[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you a truck driver yet? >pays good money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
Why aren't you a truck driver yet?

>pays good money
>you get to see the world
>almost no normies

It's the perfect robot profession
>>
>>25139847
the pay is shit and you die an early death from sitting all the time
>>
>>25139881
why wpuld you want to live longer?
>>
Truckers make shit money, what the fuck are you talking about?

>have to pay for your own gas
>body goes to shit from eating garbage at truck stops
>body goes to shit from sitting all day
>lot lizards will enter your truck and steal shit while you're away/sleeping
>if you have a family your wife will probably cheat/leave you
>>
>>25139881
>starting at $35,000

teachers that own homes make that. but they have to deal with shitty kids every day, without cursing or hitting them.
>>
File: teeeehee.png (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
teeeehee.png
10 KB, 320x320
>>25139847
>>almost no normies
>in a job that requires a drivers licence
>>
I have to either stop hating myself soon or end it. I know your reassurances are lies. Expose me for who I am so I can come to terms with it. You would be doing me a favor. Pls
>>
>>25139847
>Have to be very detailed and organized for taxes.
>Having to drive a semi steep uphill in mountain regions during a blizzard.
>Having to drive down the same mountain with icy covered roads downhill.
>Timed on how long you have to make arrival. Most truck drivers average 4 hours of sleep a day.
>Get punished if late from things beyond their control such as poor weather, traffic, or closed roads.
Sounds like Hell to be honest. Being a fishing boat is probably lower stress to be honest.
>>
Night time security guard is the best robot job.
>>
>Long hours
>poor dietary options
>stress of deadlines

I'll pass, my man.
>>
>>25139943
your as dumb as the people that go hurr get degree make 70k a year

it dont work out like that
>>
I traveled with a lady trucker for awhile, she said it could be a pretty tough and lonely life, definitely boring.

That was a few years ago, now there's a coming, real risk of automated cars taking the job.
>>
>people complaining about sitting down all day
>robots sit down all day
???
>>
>>25139847
gonna be no more jobs in 3 years
>>
>>25140007
>not having a standing desk

enjoy your crippling back problems pleb
>>
>>25140007
No actually I work out a lot. Even when I am on the internet I am standing or lying down in bed.
>>
I thought about it, but deep vein thrombosis and a job that will be obsolete when self driving cars catch on doesn't really appeal to me.
>>
I fucking hate driving so much. SO Much
>>
White collar >>>

I need to know if I'm smart enough to get a masters.. probably an easy one

Fugging hell help
>>
>>25139847
It's definitely not a life I would live, my dad's been a driver his whole life, works 70 hour weeks every week of his life, that's 14 hours a day where he gets up around 4 am most days. Albeit he makes a good sum around 130k/yr but the entire lifestyle is physically draining and you'll probably end up an alcoholic like him
>>
OP here

i appreciate the input. i've only met a couple of truckers and don't really know what the whole thing's about.

that said... i think yall are just soft. i fucking love driving for long periods. i would just listen to opie and anthony on satellite radio. and the sitting argument makes no sense - i worked for a year at a desk job. sat on my fucking ass for 8 hours a day. worse than that, stared at a computer screen too. no way that driving around is worse than that. maybe equally bad. but not worse.
>>
>>25139987
You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
>>25139989
Don't believe the hype, it won't happen anytime soon. How's that flying car of yours?
>>
>>25141165
you can already buy self driving cars
Porsche is so in to it that they will pay for any accident their self driver causes
tesla has one too but its use at your own risk
>>
I'm an anxious driver. This anxiety stops me from doing lots of things I want to do
>>
>>25139847
So no one real this in his voice?For fucks sake mate
>>
>>25141165
>How's that flying car of yours?

There are actually already self driving cars and trucks, you know this right? The latter already being tested for commercial delivery.
>>
>>25139847

I can't tolerate shit drivers.

I hate shitting in public places.
>>
>possibility of falling asleep and killing a shitton of people on the road.
Yeah, how about no, as much as I hate normies, Id rather not kill innocent children.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.