[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it feel good to be intentionally mean to people? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: KXNEkiD.jpg (173 KB, 1920x1152) Image search: [Google]
KXNEkiD.jpg
173 KB, 1920x1152
Why does it feel good to be intentionally mean to people?

Why is this feeling not reoccurring when we are nice to people?
>>
Actually, it DOES make people feel better about themselves when they help others. It's how we're wired.
>>
>>25134592
But it does occur when you're nice to people. I'm nice to people all the time and I'm one of the happiest mofos you'll ever meet.
>>
I always thought I was a nice guy until this thread, cause I'm helpful and all, but you're right. Being intentionally mean to people, making fun of them and seeing them suffer is the best feeling in the world.
Not even edgy, I understand now why girls hate me and I have no friends. I may act nice but deep inside I just wanna see everyone suffer.
>>
>>25134592
You're not a wicked psychopath, just another keyboard autist.
>>
>>25135484
I feel this.

I'm trying to come to terms lately with just why nearly everyone I meet in public, at work, or through mutual connections is so damn GOOD to me. It has been very rare, and relatively long ago that I've been mistreated by anyone.

I cannot quite decide how much of this to attribute to luck, to divinity or fate. I can't figure out how much of it I can rightfully attribute to my own attitude and patterns of action/behavior.

I've seen some folks that are damned good to everyone around them, but continue to be mistreated. I am similar in that I've done my best, and will continue, to render any assistance possible to any other human I come across.

But WHY do I seem to receive nothing but reciprocated love? Damnit, I actually feel a real sense of guilt about it.

Maybe I'm too hard on myself, but I cannot attribute the majority of this received love to my own actions and attitude, nor can I attribute it to luck.

I've been very confused about this lately. I am extraordinarily more happy than I was years ago; and I've got confidence that this happiness will only grow in the future.

But why?

Anyway, the only thing I really abhor in this world is malice; negative behavior exhibited towards another human for no tangible material gain. Only the pleasure garnered from the action.

Still, I exhibit malice, the same as everyone else. However, this malice is directed towards those that I determine to exhibit excess malice themselves. Real cancerous thing, malice is. Keeps us from propagating into the stars, as is my dearest wont.

Enjoy the shitty blog, work is slow.
>>
>>25134592
Speak for yourself, i have felt absolutely terrible the times ive been mean to people that didnt deserve it.
>>
>>25136000
nice trips. Being mean sucks because you have to carry that level of negativity within yourself. It eats at you and kills you
>>
>>25136104
Unless you are a real sadist, and didn't grow up in a disney bubble. Then yes, you will associate afflicting pain with pleasure.
Besides, it has been proven that altruism was only wired as a survival tool.
>Long live nihilist masterrace.
>>
It feels great to be mean to whores.
But that's because whores deserve it.
Watching the spark leave their eyes when you call them disgusting makes me feel warm inside.
Just a reminder, women are wholly inferior and don't deserve the benevolence that men provide.
>>
It feels good to be mean to your "enemies" (as in, the people who are the most different and distant to you) and nice to your "allies" (as in, the people you feel share the most traits with you).
Inversely, being mean to your "allies" makes you feel terrible and being nice to your "enemies" makes you feel confused.

From that point on, it all depends of who you consider an "ally" or an "enemy". You have people who love to be cruel with damn everybody else, you have people who enjoy hurting specific groups they deem as dangerous or inferior, you have people who think everyone deserves mercy.
>>
>>25136866
Hey, thanks for posting. This is an explanation that I find resonates within me at least a bit.

It would seem that I consider the near-entirety of humankind to be allied to me. The only people I consider enemies would be those that, themselves, consider....oh, what is it, too many people to be enemies? The wrong people to be enemies?

Again, I appreciate it. This is a sort of narrative that provides me a better, if only slightly, understanding of myself.

If you couldn't tell, I'm the jackass that posted the ignored, wordy, likely pretentious wall o' text earlier.
>>
>>25137255
That was no wall of text, little fish

You're lucky if the people you're nice to are also good to you. Hell, you're lucky if you manage to treat people nicely when you do efforts. I do my best but I still have major slips of anger and violence.

Just keep doing what you're doing. And remember that malicious people are the first victim of the pleasure they pursue.
>>
>>25137443
Ah, I didn't mean to imply that I'm some intellectual behemoth because I posted more than other folks. Just seems as if people's eyes glaze over when they see more than 5 lines of text, especially when that text is bereft of "roasties" and "chads" and shit.

I still take issue with luck or fortune as an explanation for my experiences; just as much as I take issue with my own behavior being the sole or even majority of an explanation for my reciprocated love towards others.

I'm still looking for a third option; outside of fortune or self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm still young, only 24, so I've got great opportunity to find it.

I could not act differently than I do and maintain contentment, much less happiness or joy. I must continue on as I have.

Good luck to you, bud. Again, appreciate the insight.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.