you're trying to do but I want to run my little bar in peace. Also, NORMIE

>>25141893
Sure thing, anon. There have been a couple other substitute bartenders, but I'm trying to find one who I can give my trip to. Pass the torch, so to speak.
>>
>>25141512
Adding:

Write/type/record down your night thoughts and dreams whatever they are.

Wander the world a curious zombie with no anxiety, analyze nature and seek answers for all your questions. For thousands of years humans pondered are we alone. Intelligence in search of itself made gods, deities and limits to fill an endness void of loneliness and uncertainty. Death nearing you may experience enlightment, an epiphany or flashback to long forgotten memories as a child. My mind ran with questions anyways.

Attempting suicidal activities doesn't make you in controll of death, It only risks never solving yourself in time before time cease to exist.
>>
File: tmp_21479-images(3)1323546575.jpg (7 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21479-images(3)1323546575.jpg
7 KB, 258x195
>>25141954
NOW YOU LISTEN TO ME OP! YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS? YOUR BAR ONLY APPEALS TO FROG POSTERS WHO MAKE UP LESS THAN 15 OF YOUR CUSTOMER BASE. WE'RE GOING TO START BY ADDING MORE THAN "TENDIES" TO YOUR MENU!
>>
>>25141954
Bartender, I have a paper that has a list of names of people that are likely dead. I collected them from really old books (100+ years old), and keep them with me to ensure that these people aren't ever completely forgotten. What is your (first) name? I want to add you to the list.
>>
>>25141560

Sorry again barkeep. I'm excited but it puts things into perspective hearing what you're going through. Seriously all the best, and I hope the rest of your years are happy ones, whether it's one or seventy.

I'm half lit already but I'll take a pale ale if you have one on tap. Put your drinks on my tab too.
>>
>>25142077
Sir, please leave. We stay open and I have a roof over my head. That's all I need.

>>25142095
Jack

>>25142115
I have a decent one from western Michigan called Bell's Winter White Ale. Pretty good, though there's probably some in-state bias.
>>
>>25142077

I'm a sweeposter who enjoys tendies.
>>
>>25142136

I'm one state down from you, I love me some Bell's. A Winter White would hit the spot.
>>
>>25140080
the cancer that kills thisnboard
>>
>>25142136
It has been done. Have a good night, bartender. I'll make sure to achieve my goals in your honour.
>>
>>25142193
Indiana? I grew up there, about 30 minutes north of Indy.
>>
>>25142238
Godspeed, anon. Have yourself a good night. I'll be back soon.
>>
I need a hand to hold, a shoulder to rest my head on and a pole to lean against.

I aint got none of this. I'll take a glass of your strongest stuff.
>>
>>25142278
Here's some sketchy redneck moonshine, anon. Wanna talk about it?
>>
I'm going through a bad breakup and I know yada yada I'm a faggot yada yada just give me a strong drink please
>>
>>25142314
Strechted myself out so thin that I couldn't recover from it. Gave a shit about that pot hole so I patched it up and what happened? I got a nail in the tire. Ya know?

Everybody new is the same person over and over. They all say the same thing and when I confront them about this they complain how I'm being mean or I shouldn't blame them for other people in the past. Its always the same thing then they inevitably leave anyways. My world is here. I don't people in person. I don't friends, family, nothing. This is my world and its empty and cold. I've gone through too many people.

I'll take another glass.
>>
>>25142328
Sure thing anon. Here's some whiskey.
>>
>>25142328
Anon, the mind treats breakups the same way (or a similar way, i should say) it treats handling deaths. There's grief, there's nothing you can do about it, nothing to be ashamed of. Just the way it is.
>>
I'm going to bed, lads. Thanks so much for all your support. Keep coming back; this place'll be open at least a few nights in the next week.
>>
>>25142474
Guess I wont get another glass. Well night anyways.
>>
>>25142474
Sleep well, Jack.
>>
>>25142446
Thanks anon I appreciate it, I never thought of it like that
>>
>>25142484
One more for the road, anon. Here you go

>>25142499
Goodnight, anon.
>>
>>25142443
Thanks bar keep, keep it going all night I'm gonna need it
>>
File: 1363398455280.png (440 KB, 348x718) Image search: [Google]
1363398455280.png
440 KB, 348x718
It's almost 2016 and I still don't have a girlfriend.
>>
>>25142553
Bartender is off to sleep. I've got a couple of bottles of vodka actually lying around which is nice.
>>25142601
Do you feel obligated to?
>>
>>25142648
>Do you feel obligated to?
Every year since 2011 I tell myself "I'm going to get a girlfriend this year" but nothing changes.
>>
>>25142532
No problem. Hope you get better, anon. If you want my advice, try to minimise avoidance. If your ex comes in to your head, don't try to think of something else. If you feel like crying (or having some other sort of emotional response), let yourself have it. (In a safe manner of speaking, of course, don't go shooting up a mall or something). The world is one way, what we want is another way. The difference of these things is what causes suffering.

>>25142601
Trust me anon, having a girlfriend is not any fun if you don't like yourself at all. A lot of people (myself included, in the past) feel like they need a gf to be happy, and it's almost like a bandage on a wound that needs stitches.

Focus on improving your life, make yourself happy without a girlfriend, and then you should try to find one.
>>
>>25142687
>Trust me anon, having a girlfriend is not any fun if you don't like yourself at all. A lot of people (myself included, in the past) feel like they need a gf to be happy, and it's almost like a bandage on a wound that needs stitches.
I've had a girlfriend before and enjoyed it a lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 1149x1017) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 1149x1017
>>25140080
I'm sorry to hear you're dying, Barkeep. Will the FnF continue without you?

Send a lemon drop martini my way; I'm proposing a toast to you.
>>
File: solaire of astora.jpg (88 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
solaire of astora.jpg
88 KB, 720x960
Bless your soul Bartender.

I do not know if you are religious or not, but I shall pray to you either way.
>>
I need to vent my petty bullshit and feel better doing it now that Bartender is gone, seeing as how my problems are fucking stupid compared to his.

>Christmas coming up
>Parents pressuring me to come up with something I want
>It's hard because I usually just buy stuff for myself when I decide that I need to own it, unless it's way outside the appropriate price range.
>Finally find something that I'll actually use every day, a photography-oriented smartphone that I'd really wanted for ages and that only recently got its price dropped into a reasonable range.
>Show it to parents a few days ago, they're on board.
>Been excited about it all week, reading reviews and watching unboxings, getting super stoked.
>Talk to my mom earlier today, mention that she should probably order it so it comes by Christmas, and she tells me that they changed their mind and got me something else.

I feel so petty over this, but I just feel like it's gonna be another thing to add to my pile of cool things that I never use, and the thing I wanted was something that would have served me well for the next couple of years. I'm also pretty close to the end of my current phone's life, so instead of solving that now I'll have to buy a new one out of pocket and get into another contract for it in a few months.
>>
>>25140080
You're a good man bartender, I'll miss you once you stop posting.

Are you expecting dementia?
>>
>tfw im a normie
>want a robot gf but i guarantee there is none in my local area
Life is shit guys.
>>
>>25143198
yeah I feel really bad for you haha
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 1920x1080
I love you, Barkeep. I'll make sure your legacy lives on.

If I may drop a feel,
> tfw something deep inside you that kept you a good person is starting to wear down
The normies finally got to me. I think I'm becoming a misanthrope.
>>
File: 3171090951_422cc31833.jpg (79 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
3171090951_422cc31833.jpg
79 KB, 333x500
>>25140080

Sorry to hear about it bartender.
Breathe deep and take in from life what you still want eh? Some people never get to be born, and some lose life much sooner. Not saying it makes your situation any less shitty...but finding gratitude for the good things you've had in life will prepare you.

To that notion, with a year on the clock, what kinds of things do you want to do in that period? I've found that things rooted in expression are more important to me than I once assumed. Things like drawing, writing, creating music, learning to dance. It's let me get in touch with a part of myself that I always felt was denied by others growing up.

I just got back from China yesterday, doing some job training for 4 weeks that got extended into 6. I could still surf 4chan, but I could not post anything because of region restrictions. It was interesting just being an observer. I also appreciate the U.S.A. a lot more. I mean yeah, historically there have been more than enough shady and terrible things this country has done, but that is something which is true of any government in the world, because of the inherent relationship between human nature and power.

But this place has a lot of good things too. The main things in my mind being choice in how to live, and opportunity. Relative to China, anyways.

Also, better beer and variety of food.
Right now I'm drinking my favorite beer, an 8% imperial ale called "Eye of the Hawk", it's really good.

Cheers.
>>
if you could get me some coke that would be great. I've already got the rum.

tonight's one of those "end of my rope" nights. all the shit in the liquor cabinet is nasty without mixers and I don't have any; can't leave the house because then my parents would hear the door. i'm not tired but i don't want to be awake. i want something to numb me a little, but not enough to cloud my judgment (just in case I get close to doing something I'll regret)

just generally indifferent this time around, but also acutely paranoid about the end of the world, as well as my uncertain future
>>
>>25140080

I lurk these every once in a while, tonight a bump. I'll take a rum and coke, heavy on the rum
>>
>>25140080
We'll miss you OP. Godspeed you beautiful cyborg.
>>
>>25144194
Btw Redbreast, cask strength.
>>
Monday morning in yurolands. 10:26AM to be precise, shitposting from work.

I'm running my own small store. Heating is insufficient and it's pretty fucking cold. Wearing two hoodies. Barely getting by, and what little I get by with I usually waste on drinking because... well, no need to explain.
24 years old, high school dropout, last relationship was 5 years ago. Future is uncertain at best, downright terrible at worst. Hair went to shit, thinning, receding. Shaving it once a week. Makes you feel old. Growing a beard to compensate.

Have some friends coming over tonight to discuss this music project/band in the works, and I swear to god, these once a week meetings are the only reason why I even bother to clean my place. I have the biggest pile of clothes on my couch.

2015 was a fucking shit year even though some major things have changed for the better. I hope next one is less shit.

I know my problems are small and insignificant, especially to OP, but I still felt like venting out a bit.
>>
Sad to hear that OP, but what can you do, just live the best with what you got.
I'll take the strongest shit you got, I'm not having a good time but I'm not gonna even try to compare it with what you got
>>
>>25140080
May I suggest you take some psychedelic drugs before you die? Professor David Nutt believes psychedelic drugs can have profound therapeutic value to terminal patients.
>>
does anybody here have a good feels playlist?
>>
>>25145583
as in music?

Jamiroquai makes me feel less shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPkjnRIdQXQ
>>
File: wojak91_2.0.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1065) Image search: [Google]
wojak91_2.0.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1065
I'm here to help
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.