[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fleas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5
File: flea-crop2.jpg (15 KB, 531x264) Image search: [Google]
flea-crop2.jpg
15 KB, 531x264
Okay how do I get rid of them. I'm this close to removing everything from my room and fumigating it. I can't lay in my bed anymore. I can't even walk on the floor or they bite my legs. I've stopped allowing pets access to my room but it seems to have actually gotten WORSE. Help.
>>
Sprinkle diatomaceous earth on pretty much everything. All over the mattress.
>>
File: Flea_3001.gif (20 KB, 320x229) Image search: [Google]
Flea_3001.gif
20 KB, 320x229
>>25136908
Will try, thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>25136908
Before doing this, vacuum twice. Then, empty out the vacuum's bag/canister.

Also, get your pets some Frontline. Even if they're not allowed in your room, fleas will still get in there if they aren't treated.

Lastly, use the diatomaceous earth. Sprinkle it everywhere, especially along the edges of walls and baseboards, in your windowsills. by your doorframe and under your door.

Vacuum and empty the vacuum at least once a week. Re-apply the diatomaceous earth every month for 3 months.
>>
File: 8299498-flea-cartoon.jpg (95 KB, 795x800) Image search: [Google]
8299498-flea-cartoon.jpg
95 KB, 795x800
>>25136982
Pets have been washed and applied with flea medicine already. Will follow instructions.
>>
>>25136982
If this doesn't work, get yourself some Insect Growth Regulators made specifically for fleas. This will disrupt their life-cycle, and prevent the eggs and larvae from maturing into adults.

7 monthly treatments of IGR is the most I've ever had to recommend, and that was for a severe flea infestation that had been building up for months.

If the IGRs don't work, then call in a professional and have them fumigate the place. Stay out of the room for 24 hours.

Be sure to cover up anything that you use regularly (plates, laptops, desks) before fumigation. Leave your bed/mattress uncovered, then wash it in hot water twice before sleeping on it again.
>>
File: flea-1.gif (54 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
flea-1.gif
54 KB, 400x381
>>25137141
Thank you very much exterminator-anon
>>
File: zstxdc.jpg (15 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
zstxdc.jpg
15 KB, 600x375
>>25136868
maybe actually clean your room for once and you won't collect so many
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.